100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar

Help from the Scotty Experts

So I am thinking about making my first leap into the world of Scotty Cameron. I am looking at what I believe to be an older model, the Cameron Del Mar Two Tel3 Long Slant. I can not even find this model in the Cameron Archives. I have a few questions for you guys. The first is what do you know about this model and how much would you figure it would be worth in gamed condition but with very little rust. Secondly I would be looking for a cameron grip and headcover as this putter does not have a cameron grip and apparently the cover is quite worn. Not looking for anything fancy. What am I looking at there? Anyone have anything? If I like the way it rolls I am going to get it re-finished. Is it worth going the custom shop route or BOS or something else? I know the custom shop comes with the cover and grip so that is why I am asking about price for a used grip and cover. I know this is a bunch of questions but I have always been impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks for the help.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    They have sold for 200-250 or so in the past couple of years. It is a face balanced putter that is best suited for the straight back, straight through putter stroke. If your stroke is gated, then this isn't your putter.

You can pick up a grip for $20 or so. A headcover can be anywhere from $35 to a couple hundred dollars...it depends what you want.

As for restoring, the custom shop is expensive. The resto at sc.com is $195 US plus shipping both ways. BOS is a cheaper option. If you are gaming it, play it as is. Just my .02.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Excuse my ignorance but what is BOS exactly?

"If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Black Oxide Services. It's a company that, among other things, also does putter restorations. They used to do the finishing work for Scotty.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Super...tx much
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Since I have decided to pick this up and it is on its way to me I figure it is fair game to paost the pics he had up. It is not in the archives (that I can see) but there are a few in the registry. Thoughts?
    Attached Images

Lob Wedge RDub is on a distinguished road
    Love the insert, hate the shape of the flange.. reminds me of the circa 62 #7.. but that's just personal preference for me.. it looks like a good gamer putter and a good candidate for a restoration if you want to freshen it up (not much damage, deep knicks in it). If you do decide to send it in, pull the shaft first just to save on shipping costs..

Thanks for all of the help so far. The club is in customs so should be here early next week and I should be able to give her a wirl next weekend.

Scratch Player kilmidyke is on a distinguished road kilmidyke's Avatar
    Nice. Looks to be in very nice shape considering the age and the fact that it has obviously been regularly gamed. The feel off the insert is really nice and soft too.

These are much lighter than the Piretti you were gaming so it may take a bit of getting used to. I would say that based on that, dont plan on paying for a refinish until you are sure you're happy with it. Oh yeah and buy a can of Birchwood Casey Barricade spray and soak the heck out of it before and after play and she should stay in good shape and keep any rust at bay.

Fairway Junkie calleygolf is on a distinguished road
    If you do send it back to Scotty for restoration, part of that fee is for a new shaft (to make it original length if it was ever altered) but you also get the original grip, and original headcover. So, not such a raw deal

Thread Information