100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Custom doubts

Hybrid View

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent
    True, but the nature of the fitting is much less than what you can get from a custom maker.

Last time I checked, you could get different lie angles pretty easily but I'm not sure about lengths.

I've never seen a big name offer different swingweights either. They also usually only offer a couple of different shaft options.
    I won't get involved with the difference between components and OTS products nor will I get involved in the MOI vs swingweight debate because it has been discussed as nauseam in other threads and I'm not an expert in the matter. I must say though that you can get your clubs fully customized through static and dynamic fittings. When I ordered my Ping irons, I chose the lie angle (many available), loft angle (chose a stronger loft), shaft length (from 1.5" shorter to 1.5" longer), grip size, shaft flex and type/brand and swingweight. I could even get the bounce adjusted to my liking. To me, those are MANY options. So, pick your budget, go out and happy hunting...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

7 Iron laxgolf is on a distinguished road

Andru's absolutely correct

I bought a custom fit set of Mizuno's at Golftown this past summer and it didn't cost me more than the sticker price. All OEM's now provide the custom option. Since I bought the forged MP30's, the adjustments were done on site. Cast clubs have to be ordered to the specific fit or the warranty is voided. The pro doing my fitting was a certified Ping fitter. He took my specs from the Ping fitting and appied them to my Mizuno's. All I needed was to bump the lie up 1.5 degrees. Just remember that if you have a forged set of irons custom fit (adjusted), you'll have to have your specs chacked and likely adjusted once or twice in the next year. You should have them checked anually anyways.

Thread Information