100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I'm even more confused now...that site has links to download courses for free, where it takes you to a site for courses designed for Links 2003. It looks like this is the links software??

Cory - Does the E6 software have a camera that follows the ball flight? Or is it just a static image that then jumps to a reverse-view of the landing area?

I was in contact with Golfgraffix today to find out more about their software. From what I found out, there's not really a software package to integrate with. They have their own design tool to create courses in the Links 2003 format. Their software is just that - a design tool. They then release courses that can be played on the old Links 2003 software. The fellow there was thinking that integration could be done with Links 2003 to make it work with a simulator...Electric Spin did something along those lines at one point. I told him it's not really a good option...Links 2003 doesn't think in terms of club face angles, ball speeds, etc...it's all just based on the mouse behaviour triggering its swing meter. He was thinking you could take the parameters from a simulator and make it trigger the swing meter in Links 2003 to hit the shot. I said that would be a very rough approximation of a shot...it's just not worth pursuing. My two cents worth anyway.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I think you are 100% right rdh. I wonder if there are any other programs besides Links 2003 they could design for?

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Very strange rdh - from when I was speaking with them, they were telling me it was their own proprietary software. He never once mentioned Links software. Maybe I may have misinterpreted what they told me. I looked at his video again and he did say the build courses... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8hWnLpXKgk

Maybe we can still get this into a software base that can accept all of the club and ball data. I will work on this in early 2011.

They have their own proprietary DESIGN software. They don't use the links course designer...and they believe their designer is superior. The problem is that they use the links engine to generate fly-bys and to "play" their courses. That's why you'll see their courses available as downloads on some online Links sites, and they also say their courses can be played with TruGolf's simulators...they work in the LS3 software (Links engine), but not E6.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hmmm, interesting about TrueGolf... I would still like to find a way to get those graphics into a simulator like the P3Pro or ST1

Thread Information