CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road

WebCam(s) for P3ProSwing

Hello,

What webcams are people using for the video capture? Specifically, I'm looking to do a 2 cam setup. No Launch Monitor package (yet), but if/when I do I guess I would be using 3 cams. Is that possible?

I know Bubba recommended the ps3 eye cam. Is that hard to get working on the PC (Windows 7 64 bit)? Do you know if it is possible to use 2 of them at the same time, or does that cause problems?

Thanks!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I also have the Logitech pro 9000 and the Logitech c510. Both cams work well. HD with 30 fps. Yes you can use multiple ps3eye cams. There are 2 windows drivers available for the ps3eye. One is for single cams and the other is for multiple cams. Bear in mind you can use any video capture device. The limitation is that of 30fps.

The ps3eye webcam is extremily easy to get working. It requires a windows driver that you can get from http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/ The SDK is for multiple cams whereas the first is for single cam only.

Which cams seem to work best for you Bubba?

I would say the ps3eye, pro 900 then the c510 in that order. I also use a digital camcorder as well. You have to play with the gain and exposure to get an optimal image at the 30 fps. Make sure you have good lighting as the more light the better. A workshop light will do the trick. The nice thing with the ps3eye cam is that it is cheap and the driver program allows you to select the 30 fps rate which automatically adjusts the gain and exposure. All you need to then is provide enough light.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Logitech

If you're going to use the Logitech webcams, you'll want to check out http://www.proswingsupport.com/Golf/...raSettings.php for help with the settings..

I have two of the ps3 eye cams coming from ebay for ~20 bucks each. My p3pro was shipped yesterday, along with the grass top and course package. My gaming laptop is ready to go. I have nets enroute, but I do have a tarp that will work until I figure out my exact space situation. BrushTee balls are enroute from Amazon.

I'm planning to start in my garage with the tarp and just use the laptop screen for now. When the nets arrive I'm going to play around with my basement to see if it works, although the ceiling is only 8 foot 9 inches. I have a flatter swing and can swing my driver without hitting anything, but I'm not sure it will work.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do about hitting mats. I currently have a regular hitting mat that I may build up with some of those foam interlocking mats and set it next to the p3pro. Eventually I will build something with a hole to lock it in place, as I know that is what many of you have done (for both the P3 and optishot). I will probably wait on that until I have a better idea of where I am going to use the unit the most--- garage (brr) or basement.

Diggler have you considered ordering a mat from the outlet store? Cheap and great quality. Check it out http://stores.ebay.com/P3ProSwing-Outlet-Store

Bubba- yes, I have looked at that option but with the grass top I would still have to build it up 1/2 inch (I believe).

All you then need is to place the may on top of interlocking mat with a hole cut out from where the sensor mat sits. This puts it at the exact height with the grass top. That is what I have and it works geat. The mats are very good quality and a good price. I originally made my mat but couldn't resist the deal on these mats. Also make sure you set the tee heights in the p3pro softwate to reflect the grass top.

Ya, maybe I will do that. From the looks of their outlet store on ebay, they don't have a full mat with the hole available... but I could put the larget mat with no hole along with the ambi mat.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    You can easily cut out a spot for the sensor pad - the dual mat is the same material and size and the versa mat and it is pretty easy to cut - just an exacto knife, straight edge and measuring tape

Good point Cory.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Also just noticed about the 'build-up' for the grass top. I have clients who have built their own out of plywood or foam, or we also have foam pads cut specifically for that purpose

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    having hard time tracking club positions on mine. is it just me or is it the 30fps thing?

It is due to the low 30fps. For more club position you need more fps. Unfortunately the program is limited to 30fps.

Lob Wedge colinls is on a distinguished road
    cam you get enough light for the video to work and still have the p3pro sensor work?

Colin

Yes you can. More lighting is needed especially for the launch angle feature. More lighting for the video analysis as well is needed. The lighting should not interfere with he sensors if setup well.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Colin... Just be sure the light is not pointing down at the sensor unit. I recommend you have it close to the floor and pointing upward at the golfer. This will assure it does not interfere with the sensor.

Thread Information