100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    8 Iron netcam is on a distinguished road
    I have the p3pro with the cam but it is will in the box as im still trying to get the area cleaned out to set it up. The main reason I chose the p3pro is the launch angle.

I think the p3 with Vector integration would be very interesting though especially at the price point.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That's great to hear. Hopefully you get it set up soon. Do you have the new GSA courses netcam? Are there others with the launch angle add ons?

I was very interested and almost pulled the trigger on the GSA courses but since there is no launch angle integration now or in the near future (hopefully that is not true) I am holding off on the courses till they integrate the launch camera...

I really hope p3pro is reading this. The courses are very nice but really would be better with launch.

Good news about the launch. It looks like the p3pro folks are upgrading the launch angle add on for the unit. I only assume it will integrate with the GSA virtual courses. Hopefully this will happen soon. This will be a wonderful addition for those who want to know how high you really hit the ball and not a perfect estimation based on the club loft. I would encourage the p3pro users to look at this add on as well as the GSA courses.

I hope they will make the existing launch customers system work with GSA and not force us to upgrade to new system... But good news to hear they are upgrading this feature!

That is a good point. I am happy with my setup. I would just like the launch data to be included in the integration program to work with the GSA courses. A new launch setup would be welcomed however.

Confirmed that the p3pro launch add on is being redisigned. Unsure when it will be available. They didn't know when the GSA courses will also incorporate the launch. I am hoping that they are looking at that as we are speaking. The launch add on is a critical ball info in my opinion and would really be awesonme with the GSA courses.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    went to play yesterday... i skulled my first 3 drives. dang i need the launch data bad for GSA.

I completely hear you dvshx. Very misleading if you don't know how high it is struck. Launch angle measurement is very very critical to the accuracy of the sim. Otherwise it really is a complete guesse.

Has anybody heard word about the new launcg angle device or the Vector launch integration?

Interesting that the AllsportSystems have now included the Sony Ps3 eye webcam as a high speed cam http://www.allsportsystems.com/high-...b-cameras.html and http://www.allsportsystems.com/high-...b-cameras.html. The cam can actually capture up to 120 fps and there is software to support more than 1 camera. They are smart to use this cam as it is very well priced and probably the best webcam for golf analysis. Hopefully p3pro are looking at this cam for the launch add on and God willing a ball cam.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Interesting that the AllsportSystems have now included the Sony Ps3 eye webcam as a high speed cam http://www.allsportsystems.com/high-...b-cameras.html and http://www.allsportsystems.com/high-...b-cameras.html. The cam can actually capture up to 120 fps and there is software to support more than 1 camera. They are smart to use this cam as it is very well priced and probably the best webcam for golf analysis. Hopefully p3pro are looking at this cam for the launch add on and God willing a ball cam.
    Im buying this cam ASAP. They are listening to you Bubba. You have been recommending this as a low cost solution for video capture and launch angle.

What I need is Launch Angle by Christmas and ball cam by summer. Every now and then the thought of selling my P3Pro and buyn Pro7 is creepn up in my head.

I hear you dvshx. I often think about getting the pro7 which I call the gold standard for indoors. The ps3 eye webcam is remarkable for the price. I am sure the allsport crew have been reading this forms and viola, there is the camera for video analysis. There is software that will allow 120 fps which is unbeleivable for a webcam. I really hope p3pro are looking at this because it is a great cheap option vor video analysis, launch and as a ball cam. Could you imagine how good it would be if they were able to allow for 120 fps as opposed to the 30 fps limit they have now.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Don't get me wrong...the Pro 7 is a great system and I love it. But...I just wish P3Pro would get the launch angle working with the PS3 webcam integrated to GSA Golf. It sounds like the webcam launch angle works pretty well, and really is a fantastic price to get a system up and running with launch angle. Maybe they'll get something to market quicker than you're expecting...it would be nice.

Well I hope so rdh. The webcam is a poor man's method of determining the launch angle. I still would prefer the sensor method like you have rdh. Your sim will get ball speed and direction as well and is more user friendly than the webcam. I know there is a 40 degree limit however you probably don't go above 40 degrees often. If the p3pro folks get the launch cam working for the virtual courses and a ball cam, I will be a very happy man. Time will tell.

This is the type of setup the p3pro should develop with the ps3eye webcam as their camera source within the unit. It would be cheap and reliable but most importantly affordable for the majority of people. Check it out http://www.golfcoachsystems.com/golf-launch-monitor.htm it is the Launch It. Something like this will be easier to setup and more user friendly. Hopefully the p3pro folks are reading this. Any thoughts?

Nice find bubba! I am getting closer to finally getting my system setup and I think I am going to and machine some sort of camera "housing" to hold and protect the ps3eye camera. It would also be nice if I could figure out how to house a light in it as well but I'm not as sure about that yet.

Any more word on the Vector integration with p3pro?

I have not heard. Will enquire this week. Buidling a housing for the ps3eye will not be hard. I imagine the p3pro folks are in the process of doing something like that or at least should be thinking hard about it. I use the black metal frame that they supply, velcro doen the cam and use black tape to hold it and keep it from moving. It is suprisingly very steady and needs little if any adjustments. The software automatically adjusts for the tee heights. I use a light from Walmart (7 dollars) that shines just ahead of the ball. They supply a small light that they recommend shining on the ball. I still do that but in my hands shining the light just ahead of the ball where the video will capture the ball flight (and calculate the launch) makes more sense ie you want the light where the ball is going. I am extemely impressed with the accuracy of this unit. Once you are up and going netcam let us know.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Wow, nice find Bubba. Would love to see the P3Pro add this.

The current p3pro launch system is very similair and essentially works the same way. The cam is not incased and essentially sits on a metal plate to keep it at the same height as your sensor pad. I have modified mine by velcro and tape to secure it and a cheap housing to protect it. Developing a unit like this with the ps3eye cam incased aas well as upggrading the video capture to allow for the 75-120 fps would be very, very accurate and again not costly. As you know the current video captures only 30 fps, probably done historically because that was the limit of most webcams or video cameras in general. With more cams that can capture better frame rates then p3pro should look at an upgrade for all their video spftware not just the launch. Lets start with the launch obviously so we can integrate that in the GSA virtual courses.

Lob Wedge martinGSA is on a distinguished road

GSA Golf interface

Hi all on this thread,
    I programmed the GSA Golf interface as a generic open interface that can be used by all golf simulator manufactures.
    I used to work in the music business (many, many years ago) and was involved in the MIDI interface design concept and wanted to do the same for the golf simulator industry. i.e. a simply interface that would allow golf simulator hardware and software products from different companies to be shared and interfaced with each other.
    It worked great in the electronic music instrument industry but golf simulator companies are seemingly too afraid (or maybe arrogant) to want to do this at present.
    They seemingly want to force you to only purchase their products and if they don’t supply a particular product that the customer would be interested in the then that’s just tough.
    Of course, the music instrument industry is huge compared to the golf sim industry so this may have a lot to do with it.
    The argument that they don’t want to promote another company’s product is not a valid one either as GSA Golf can be branded as their own. Many golf simulator companies already do this in fact.
    Anyway, just wanted to point out that the GSA Golf software has a simple and effective open interface and if it is not available from your product manufacturer then it is not due to any technical issue.

Regards,
    martinGSA

Thanks for the info Martin. Pleasure to have you on the board. I think the GSA software is very good. Keep us all updated with the progress of your sims.

They really need to fix their sand play with the P3pro and the new GSA courses. It is completely unrealistic.

blackfire
    exept for the sand do you recommend it

blackfire
    Quote Originally Posted by martinGSA View Post
    Hi all on this thread,
    I programmed the GSA Golf interface as a generic open interface that can be used by all golf simulator manufactures.
    I used to work in the music business (many, many years ago) and was involved in the MIDI interface design concept and wanted to do the same for the golf simulator industry. i.e. a simply interface that would allow golf simulator hardware and software products from different companies to be shared and interfaced with each other.
    It worked great in the electronic music instrument industry but golf simulator companies are seemingly too afraid (or maybe arrogant) to want to do this at present.
    They seemingly want to force you to only purchase their products and if they don’t supply a particular product that the customer would be interested in the then that’s just tough.
    Of course, the music instrument industry is huge compared to the golf sim industry so this may have a lot to do with it.
    The argument that they don’t want to promote another company’s product is not a valid one either as GSA Golf can be branded as their own. Many golf simulator companies already do this in fact.
    Anyway, just wanted to point out that the GSA Golf software has a simple and effective open interface and if it is not available from your product manufacturer then it is not due to any technical issue.

Regards,
    martinGSA

Hey martin,

your SIM looks great but expessive a bit and you've never been for external testing?

If they sort out the issues with the GSA courses including the launch then I would recommend it. Otherwise I would say no. The expectation is that they would resolve the many little course issues (chipping, sand/rough penalties,pin aim issues etc) as well as the launch angle incorporation. If I knew that they were not going to include the launch measurement with the GSA courses, I would never have bought the launch or the courses. I feel misled for sure. Unless the p3pro includes launch and cleans up their course playability I would not recommend.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    If they sort out the issues with the GSA courses including the launch then I would recommend it. Otherwise I would say no. The expectation is that they would resolve the many little course issues (chipping, sand/rough penalties,pin aim issues etc) as well as the launch angle incorporation. If I knew that they were not going to include the launch measurement with the GSA courses, I would never have bought the launch or the courses. I feel misled for sure. Unless the p3pro includes launch and cleans up their course playability I would not recommend.
    I've already mention this in other posts but I'll say it here to add to bubba22's comments.

The GW has the same loft as the PW and the LW has the same loft as the SW. Ball flight calculations are probably wrong also. Totally unacceptable.

Bubba22, I'm thinking about calling P3pro tomorrow just to see what they have to say about these problems. My guess is that they're not aware of these problems.

Maybe they are not aware. If you call them then let us know their response.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    The worst problem of all in my opinion with the GSA courses is the fact that trees mean nothing 90% of the time. I just played Carnoustie and whenever I hit the ball in the trees, it just goes through them like nothing ever happened. There is no penalty for a bad shot. It is like playing on a driving range, going up and hitting your next shot, and putting out. Most of the greens are really flat, too. 90% of my putts are dead straight. Courses need a lot of work. Not worth $1,000 in my opinion. If they upgrade or improve them free of charge, I would be the first person to recommend them to others, which could improve sales. I think a lot of people make purchase decisions based on others opinions on this forum. I know I did.

Thread Information