CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

3DD vs GSA graphics

Bubba,

i stl cant get myself to push the button on buying the courses. i know that me and u have the same level of appreciation for the P3ProSwing and Optishot.

can you rate the graphics of 3DD (scale to 10) & do the same for
    P3Pro's GSA courses & P3Pro's Highlands/DDunes. I just need a method to gauge my expectations.

Thanks

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Sure. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

GSA 9/10 Good trees, many options for ball flight, camera angles etc. Statistics for shots.

DD 8/10 trees could be better, less options

Highland/Desert Dunes 4/10 Not even close

I would rate the GSA courses to be better than the dd but that is just my opinion. I don't think it is miles better than the dd but the graphics are slightly better and the options are much more. For instance you can play a course in the am or night with the sunset etc. This may not be important to some but the bottom line is there are more options and the graphics are slightly better. If you are happy with the dd then you will be as happy ore more with the GSA.

Again just my opinion and in no way am I slamming the dd.

dvshx I think you would be very impressed with the GSA courses. I have been playing them for 2-3 months and think the graphics are fantastic. I am sure rdh can reply on this. The integration has been very good and they have really fixed 99% of the bugs. I am still waiting patiently for them to add the launch measurement to the interface . That hopefully will come in an upcoming fix.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I've always been very, very happy with the GSA graphics. Most courses look fantastic. There are a few fantasy ones that are weaker efforts. It's not so much the software engine that determines how good it looks...it more depends on how the course is created by the respective designer. The software has powerful tools for using ground textures when designing, and even "overlays" can be applied to create a very realistic look (brownish spots in dry areas, etc.). When it's done right, it's really impressive.

The bottom line is that it looks great. I don't get time to play my simulator much, but I open up the software every now and then to just hop around on a course for a few minutes and take a look at some of the holes.

Oh...and I forget what options 3DD has, but in GSA Golf you can play with the brightness and contrast to really get things looking good for a projector image.

RDH - I checked out custom play golf, I am really pleased with the graphics of that game. I think I would definitely be content with the GSA courses because you said it is basically Custom Play Golf.

Im also glad to hear that Bubba is still pleased with the GSA course pack for P3 after having it for a few months now so that tells me alot.

I'll go ahead and purchase it today! you all helped alot in making this decision. $ is tight right now because of the new home purchase, but i think it will be worth it.

OK Done. I ordered it! Ill check back on Tuesday.

Exciting stuff dvshx - now the crappy part...waiting for the software to come!

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Personally, I am not overly impressed with CustomPlay courses. I prefer the Optishot look (minus the trees) especially the newer courses. Just my opinion. Now give me Tiger Woods 2010 on a simulator and now we're talking.

I think graphically we're splitting hairs here. Both 3DD and GSA Golf look great. I think the trees in 3DD are weak, but some of the ground textures I've seen in the flyby videos look great (the rock faces at pebble, the feskew at whistling straights, etc.).

As good as they both look, I do look forward to "next generation" software that takes graphics to the next level. I know customplay is looking toward that, although it's a long-term project. I do agree that tiger woods golf looks pretty bloody cool (I haven't played it) and it's why I tried suggesting to them that they should look at opening the software up to allow simulator data to be fed in...I never heard back though. And I don't know if the software is really set up for it...it's not the most realistic golf game out there from what i've heard about scores in the 50s and stuff.

I agree rdh. Both dd and GSA are just fine.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    You can really notice a difference when viewing the two in full HD on a big screen. If you are just using a monitor or TV, then both seem pretty similar

Which one do you find better in HD on the big screen Cory? And if it's GSA Golf, do you think the trees make the difference or is it more than that in your opinion?

One of my wish-list items is to upgrade to an HD projector. Right now my projector is 1024x768 and looks fine...but 50% higher resolution would sure be sweet!

The GSA wins hands down on the high res...

It is more the overall apperance - the Optishot graphics were definitely designed well, but you can notice the difference in HD On the big screen.

Yup, I'm on the hunt for the latest and greatest HD projector to test out at my new home sim... getting excited as the subfloor should be here next week!

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road
    Please post any findings you have about HD projector selection. I think I will be going the tv/monitor route for awhile, but will eventually look at projectors and am debating the 'bright but cheap and lower resolution' vs. 'hd and probably expensive' options.

Will do - I just stumbled upon the new LED projectors with lamp life of 20,000 hours!!! Unfortunately I haven't found anything with enough lumens. I need at least 3000 to play during the day

I would encourage you to go the projector and impact screen route. Visual from this is quite impressive. I agree with you Cory about the GSA vs dd.

What device(s) are you putting in your house Cory?

Also Cory...now that you've been using GSA Golf more, how do you find it compares to GPS Golf? I know GPS Golf has a lot more setup options, but as far as the graphics and general physics/gameplay, how would you rate the two?

Hmmm, I still feel like the GSA is more 'gamey' - there is something about the graphics that just doesn't do it for me as much as the GPS. However, I still really think that the buildings in the GPS are pretty ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this beholder likes both in their own way, but feel more comfortable playing on the GPS - maybe it is their harder edges?

I am still working on getting the home system setup and will be playing on both of them a lot more this winter so I can give some more feedback then

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Lets face it. Every normal human being is going to support whatever graphics they currently own. I just find the graphics with GSA to be too cartoonish to me. I still haven't seen the optimal golf sim graphics yet. It seems like golf course graphics development is 10 years behind the times.

I agree with you psace. With all the hardware and software developments over the past 10 years, I'm surprised golf games/simulations haven't gotten to the point of being near-photo-realistic 3D environments. These packages look really good...but they're still very clearly computer-generated images.

I personally am happy with the dd and the GSA graphics. They both are fine for what iy is. They both are in the same ball park with, as I mentioned some differences that may appeal to some. The E6, in my opinion is in the next class above http://www.trugolf.com/golf_simulato...eo_gallery.php.

I think if you actually played the GSA courses psace you will not find them any more cartoonish than the dd.

Yeah...the E6 demo videos have always impressed me. I'd like to play one of those simulators just to see how good the graphics really are as they look fantastic.

Ditto!

I've gotten the 'priveledge' to play on the E6 -head and shoulders above the rest.

However, I am trying to 'make' time to integrate this new software that I found at the PGA show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8hWnLpXKgk
    http://www.golfgraffix.com/

I love it, but I just can't get the time to help develop it. Customer's first you know

Maybe in January???

Well isn't that interesting...

I'm confused a bit. It says they've partnered with TruGolf so their courses are playable on a TruGolf simulator...do you know the structure there Cory? I find it odd that TruGolf would connect with another software company when they have E6 Golf. The images for this software look comparable to E6 anyway...

Do you have any more details on this as far as pricing or how they're open to integration partnerships? Obviously I'd be interested in seeing if I could integrate the Pro7, given that I integrated it with GSA Golf.

Are all of the graphics in that software actual 3D models? The trees and some of the other scenery look photo-realistic...like the old Links golf where things looked that good, but it was just static 2D imagery and not actually modeled.

My knowledge of the product is very limited right now. However, I know that they do use 2D trees so the flyovers don't give you different angles on them.

Dean from Red Chain is doing their integration. Maybe give GolfGraffix a shout and see if you can work something out with them - with your programming skills, maybe we can work together to creat something!

Thread Information