CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge lazybum is on a distinguished road

older generation 1 p3proswings

anyone know much about those units? It looks like the company has put up in their eBay store some refurbished Claret units from when they made the sensor with a serial connection instead of a USB connection.

I'm curious if there's any difference between those units and the current ones other than the different connection. It looks like they come with 4.0 software, but you can get the 4.1 software upgrade from their site.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Lazy,

The serial units came with up to the 3.4 software and you had to manually trigger the putting mode (a real pain in the you know what). To trigger it you would have to swing your club diagonally across the back few sensors. After a beverage or two it becomes more difficult

Even with the 4.1 upgrade you still have to manually trigger the putting mode, so if it doesn't bother you then it may be a good option.

I have a version 4.0 left that I am clearing out. If you want it, just send me an email at cory@par2pro.com.

Keep your eye on the ball,
    Cory

here's how they answered my question to them:

"Internally these have an entirely different circuit board. But functionally, the only diffence is that these sensors need to be manually put into putting mode by waving your putter over the club at a specific angle (which is described in the User Manual). Other then that - they act exactly the same. All our sensors work with all our software, so there is no differences in what the sensor records."

I can definitely see how that would get annoying. Right now I'm basically just waiting for their next big sale, but the price on the refurbished units isn't half bad for a Claret model.

Also make sure which version of the software it is.

The version 4.1 now includes the Desert Dunes course and the Video Capture software which is valued at over $700.

So that is why I would like to clear out my v4.0 model - you just don't get the same software.

As far as the difference between 3.4 and 4.0, there were some cool new features in 4.0 like waether factors and green grid that were not on 3.4.

I didn't realize that about the video capture software now just being included. Do you know if that gets included if you buy the 4.1 software upgrade disc from them?

Their site is kinda unclear on it. They have a link to "Upgrade your older version software to Version 4.1 in order to run Launch Angle software, Desert Dunes 18-Hole course, and Entertainment Options." but then the page it takes you to is just for the 4.0 software. It says "to run Launch Angle software" but doesn't say anything about it being included (I wouldn't think it would be, anyway) and doesn't mention the video capture software at all.

Yes it will be included in the 4.1 upgrade - yes the website is a little outdated. You can just call them directly at 1-877-P3PRO-GO for the upgrades.

P3Pro does not allow their distributors sell the upgrades, so you will have to go through them anyways.

Cheers,
    Cory

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have version 4.1 with the video capture. It is very nice. Well worth it. Launch angle measurement is a must in my mind.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

The Refurbished units are coming with version 4.0 of the software and the necessary Serial-to-USB adapter (in case you don't have a serial port on your computer).

Things you'll miss with 4.0 instead of 4.1:
    Desert Dunes course is not included
    Video Capture does not come with 4.0
    Does not split out club head speed between entrance & exit speed.

Upgrading the software will get you all those, if you choose to do so.

You should also note that the new Clarets just went on sale today and is coming with the Skills Competition Pack for $999.99. The Skills Competition pack was selling for $529.99 by it self.

Just things to consider ;-)

Wow - is the skills pack a limited time offer? I am trying to get more info from my rep, but it seems that you may have the jump on the info.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Believe it or not Cory... I haven't gotten any more details then what is on the website on that one. I missed the meeting we had Tuesday because I was at the doctors... I'll check today and send you an email.

That is a wonderful deal. Too bad I already purchased one.

Yeah, they put the new prices with the skills software included up on their site on Tuesday, I believe.

I've been debating it, but I really don't have a ton of use for the skills package. While it's obviously a good value there, it sounds like the new price for the Clarett will be the current deal, probably just without the skills package included. New sale prices should be lower at some point, or maybe there will be a pack in deal later that I'll want more (like some deal with a discount on launch angle stuff).

I am excited that they seem to be changing the pricing model and the Clarett will become the new standard at a nice price.

I think it is a great deal for the Claret. Call them about the launch feature pricing as well.

Thread Information