100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar

My P3Pro setup - work in progress

Well winters coming, getting more and more rain. I decided to finally start finishing my P3Pro setup in the basement.
    Awhile ago I bought a lot of the stuff (P3Pro during their 50% off promotion), a mat, cordura fabric, a computer and projector, but after playing with it a bit I kind of just let it sit down in the basement and played outside instead. I figured I should really start working on my game while its raining outside and get ready for the winter months.

Still have to put up 2 more layers of cordura, and mount the projector on the ceiling and further back to get a bigger projection.

Here's how it looks so far:

And a crappy quality youtube video of it in action using a spare 6-iron: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhO1EqsKBkk I'm definitely going to be buying a nice video recorder for swing analysis this winter. Low-digit handicap, here I come!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Looks good DenisO. Nice swing. Single digit handicap will come with that setup. Are you going to get the launch option or GSA courses? What are your thoughts on a ball cam for left/right ball direction and horizontal azumuth?

Thanks! Still a work in progress so I'll keep the forum updated. As for the handicap, I got down to 8.9 at my lowest, and I think with the P3Pro and video analysis I'll get down to under 5 next season.

I'll be saving up a bit of money this winter to get the launch option and possibly the grass turf-top, yes. I don't know about the GSA courses as I haven't really looked into it much. It is a lot of money

I have no idea what azumuth is. But I think a ball cam for left/right direction might come into play if I needed incredibly accurate results to fine-tune my game. I think the sensor itself with the launch option will be plenty for me, at least for 1-2 seasons. Is this something the P3Pro guys are thinking about making for the unit?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Looks good DenisO. Nice swing. Single digit handicap will come with that setup. Are you going to get the launch option or GSA courses? What are your thoughts on a ball cam for left/right ball direction and horizontal azumuth?

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Sweet. No more need for Golf-O-Max. Party at Denis' house!
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Azumuth is the horizontal angle. Therefore one cam can measure the launch (vertical azumuth) and the other can measure the direction left or right as well as the horizontal angle left or right. Of course you won't get ball spin but knowing the ball launch and direction will increase the accuracy of the sim. The webcam is just a cheaper method than other ball sensors.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Hey Denis. Nice setup. Like your screen, it looks very familiar

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Nice setup and post Denis - looks like you will be having the X-mas party at your house!

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Very cool room - nice to have that right in the house and not out in the garage! If you back onto other houses, I can imagine the neighbours looking in through those patio doors at night and seeing you hit golf balls inside and wondering what the heck you're doing! Then, once they realize what you have set up, they'll keep an eye for the lights to come on in that room so they can KNOCK on the patio door to join you...

Thanks guys!
    Yea so far I'm happy with it. Unfortunately my ceiling isn't high enough for tall people to be swinging their clubs, so there will be a sign outside my door with a line saying "You must be at most this high to play", and I'll draw the line at about 5"10, lol. Good thing I have more of a one-plane swing so I don't hit the ceiling.

My backyard backs onto some bush and some space, although if the houses across the way use their binoculars they can at least watch

Thanks for the screen psace!

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road
    DenisO

Nice setup! What is your ceiling height?

Thanks! Ceiling is 9 feet tall, and I'm 5'8. I can swing my 3wood so far without too much worry. Driver is getting close though I think. Im going to tape it soon on cam to see how close I really get, which will either put me at ease...or have me constantly thinking 'dont hit the ceiling!!'

Quote Originally Posted by diggler View Post
    DenisO

Nice setup! What is your ceiling height?

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road
    Interesting... my ceiling is about 8 foot 10 inches and it seems like I will be able to swing my driver, although I am using a shorter driver by today's standards (43.5 inches).

I plan to primarly use my garage and setup/tear down the electrical components (and therefore I would probably not go with a projector), but part of me wants to try doing a setup indoors in the basement. I will probably experiment with both a bit before I make any big investments in a projector, etc.

I don't think I will be able to go RDH's route and insulate my garage and install a permanent heater, but maybe with some portable heat to take the chill out it will be enough (if I can't get the basement to work).

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    I put in a contractor's heater so that I could play when it was -35 degrees celcius, but the garage was insulated. It may work for you if you don't have as cold of weather as we do

The heater required a seperate 30 Amp circuit, so for the cable, circuit and heater it only cost me about $200 and it was well worth it!

Thread Information