100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

A Big Thanks To gbower!!

Although we sometimes have differing views on the rules, I do have to give a big thanks to Gerry for helping me with what could have been a difficult scenario today.

Thanks so much Gerry, I really appreciate it.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    You should explain the scenario and what the outcome was

Way to difficult to do without good knowledge of my course and to try and put into writing.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Way to difficult to do without good knowledge of my course and to try and put into writing.
    Did it have anything to do with a backhoe?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Nope, that probably would have been easier to rule on.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Gerry helped my friend and I settle another ruling.

My friend (Jim) had missed a putt that rolled three feet down a slope away from the hole. My wife had a short 3.5 foot putt left (was the only other ball left on the green) so Jim didn't mark his ball. My wife totally shanked her putt and hit Jim's ball.

We thought Jim was to get a 2-stroke penalty but after talking to Gerry he told us that my wife should have gotten the penalty. (But that Jim may be an jerk for not marking his bloody ball.)

I loved the ruling as it allowed me to say that both of them input an incorrect scorecard and therfore are DQ'd allowing me to have the second best score of the day for once.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Gerry helped my friend and I settle another ruling.

My friend (Jim) had missed a putt that rolled three feet down a slope away from the hole. My wife had a short 3.5 foot putt left (was the only other ball left on the green) so Jim didn't mark his ball. My wife totally shanked her putt and hit Jim's ball.

We thought Jim was to get a 2-stroke penalty but after talking to Gerry he told us that my wife should have gotten the penalty. (But that Jim may be an jerk for not marking his bloody ball.)

I loved the ruling as it allowed me to say that both of them input an incorrect scorecard and therefore are DQ'd allowing me to have the second best score of the day for once.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jim would not be DQ'd:

d. Wrong Score for Hole
    The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified. If he returns a score for any hole higher than actually taken, the score as returned stands.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jim would not be DQ'd:

d. Wrong Score for Hole
    The competitor is responsible for the correctness of the score recorded for each hole on his score card. If he returns a score for any hole lower than actually taken, he is disqualified. If he returns a score for any hole higher than actually taken, the score as returned stands.
    So I still beat my wife and didn't come in last for once. I may not remember to tell Jim this ruling.

Thread Information