100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road

P3ProSwing - I am annoyed of the "follow ball" view.

I have been gone for a while from this forum and just returning now. It looks like it grew!

I finally bought a house and in a process of converting the 2 car garage into a simulator room. I have the P3ProSwing, versa mat, launch Angle (no camera yet), video capture, skills comp pack and the 2 original courses... just shopping for projector and impact screen now. The garage layout is perfect because it has a 10 feet wide open wall for the screen.

An annoyance that slowly creeped up on me recently is the "follow ball" view of the p3proswing. The darn thing is too fast and too high and the ball flight is not pleasurable to watch. You loose connection with the course because all you see is the sky. I never had this feeling with 3DD golf. 3DD golf has a much thrilling effect when on follow ball view.

The reason I bring this up is because I am interested in purchasing the new course pack. But if this is how the follow ball view will be, then I may not buy it. I remember seeing a youtube video way back when they were first advertising the courses and the follow ball view is different. There is a trail on the ball and the camera is zoomed out as it follows the ball so you always have an idea on how the ball is traveling in the course. AS the ball approaches the green, the camera changes view and it is so easy to see how far it is from the pin. Like what I said, it is a much thrilling effect on the youtube video.

If anybody has the new courses please advise.

Thanks

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Welcome back dvshx. The new GSA courses have about 10 views to choses from. The original p3pro views I do not mind but I agree that the follow ball view is high. I like the camera still view with the launch feature as it gives a good sense of how high the ball is hit. You will be happy with the GSA camera options as they do give a lot of different camera options to chose from. I am sure RDH will have a comment on this.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    dvshx the other thing you can do with the p3pro software is change your camera ofset setting to far. With that you don't feel like you are right on top of the ball and it gives you a better panoramic view.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    The camera views in GSA Golf are very good. The one that follows the ball flight is very similar to the DD one. They have a couple variations on it that are nice - one that immediately moves to follow the ball, and another that remains stationary for the first few seconds (so you see the ball shooting off) and then it launches into moving to follow the ball. It has a bit of a "slingshot" feel to it.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    And by the way, nice to hear from you dvshx - you used to be on here a lot so it's nice to see you're back. Having some threads specifically oriented to the P3Pro is better for someone like yourself, so hopefully you like the new format.

Good luck finishing the garage setup. It was a lot of work when I did it, but largely because of the work needed on the platform to house my Pro7. And even though it was a lot of work, I have good memories of that project and it was very exciting seeing the end result come together!

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    And by the way, nice to hear from you dvshx - you used to be on here a lot so it's nice to see you're back. Having some threads specifically oriented to the P3Pro is better for someone like yourself, so hopefully you like the new format.

Good luck finishing the garage setup. It was a lot of work when I did it, but largely because of the work needed on the platform to house my Pro7. And even though it was a lot of work, I have good memories of that project and it was very exciting seeing the end result come together!
    I dont think mine will be as nice as yours because I only have a 9 ft ceiling and I habe to keep the garage door opener. I have spent hours and hours planning where to mount the projector. its hard to work around it. i need 10ft of throw to fill up the wall.

Thread Information