CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Irish Hills

barrieboy

Irish Hills

Hi guys,

Can anyone give me any info on Irish Hills? Your thoughts on the course, conditions, etc.

Thanks!

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road

Conditions are quite good

Hey I was out there on Saturday, and the conditons are pretty good. Greens and Fairways are a little soft with all the rain, but it is nice and green, and if you keep it in play its a nice course.

I know it hasn't gotten rave reviews on here in the past, and its probably not in the same class as some of the other courses in the area, but it is always good for a relaxed round.

The fairways are pretty open, especially on the back nine, and there is enough variety in the holes to encourage you hit a couple different ball flights.

Im sure others can give you a little more nuanced opinion.

barrieboy
    Thanks for the feedback!

I have never played it, but have some friends who are considering a membership there for next season. The Intermediate membership (19-29) is only $600! I am not expecting it to be a top notch course in the area but for the price I think I would have to consider it. Going to go out and play it over Thanksgiving.

Timbuktu
    I'd compare it to Manderley if you have every played that. It's not the best course but it's not the worst I've played here(Les Vieux).

Championship Cup leftygolfguy is on a distinguished road

the intermediate meembership is a good deal

yeah,

i got the 20 pass deal which was also $600 this spring. Id agree its about the same as manderley, so golf for a year for 600 is a steal IMHO.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    I would definitly not put it with manderlay. there is variaty at manderlay and even though the conditions arent the greatest all the time it is in my opinion not in the same league.

I went early in the season to irish hills and havent been back while I have been to manderlay multiple times and although pace of play sucks and at times the conditions arent very good I like the layout at manderlay much better

AEberhard
    It's actually in really good shape right now, played this Sunday. I think they have fall rates to, but I don't remember them. The 9 hole course actually has some pretty fun holes down by the river and the 18 is half decent pretty open.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    I played 7 holes at the Irish Hills 9 hole course today with a friend who is an absolute beginner. We were looking for a 9 hole course which would be forgiving but with a bit of variety and a relaxed atmosphere.

This course fit the bill perfectly! The service was warm, welcoming and friendly, the range was fine for a quick 20min warm up and the course, while its not Loch March obviously, was in decent shape and well worth the $15 bucks or so it cost.

I actually had a blast and my newbie friend had a positive, fun first experience...despite the inherent frustration and difficulty that is golf, she will definately be back....so mission accomplished. One of my aims this year is to introduce 3 new people to golf and get them to enjoy it. 1 down...2 to go

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Good story Gooch! I hope your friend gets out again soon.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Putter rygolfs101 is on a distinguished road

Irish Hills

The past 3-4 years Irish Hills has been turning it around by having some of the best conditioned greens in these last couple years. It is a great value especially if you check out the website www.irishhillsgolf.com with daily promotions and a great membership value. They get to no everyone and are a fun bunch their. Give it a try and i just found out they have 2 BRAND NEW SIMULATORS and well i live out towards stittsville and it will keep me busy all winter long.

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    At risk of getting the screens too much attention - I think it only fair to fellow golfers and to Irish hills to share.

If you like sim golf in the winter. There is no better place in Ottawa to enjoy it then Irish hills. From the decent food (not to name names but the other place most go to has cafeteria food) to the brand new HD super wide screens to the lighting. Does it ever make a difference to have some light around you. It does not feel like a dungeon at all. If you are a smoker - I am not but saw others there - the patio is right beside the screen. You can smoke and get back to golf right quick.

Two small items that I would love to see improved. No TV. So cant watch hockey. No draft beer, just bottles. So they seem to get empty too fast.

Do yourself a favor and give a try, especially us west Ottawa folk.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    How many sims do they have?
    I like to call it a power fade

Out of Bounds shortdrive is on a distinguished road
    They have 2 simulators

Thread Information