100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge starbuck is on a distinguished road

Mickelson a callaway boy

I read this morning mick will be putting an ERC prototype driver , 3 wood and a prototype hx tour in play at the Bell. I guess the silly season has started for him... how long do you think he's been prototyping them, I play a K and there is no way and erc feels similar prototype or otherwise, mind you he could probably use a pipe and still hit it 3..

thoughts?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The 983K that you play and the one that Phil plays are COMPLETELY different animals.

You can be sure that Callaway has made a driver to Phil's specs and that they will continue to tweak it until he is happy with it.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck
    I read this morning mick will be putting an ERC prototype driver , 3 wood and a prototype hx tour in play at the Bell. I guess the silly season has started for him... how long do you think he's been prototyping them, I play a K and there is no way and erc feels similar prototype or otherwise, mind you he could probably use a pipe and still hit it 3..

thoughts?
    Callaway is as competent and advanced as Titleist. I prefer Callaway clubs then Titleist. It is a question of taste now days. All the companies are so advanced that they can build a driver for anybody.

Don’t worry about Phil. He’ll do good with Callaway.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

“It’s been a lot of fun and a very exciting time for me here at Callaway,” said Mickelson, who missed his limousine and drove up to Concorde himself after playing in the Bell Canadian Open’s Presidents Day at Hamilton G&CC Tuesday.

“We have some very exciting new products which I’ve put in my bag pretty quickly. The golf ball we’ve got coming out has a little softer cover and I can’t believe the difference. As for the Fusion prototype driver, I’ve never driven it this long or this straight so I’ve got to tell you if the other clubs we work on with Roger are as good as this driver, three-wood, four-wood combination it’s going to be very exciting.”

Gap Wedge starbuck is on a distinguished road

Yes Callaway makes a fine product

Yes Callaway makes a fine product and yes Phil's K is nothing like mine, but a titleist full titanium head sounds and feels nothing like a comp, crown cally. Gear it up with the same launch angle, spin etc... it's still different and when the guy is having the best year of his career in scoring average etc... I figured he would make the switch a little later. When tiger made his jump it was a drawn out process, phil not so much... let's be honest it comes down to money, I wish him the best...

I'm sure it's not long before we see the x-18 PM irons on the shelf?

I disagree. I think it’s a feel thing. Granted that Titleist is a great company but I would buy a Callaway driver before a K. I don’t like the K’s. I prefer Ping, TM and Callaway.

I have tested a lot of irons before buying and I really disliked Titleist. I chose Hogan’s Apex Pro and a Ping driver.

I am not saying that Titleist is not good. I am just saying that Titleist is not for everybody.

Anika has been playing Callaway for a long time.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Historically, Callaway has not made an which is similar to those with which Phil has been playing. Mickelson has played blades for a long time. Switching to something else could be fatal to his game. He would not want to imperile his game that way. My guess is that Callaway will announce a new blade that will suit Phil's game. If not then the old Phil who loved to work the ball around, high and low, left and right, will disappear.

I think Callaway needed to reinvent themselves and I think Phil is the key to there future success.

Callaway was signing young guns like Tryon, Howell III and Barnes hoping to do the same thing Nike did with Woods. Unfortunately, Howell is the only rising star before Phil’s signing.

Next year, Callaway will come out with lost of new stuff thanks to Phil.

Thread Information