CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar

Thanks to Golftown

Just wanted to say thanks to the gentleman at golftown who did that little extra to help me out. I broke the shaft on my TM R80 driver and took it in to see what it would cost to replace the shaft. After discussing the options, it was obvious that it would not make scene to spend that much on a club that old. I really did not want to have to start looking at new drivers right now. He dug around and found another old R80 with a cracked face with same shaft as mine. They swapped shafts (and grip) for $15.00 and I'm ready to go again. Service like that is what will bring me back again.

7 Iron albatrossman is on a distinguished road
    Golf Town has definitely earned an excellent reputation for customer support. Glad to hear that their employees are still making the extra effort to keep their customers happy.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up Service vs. Price

I have finally come to the conclusion that price gets you in the door, service brings you back. Whether it is Home Depot's no hassle return policy or RM Golf cancellation policy. I could probably pay less per round somewhere else, but RM/OG have earned my loyalty with their personal service. Glad to hear Golf Town "gets it".

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    I find that strange, I find the customer service is horrible at that golf store.
    Chuck Brown's was and always will have the best service bar none.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break68 View Post
    I find that strange, I find the customer service is horrible at that golf store.
    It is the individual that makes the difference. He went out of his way to satisfy the customer. Any enterprise would love to have such an employee.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Need a Caddy golfinteg is on a distinguished road golfinteg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    It is the individual that makes the difference. He went out of his way to satisfy the customer. Any enterprise would love to have such an employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I have finally come to the conclusion that price gets you in the door, service brings you back. Whether it is Home Depot's no hassle return policy or RM Golf cancellation policy. I could probably pay less per round somewhere else, but RM/OG have earned my loyalty with their personal service. Glad to hear Golf Town "gets it".
    Is it true some former Chuck Brown employees are with Golftown?
    Golf is the Total System Integration of............The Sum of All Parts............

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfinteg View Post
    Is it true some former Chuck Brown employees are with Golftown?
    I know that Ian is at GT-Kanata. Ian used to be the manage of Chuck Brown's Bells Corner...great guy to deal with

Ian and some of the other guys from Chuck Brown's are at Kanata Golftown.

Let me clarify I seem to always get bad service at the Trainyards Golftown.
    I have visited the Kanata Golftown a few times and service is much better there, probably because they have former Chuck Brown staff there.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I've had nothing but great service at GT-Gatineau....spend most of my lunch hours there Francis is the man there

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Have to agree with Kiwi-------sometimes it's just a matter of personality clashes between folks--- but I personally have had excellent service with the folks at GT-----and believe me I'm not an easy person to please Good service deserves praise---bad service deserves to be publicized !!!!!!!!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    We've had several great experiences at the trainyard location, whether if it's returns or exchanges.. Couple of winters ago there was a clearance sales on Lady set. The wife wanted to use her giftcards for them. The store didn't have the sales model. I asked a staff if there will be one sent in or checked another location for us. He mentioned what available is what they have. I was a bit disappointed, then later I asked another staff hoping for a different response. He did one better, he mentioned the set on clearance was a few seasons old and on longer available, but there's a last year set which we can have for the clearance price posted in the ads. Found out he was the general manager there, perhaps we were fortunate he was able to make executive decisions, where the first one couldn't.

7 Iron lovemygolf is on a distinguished road
    I went into GT Trainyards on Saturday morning early to look at the sale on wedges. 2 Cleveland wedges for the price of $150. All they had left was 56 degree lofts. I went up to the sales rep and asked him how I could get the deal since they only had one loft left. He then gave me the same deal on the new Nike wedges and I also trades in my old ones. Total deal cost me $150 taxes in. Could have lost a sale but excellant customer service saved the day. Very happy with the staff there and I have brought a lot over the last couple of years.

Good to hear, maybe I am just a pain the ass to deal with sometimes.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Great service at the Gatineau Golf Town, great advice, the club repair fellow is very knowledgeable and they love to talk golf!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Let me clarify I seem to always get bad service at the Trainyards Golftown.
    I have visited the Kanata Golftown a few times and service is much better there, probably because they have former Chuck Brown staff there.
    On the other hand my TM Fontana CGB's head was loose and would twist just by being in the bag so I would have to adjust it to straighten it before every putt. I was going to wait till the end of the season to have it fixed but knowing I was about to compete the last thing I wanted was for someone to claim I had been agjusting my club, so...

I brought it to Golfttown a couple of days ago and they said it would be ready for pick-up today. I picked it up and brought it home before really looking at it and the angle they adjusted it to was beyond comprehension. When you hold the grip normally the head was at 45 degrees off. Don't know what they were thinking?

I brought it back hopefully for a quick repair as I'm playing tomorrow in the Survivor and they said oh well, hopefully they can get it fixed by 9AM tomorrow

So I was going to buy a new putter as I don't have a back-up but then thought, this is the second time GT has let me down so I'll be buying all my stuff whenever I go to the 'States from now on. I'm using my wife's TM putter tomorrow.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    On the other hand my TM Fontana CGB's head was loose and would twist just by being in the bag so I would have to adjust it to straighten it before every putt. I was going to wait till the end of the season to have it fixed but knowing I was about to compete the last thing I wanted was for someone to claim I had been agjusting my club, so...

I brought it to Golfttown a couple of days ago and they said it would be ready for pick-up today. I picked it up and brought it home before really looking at it and the angle they adjusted it to was beyond comprehension. When you hold the grip normally the head was at 45 degrees off. Don't know what they were thinking?

I brought it back hopefully for a quick repair as I'm playing tomorrow in the Survivor and they said oh well, hopefully they can get it fixed by 9AM tomorrow

So I was going to buy a new putter as I don't have a back-up but then thought, this is the second time GT has let me down so I'll be buying all my stuff whenever I go to the 'States from now on. I'm using my wife's TM putter tomorrow.
    Not familiar with this putter. Does it have a double bend shaft ? If so, that is way beyond club repair 101. If it is a straight shaft, well ....

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Not familiar with this putter. Does it have a double bend shaft ? If so, that is way beyond club repair 101. If it is a straight shaft, well ....
    It is a double bend, but lining it up shouldn't have been a problem. The flat of the grip is 90 degrees from the head. The way it was set up if you hold the grip normally the head was at 45 degrees.

Now I do pull some putts now and again perhaps they were trying to help me out?

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I would think that regardless of the type of shaft in it, if the head is that far off on the alignment, a person that doesn't play golf would be able to see that it wasn't done correctly. I don't want to make assumptions, but it sounds like they just didn't care...sounds like quality work and customer service to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    I would think that regardless of the type of shaft in it, if the head is that far off on the alignment, a person that doesn't play golf would be able to see that it wasn't done correctly. I don't want to make assumptions, but it sounds like they just didn't care...sounds like quality work and customer service to me!!
    In a double bend putter shaft, both the shaft and the grip have to be aligned to the head. With a straight shaft, only the grip has to be aligned. Thus my repair 101 comment. Alinging a double bend shaft takes know how, a lot of practice and few tricks to do it properly. Then you have to install the grip, witch is not as simple as a standard grip install.

Do you have to remove the grip to adjust the head? If not I would think that if the grip was installed correctly the first time then you would just have to adjust the head to be aligned with the grip, or am I over simplifying this? I would think before the head went loose the grip and the shaft would be aligned to the head. If the grip is still on the shaft and doesn't need to be removed then it would be simply aligning the head to the grip. I am not club maker what so ever, I have never even changed a grip before, so I may be extremely oversimplifying this whole process...it just seems logical to me that the head would just need to be aligned to the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    Do you have to remove the grip to adjust the head? If not I would think that if the grip was installed correctly the first time then you would just have to adjust the head to be aligned with the grip, or am I over simplifying this? I would think before the head went loose the grip and the shaft would be aligned to the head. If the grip is still on the shaft and doesn't need to be removed then it would be simply aligning the head to the grip. I am not club maker what so ever, I have never even changed a grip before, so I may be extremely oversimplifying this whole process...it just seems logical to me that the head would just need to be aligned to the grip.

Your logic is genetic. Ya sound just like your old man !

[/B]

Your logic is genetic. Ya sound just like your old man !
    LOL....I don't know how to take that.

OK the grip has never been changed. It is like they didn't care. I live 20 minutes at least out past GT so I haven't picked it up yet so this is a real pain in the *. I three putted every hole today with an old Fairway putter I found in the basement. Hopefully it's ok when I pick it up tomorrow.

After you pick it up, bring to me and I will check it for you.

After you pick it up, bring to me and I will check it for you.
    It was properly fixed the second time. Putted much better Sunday with it.

Thread Information