100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road

P3Pro GSA Courses Available for Purchase

Just got the following email from my sales rep at p3proswing:

"I wanted to let you know that the new courses in brand-new graphics are now available. 37 real-life courses (including some of the best in the world) and a driving range. The total price: $999.99. Your introductory price is: $899.99 plus shipping. New courses are available to ship next week.
    Please let me know."

Anyone going to order right away? I'm thinking I'll hold off until I get some feedback from some of you guys. Or can those of you who have tested the software now comment on it since it's been released? Also does anyone know what 37 courses they are launching with?

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I was also told by phone that they are offering an online ability to play against friends with these new courses. I too am going to wait a little while. $999 is a lot of money right now.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    That price tag is awesome - especially with that intro price! I know that it doesn't compare to free courses from Optishot, but this is a lot lower of a price than some of the other sims that ave courses for about $100 PER course.

When P3Pro first came out with the courses, they were half real and half fantasy courses, but now it looks like they are including just the real ones, including some of the premium courses. I am not sure which ones they are including and because of their licensing agreement, they are not allowed to advertise the names of the courses.

I am working with my distribution rep on the details now, so I should have more info myself early next week.

I have been one of the beta testers for thepast few months and theyhave really done some great things with it. It is now completely playable and just as accurate as their base courses. I know that there are still a few minor bugs, but a lot less than what Microsoft releases their software with! LOL

Keep your eye on the ball,
    Cory

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    This is great news for you guys. I use the GSA Golf software with my Pro7 and absolutely love it. A software update was released this past week that addressed a couple annoying minor issues (green grid not turning on automatically, sound not always working) and I can now say I'm 100% happy with the software. And new courses come out regularly...I'm not sure how P3Pro will package/distribute those, but there have been some really cool ones (the Coeur D'Alene is fantastic...animated putting boat and everything!).

Glad to hear the software is finally available for you P3Pro guys...

Further to that post...

GGS Systems sells a DVD with the 23 new courses released in 2010 (including the Coeur D'Alene) for $200 (see http://www.golfsimfactory.com/Software.htm). I'd be curious to know if those will work with the P3Pro version of the software. Maybe GGS will only sell that pack to people that bought GSA Golf directly through them...not sure. Maybe something you could look into for the people Cory? (Don't you love me volunteering you to do work!)

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    It is good news for the p3pro users. The GSA courses are very nice. There are still some mior issues but as Cory said they are very playable. How do you find the chipping and putting on the GSA rdh? Do you use the friction setting and if so what do you set it at?

The putting and chipping is really good on the Pro7. I haven't had to play with the friction setting, but remember that I built my own integration program, so when I was building that I hit a lot of time hitting putts and seeing how far they physically went (for short ones anyway) and I tweaked my interface to adjust the ball speed to get it matched up perfectly. Without doing that, the putting distances would have been off.

The chipping is really good, apart from the device launch angle limitation (40 degrees). Up to that loft, chips behave very accurately. For flop shots (over 40 degrees) I implemented logic in my interface to estimate the launch angle based on club and face degrees open, and it works fairly well...but it really is just an estimation.

Very cool. I find the chipping and putting on the GSA good but distance control is difficult. Tweaking like you did is awesome.

One thing I do know is that the green slope in GSA Golf has a significant effect (at least without adjusting the friction scale). You really have to pay attention to whether you're uphill or downhill and adjust your swing speed (be it with an iron when chipping, or with a putter) quite a bit.

Good advice. I will have to pay more attention to that.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    If I ever told people to buy software from another company to bypass P3ProSwing, I would lose my distribution rights

I can't imagine that the courses would work anyways, but if anyone tries it I would love to hear about it.

Good point.

Bubba...maybe something you can try and let the folks know?

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Very strange that P3Proswing doesn't advertise the new courses on their website.

From the number of viewings posted, it looks like there is a lot more interest in DD from the public. You think with all the interest, they would add a few more features like the launch angle. Everytime I mention it, they never reply in the return emails. I am not 100% happy but I still find the package from pr3pro a little high for most folks out there even with the new pricing. There are probably not a lot of people who want to pay $999.00 for the course package. It is cheaper to just pick the ones you want. Before you jump on me, that is just my opinion.

Yep...the software for these devices (apart from the DD) is not cheap. Even if $999 is cheap relative to the pricing for Full Swing or AboutGolf systems, it's a good chunk of money. Not to be sexist, but most men's wives would shoot them for spending $1000 on golf courses for a simulator!

I tried to contact EA (and posted on a couple online forums) a while back suggesting they should look at expanding Tiger Woods golf to accept inputs for face angle, speed, etc. from these devices as it would be a great lower-cost alternative. After thinking about it though, that software probably just isn't set up well for it. Something like the new John Daly ProStroke Golf that is coming out may be a much better candidate...since even when using a controller things are already set up in terms of clubface open/closed, etc. Hopefully someday there will be more software options available, but for now $999 for that many courses is about as good as you can do (again, apart from DD).

I agree. The cost of the GSA courses are not cheap. That is why the dd pricepoint is very good. The GSA courses do include premium courses like Augusta, Pebble Beach etc. so can be comparable to the dd premium course costs but not to the free dd courses. P3pro should consider different course packs for people that do not want to spend a grand on golf courses. Different course options like Tiger Woods or John Daly would be welcomed.

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road
    Do we have a definitive list of the GSA courses for the P3Pro? (I know they aren't licensed, so even if someone wants to share a definitivie list of what courses the P3Pro's GSA pack "remind them of", that
    works too).

I'm debating between the P3Pro and DD and this will be a component of that decision.

Thanks!

You should call p3pro to find out exactly what courses are included. I have all the good ones pebble Beach, Augusta, Oakmont, Medinah, Firestone, Muirfield Village, Carnoustie, St Andrews, Celtic Manor, Doral etc. The GSA site gives a good list http://www.golfsimulatorsofamerica.com/Software.htm. The dd courses are quite good as well and they are really growing their library. They have core coures that are free and premium courses that cost $50 per course. http://www.dancindogg.com/whatisopti...ection=courses

The one thing I will say about the p3pro and GSA courses is that they are still working to get little bugs out of the software. Not to deter anyone from buying it but the programmers are still working on some minor ball issues, really the chipping and putting. I was involved in a beta testing which really was helpful to get the ballflight ready and the courses are certainly playable. They still have to fix some minor issues including the launch angle addition which I have been pushing to get the programmers to do.

I emailed p3pro and they wouldn't specify which courses were included. "A lot of famous ones we can't name, including courses in Georgia and the California coast". So, that means Augusta and Pebble, but it isn't very helpful.

I've seen GSA's site, but it isn't clear which are included in p3pro.

Bubba- you are saying the launch angle addon isn't incorporated into the simulator aspect of the p3pro yet?

The launch angle feature is incorporated for the original p3pro software as well as the 2 p3pro courses. It works absolutely fantastic with that. It is not working as of yet with the GSA courses. As you know they have been trying to get these courses going well. They have assured me that the launch angle input will be coming with a new release. The data apperently is being incorporated by the p3pro unit but there is an issue in the input to the GSA interface. I personally will not be happy if that doesn't happen and really was hoping they get the launch feature fixed before releasing the GSA software. I really like seeing the launch change with my swing and as I said it works really well with the original p3pro program so I can't imagine it will be a problem for them to get it going with the GSA courses. The GSA courses are all the ones I mentioned and more. From a course perspective I think everyone will be happy.

Thanks for the info bubba. I have read every post in this section of the forum over the last week and your posts have been most informative! (Same goes for the others that have provided valuable insights on this subject).

(Off topic) I am struggling to decide between the OptiShot and P3Pro... and possibly one or two others. I do feel like I understand the differences in features thanks to the great information in this forum, and it just will come down to a cost/price vs. feature decision. I feel the pull of the DD/OptiShot due to the $350 pricepoint (retail less some discount coupons), plus $200 for the 4 feature courses if I go that route.

If I went P3Pro I'd be looking at $2.5k plus with the grass mat (must have) and course pack and probably launch monitor + additional hardware (cameras x 2). At this point I'm just looking to do a monitor/net based system, so I'm thinking of stepping in at the base DD level and potentially upgrading down the line if I want to expand to a fuller and more realistic experience with a projector, more fixed setup.

I'm taking lessons and am working on fixing a hook caused by an inside out swing (11 degrees inside out swing with an open face causing pushes and hooks when I can't control it, and a nice draw when I can). I think the DD would provide *some* feedback on the path/face to keep an eye on that over the winter as I continue lessons.

So, $550 vs. $2500. $550 seems to provide an enjoyable experience, escape from the winter, and premium courses with "decent" feedback on swing path and face angle. $2500 for somewhat more enjoyable experience (knock downs, flops, etc, in game), more courses, better long term development (maybe?) and more accurate feedback on path, face angle and launch. Plus more expandability down the line if I want to go that route eventually (add a vector LM, etc).

Back on topic- thanks again for the info on the courses!

You summed it up perfect Diggler. Only you can decide as it really depends on what you can afford as well as what you are looking for. I think the dd is a good rim and probably would say that the majority of people will be happy stopping there. The key difference with the dd vs the p3pro is the launch angle feature as well as video capture built in to the program. If you think these features are what you want to help study your swing and practice then the p3pro is probably a better option but again will cost more. For pure simulation and club feedback then either sim will be good. For down right fun, the dd is perfect. I still use my dd and have a blast with it. The p3pro allows me to visualise my swing and gives launch data.

My advice would be to start with the dd and get setup. Once you play and practice with it if it satisfies your needs then do not go any further. If you want more then your options are p3pro, st1, pro7, GC2, GSA etc. Each of which have different features of club and ball data for accurate simulation. Obviously the sky is the limit if money is no object. There are some people that want data such as spin and spin axis. Unfortunately you are not going to get that unless you want to spend a lot more dough. For me direct spin measurement is less important. I am happy with spin estimation based on club face angle and path. Both dd and p3pro do that well. Everybody who reads this post will know that ball launch is important for me. Launch angle will not be important for everyone. Each individual has to decide what is important.

Almost forgot, you should call Cory at par2pro. I think there is a toll free number. He is very informative and knowlegable on the different sims. He is a great guy to get good, non biased info on what is out there.

I just updated the latest version of the P3pro GSa courses and really like the latest update. The courses are all great and includes all the good ones. RDH your right Coure delaine is awesome. They really have made good improvements inwith the chipping, putting etc. Now I am lobbying to have the launch angle measurement recognised by the GSA as well as a ball cam for direction.

Very cool bubba. Sounds like P3Pro is getting there...once the launch angle comes it really will be a fantastic simulation for you.

I'm waiting for some courses to come this week that I didn't get previously...Sunningdale, BroBalsta, Belfry Brabazon, St. Andrews Jubilee course. I'm looking forward to BroBalsta and the belfry...they look great. Then again, I haven't had time to touch my simulator all month even with the cooler weather (work is a nightmare right now) so hopefully I can change that soon too!

I have all those courses with the latest updates. Belfry is an awesome course. St. Andrews is also well done.

Do you know if P3Pro is charging for those extra courses Bubba? Or are they just going to include them so the $999 package has more than 37 courses now?

And are you just taking a look at a few holes on each course bubba, or have you actually played these all??? If you've played them, then I'm jealous of the time you're able to find to use your simulator! I'll be lucky to play 5 or 6 of them by Christmas at the rate I'm going.

My understanding is that the 37 courses do not include the fantasy courses, just the real ones. I have close to 60 including the fantasy courses.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    To All, it's $799 if you are already @ 4.1. For everyone else, it is $1K.

Thread Information