100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron MikeL is on a distinguished road MikeL's Avatar

Hockey in Ottawa

I've been living in Ottawa for a year now, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to play some hockey this winter. I haven't played hockey for the past 5 years, and I miss it a lot. I'm in my mid 20s, and looking to join a team/league that's not too competitive. I live in the central east part of Ottawa, so the closer, the better. I would prefer to play with the same team, rather than pick up hockey, if possible.
    It might be too early to ask, but there's some nice equipment sales going on at the moment, and I wouldn't want to buy some equipment and not get to use it. If you know of a team/league I could possibly join, please let me know.

Thanks.

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    I am taking this winter off from my normal team, they are in the OSMHL, western Conference (so they would be playing 95% of their games at Sensplex). LMK if you want me to check and see if they need someone ... note that it is a low div, for fun team.

Also, regarding OSMHL, you can sign up as a single and be placed on a team. + they have an eastern conference which would probably be more to your liking.

www.osmhl.com

Another popular league is the Sensplex league, but no idea if you could get a spot ... they have a waiting list for teams for sure. Also, it is a west end league, so osmhl is probably one of your best bets. You;d be looking at 350-450$ depending on # of players & jersey/socks costs.
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Thanks for the great information. I checked their website, and it seems as if the player registrations are full . I think I could only register as a spare player at this point. As for possibly replacing you in the Western division, I don't think that would work out that great for me, east would be better, but thanks anyways!

If anyone else has information, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Mike

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    I used to love playing pickup at Jim Durell arena on Walkley, Tues and Fridays 7:30am to 8:50am, only $5 for almost two hours of ice time. The guys there are older than Gordie Howe, but they still kick my butt.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

That sounds like a good deal, however, I work Mon-Fri 7:30-4:30. Thanks for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    I used to love playing pickup at Jim Durell arena on Walkley, Tues and Fridays 7:30am to 8:50am, only $5 for almost two hours of ice time. The guys there are older than Gordie Howe, but they still kick my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    That sounds like a good deal, however, I work Mon-Fri 7:30-4:30. Thanks for the information!
    one of my coworkers has been asking me to join his hockey league at OttawaU. Mondays at 10pm i think. it's non competitive. if you're interested, i'll get more info.

If you don't mind getting more info... sure, I might be interested. He could also email me (mike.leb19@gmail.com) or if you give me his email address, I could send him a message.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nokids View Post
    one of my coworkers has been asking me to join his hockey league at OttawaU. Mondays at 10pm i think. it's non competitive. if you're interested, i'll get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    If you don't mind getting more info... sure, I might be interested. He could also email me (mike.leb19@gmail.com) or if you give me his email address, I could send him a message.

Thanks!
    pm'd

Thread Information