+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    blackfire
    I agree with you all and the fact that there are a lot's of tweak that could be done to GSA and that other SIM are working great but keep in mind that P3Pro is a low cost simulator for people with a low budget. GPS with golftek is 3000$ GC2 is 2100 USD just to start with one course and then 1200 USD for eatch 10 courses package. We're not talking the same language. Track man charges more than 1000$/year for support and upgrade. GC2 is offering 1 hour of phone support with they're 10 000$ unit after that you pay more or your on your own.

I think we got to be patient but the more we are going to buy the more they will be able to spend money on intergration and getting the GSA more accurate and realistic.

blackfire
    also and I hope that the guys from p3pro read that is that if they're intergrating with Vector Pro They really have to intergrate back spin side spin ball speed and launch angle not only launch angle.

blackfire
    1- Did some of you tryed the sensor without grass top and with grass top is it better with grass top cause I don't have it for the moment but Excluding the look I feel like it's far from hitting from a realistic surface. Is it more realistic hitting from the grass top.

2- Are you all braking your rubber and plastic tee all the time like me?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Fair be it Blackfire. The Optishot is only $400 and the integration is much better than the P3pro GSA courses. The cost of the P3pro is enough to expect a quality product and course integration.

blackfire
    Lot less courses and a lot more unit sold as they're just 400$

But I don't know I'm just thinking.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Fair be it Blackfire. The Optishot is only $400 and the integration is much better than the P3pro GSA courses. The cost of the P3pro is enough to expect a quality product and course integration.
    you are right they should be able to have a better product and I really hope they will soon cause I really whant te courses packed

I mean, I agree with you Blackfire. The GSA courses are close and with some simple changes in the integration the problems can be improved. i do agree that there are many other sims that are overpriced with respect to the courses, support etc. P3pro will get it right and improve the course play as well as offer some ball data add ons with either a launch cam or vector integration.

blackfire
    I' seriusly thinking about GC2 to hit from a more realistic surface and to have real accurate ball data and ball fligth calculation and keep the P3Pro for swing analyses some times. But onces you understand the swing if you put a masking tape on the face to be sure your in the middle of the club face you have a very good idea of what you did.

The guy from GC2 told me they are more accurate then track man inside(due to ball side spin that track man can't measure under 500 rpm with 15 feet and under 2000 rpm with 10 feet of ball flight) and less then 1% off outside.

In the final with robot external testing they are about 1 yard off at 100 yards and between 2 and 3 yards at 200 to 300 yards.

It's realistic because they're +/- 1 degree side angle and it's 1,38 yards at a 100 yards that been the worst mean would be 0,79 yard plus the +/- 50 side rpm it's verry hot for me.

Con 10 000$

It is difficult to know who is better, what is more accurate. which company is telling the truth etc. Every company will tell you how much more accurate they vs their competitors. Based on all I have read as well as who I have spoken with I tend to agree that the camera based sims are better for indoor golf tracking and simulation versus the radar/doppler units. I think the radar does a great job outdoors where they can track the ball over a long distance, however indoors they are quite challanged due to the much shorter ball flight. Camera based systems are probably better in that situation. The doppler systems are trying to improve their abilities to capture the ball and club in indoor situations. How much better the camera based systems are vs doppler is really the question. Most of the high end simulators are camera based however there are some that use radar, ir sensors, and laser. The radar based launch monitors like the flightscope, Trackman and Zelocity are trying hard to develop their products to allow for improved accuracy indoors as the teaching pros can utilize these monitors for indoor teaching. We may next see these companies morph into real simulation for the home user etc as GC2 has however the big issue has always been the putting. All in all I do think the GC2 is a great product.

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    It is difficult to know who is better, what is more accurate. which company is telling the truth etc. Every company will tell you how much more accurate they vs their competitors. Based on all I have read as well as who I have spoken with I tend to agree that the camera based sims are better for indoor golf tracking and simulation versus the radar/doppler units. I think the radar does a great job outdoors where they can track the ball over a long distance, however indoors they are quite challanged due to the much shorter ball flight. Camera based systems are probably better in that situation. The doppler systems are trying to improve their abilities to capture the ball and club in indoor situations. How much better the camera based systems are vs doppler is really the question. Most of the high end simulators are camera based however there are some that use radar, ir sensors, and laser. The radar based launch monitors like the flightscope, Trackman and Zelocity are trying hard to develop their products to allow for improved accuracy indoors as the teaching pros can utilize these monitors for indoor teaching. We may next see these companies morph into real simulation for the home user etc as GC2 has however the big issue has always been the putting. All in all I do think the GC2 is a great product.
    Are you saying they have a problem with the putting??

Do you think that there is a better SIM at a lower price?

Personally Ithink the GC2 is a great product but is a little overpriced mostly wih the courses. It depends on what you want from the sim. The nice thing about the GC2 is the ability to track the ball (and now the club) to give great realism. It can be used indoors and outdoors. It has spin, launch etc and can be used in simulation. If you want portablity (can take to the range etc) then its the way to go but bear in mind you will pay for it. The downside is the price and the left-right golfers issue. I think there are other home sims that are up in its league for cheaper. NO there is no putting issues with the GC2. Other launch monitors like the vector, Zelocity, Trackman, Flightscope have issues in trying to get the putting,chipping to be effective for home simulation.

blackfire
    Hey bubba,

I agree with you with the over price and I really hope I'll get the return of my money.

But I made my decision for these resonses:

1- no specific spot to shot from and more realistic surface.

2- no tapping( exept at start I'll keep my P3Pro for few test if I can't correct my swing)

3- Have a really accurate ball tracking for inside winter and summer practice

4- Have a verry good SIM all in one driving, irons chipping and putting(hope they're courses are better then P3Pro at this price)

5- The option of use it at the practice range or on the courses when there's nobody around.

6- be able easely to move the unit to use left and right cause I don't have the space to place a unit in the midle and hit from bolt side.( I aleready have to move the P3Pro to play bolt left and right GC2 is going to be more easy)

I looking for a long time as weel and it's the first one I have confidence in and that is not complicated or restreining spot hitting from or putting option you have to add.

If I take the portability out of the question Pro7 is probably verry good but still no spin one spot to hit from and expensive as well.

All good points and I agree. The GC2 is probably for you then.

blackfire
    for the moment I'm practicing almost every day and improving my swing like I would never be able whitout a P3Pro. Better then lessons unless you go to teachers that as camera and simulator.

Even then having a swing analyser every day like the P3Pro or other's like it or better is the best a golfer can ever dream of to improve the swing.

Sand Wedge jimmyjames is on a distinguished road
    I am new to this forum as a member, but have been reading the posts for awhile. I am curious about the ps3 camera and how it works with the p3pro. I have read old posts from Bubba and see that he used to use a ps3 camera for launch angle with the p3pro. I know it doesn't currently integrate with the new courses, but I would be interested in learning how to integrate it and if it does improve accuracy.

It seems like it would give more information and thus render more accurate swing result. Is this true? I just purchased the p3pro with new grass top and am trying it out before my 30 days to return is up. I am not sure about the readings, but I have not tried taping my clubs. Even reading with my irons seem a little off. Distance is definitely slightly off. Does taping irons make that much difference? I am interested in getting as accurate feedback as possible, so as to improve my swing. Not sure if the p3pro is going to fit the bill or not. Problem is I can't really afford to spend much more or I would look at the GC2 or something. Seems like some people on this forum hate and it and some love it.

I welcome any advice or thoughts someone may give.

Depends on what you expect. I have the optional launch cam for the P3pro and it gets the launch angle well. The problem is that it uses video which is slow. Therefore the readings take a few seconds to record. In the original course and driving range it shows the launch and the trajectory well but it is annoying waiting for it to show. It hasn't been integrated in the Red Chain courses as of yet. To strictly just analyse your swing, the P3pro does ok, however so does the dd (except woods). For course play and realism (I mean showing the true launch angle, ball direction and speed), the P3pro is bad due to the lack of ball data. Its really that simple!!!

Thanks for the response bubba22. I realize from your posts that you feel the dd and p3pro are comparable, but how can the dd be as accurate if it doesn't allow intergration with a launch cam? I can't afford to spend the money for a GC2 or protee, but I would like to get the most accurate simulator for the money. Because the p3pro allows integration with a launch cam, would that make it a better choice? Plus, it seems that are several professionals that are using these as simulators in a commercial setting. I haven't seen that with the dd.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    jimmyjames,

Here is the key point that bubba22 was making. The LA software is no longer available from P3proswing. It was discontinued. You would have to buy it used. Software, security dongle, and PS3eye camera.

Even if you found one, the LA software was only integrated with just the two courses, which are very outdated compared to the Optishot courses. It was never integrated with the new virtual courses and will probably never be.

Also, the LA software only captured LA. Better simulators also measure ball speed, ball path, and ball spin.

It's good that you can still return the P3pro. Folks are saying all great things about the GC2 but it's out of your budget and most of us here. I would suggest you look at Protee or GGS. GGS is great if you're technically inclined. You can buy OEM parts cheaper than retail. Start with a basic club sensor then build up as your budget allows. Both Protee and GGS measure club data, LA, ball speed, and ball path. Spin is estimated from club face/club path. There are plans to add spin cam or measuring devices.

8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    jimmyjames,

I had a P3ProSwing with the LA cam/software and did its job alright but I would buy the Optishot over the P3Pro mostly because P3 does not seem as committed the software and course as Optishot does. But that is just my opinion.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    jimmyjames,

Here is the key point that bubba22 was making. The LA software is no longer available from P3proswing. It was discontinued. You would have to buy it used. Software, security dongle, and PS3eye camera.

Even if you found one, the LA software was only integrated with just the two courses, which are very outdated compared to the Optishot courses. It was never integrated with the new virtual courses and will probably never be.

Also, the LA software only captured LA. Better simulators also measure ball speed, ball path, and ball spin.

It's good that you can still return the P3pro. Folks are saying all great things about the GC2 but it's out of your budget and most of us here. I would suggest you look at Protee or GGS. GGS is great if you're technically inclined. You can buy OEM parts cheaper than retail. Start with a basic club sensor then build up as your budget allows. Both Protee and GGS measure club data, LA, ball speed, and ball path. Spin is estimated from club face/club path. There are plans to add spin cam or measuring devices.
    Jimmyjames,

Like Zmax said, if you are technically inclined, Martin's GSA (golfsimfactory.com) components would be the way to go. His px2 circuit board has a lot of upgradability. If you go that route, I have advertised some prototype housings in the classifieds but would be willing to provide you with one of those for the cost of UPS shipping just to help out a fellow member. You would still have to get the polycarbonate and Fiberbuilt mat that goes on top but it would get you going. If you want one of those prototypes, just pm me with your address and I will see what the shipping is -- shouldn't be more than $25 if you are in the US. If it is Canada, it will definitely be more expensive - even via US Mail as the base weighs close to 9 pounds.

Best of luck whatever direction you decide to go.

Man all this feedback is great! thanks everyone. I have looked at GSA, but wasn't sure about setting it up in my garage (as far as the lighting goes), since it is shadow-based, vs IR. Seems like it would be picky regarding getting the perfect light over the sensor, etc.) It did seem like a good way to go if one could get it set up right, but more expensive if I went with the px2 ($2699-). I am trying to break my wife into this idea slowly, but I want something that is going to give me correct feedback, as I will likely make swing changes as dictated by the software results.
    Jagmanjoe, you mentioned the polycarbonate housing, what exactly is that? I assume you are saying I could buy the OEM board and then put it into a housing, but where do you get the polycarbonate and fiberbuilt mat? I am definitely leaning towards returning this.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    With the component setup of Martin's, I believe you purchase the circuit board and software. If you look at his site, you will see a black casing at the base with a clear acrylic above that then the Fiberbuilt mat. Some here have elected to purchase the circuit board and software at a greatly reduced price then build their own base, purchase the mats from Fiberbuilt and assemble the unit themselves. For a while I was working with Martin on the bases and that is why I have the prototypes. The acrylic or Polycarbonate could be purchased at a plastics shop but the Fiberbuilt mat does need to have cutouts in it for the sensors to see the club. Perhaps some can chime in on how they cut the Fiberbuilt mat - it is a little involved because the base of the mat has small steel clips which hold the turf pieces together in clumps for lack of a better word on my part.

I also believe there are a couple of people that have set up sites showing how they built their own using this circuit board and software. It takes time to do and some general abilities including fastening down the circuit board but I do not believe there is any soldering required -- mostly mechanical work.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    We are getting off topic here. This same GGS OEM questions up frequently so I'll open up a GGS OEM thread. I'll start it off with jagmanjoe's last post.

Thread Information