CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: P3pro users?

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    I had my swing speed measured when I bought my driver at Dick's a year ago. They had it consistently in the 105-110. I suppose it could have been wrong and the P3Pro could be right, but my 90mph swing speed corresponds to a 230 yard drive, or a 135 yard 8-iron. Those distances are at least 10% less than my actual distances. So, with the 10% adjustment and foam balls, I am close to real life distances. I am okay with this.

On a side note, I am curious if any P3Pro user has consistent swing speeds over 100mph. I am wondering if the P3Pro even allows this because when I swing as hard as I can, still can't get above 95mph.

My setup is coming along. I just put together interlocking mats and stacked them up. Also, cut an opening in it to lock in the unit. Seems to work well, but the mats are sliding all over, so I am going to try and velcro it down. The swing speeds have not changed, even though I am now level with the unit. Impact screen and projector are still en route.

I hit a bunch of balls last night and got a bunch of "off the toe of the club" readings, even though it felt like the center of the club. I could be wrong though, and might try taping the face of the club as a test to make sure it is in line with the P3Pro's readings.

Bubba, what does the friction meter mean? I set it at 1.7 per your recommendation. If I move it down to 1.0, does this mean the greens will be faster? Also, what do you mean by keeping the integration window on at all times? I find my delay is about 1-2 seconds from the time I hit the ball to a result on the screen. If I enable swing statistics, the delay increases to 4-5 seconds. I find these times to be reasonable.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    My understanding is that the friction meter will adjust the roll on the greens. I do think the lower the quicker the greens as you say. Play around with it for the chipping and putting but 1.7 seems good for me. Try enabling swing stats but keep the window on all the time. That gives the fastest response time.

rdh is there a friction meter with your GSA course? What do you set it at?

I just played around with my short game for a couple hours. I found it most accurate to set the course settings as "dry." Also, I tried adjusting the friction roll meter up and down and swing at the same speed and noticed no difference at all going up or down. So, I left it at 1.7 since it doesn't seem to matter. If somebody finds me to be wrong, please let me know. I find short putts to be close to realistic, but long putts to be brutally hard. 2 putting from 40 feet plus seems nearly impossible from any green.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I have that setting but I've never played around with it. For putting, I simply took what the software did and modified my interface program to adjust it so that putts struck with a certain strength would go how far you'd expect them to. Overall I find it very fair, but long putts are definitely very difficult. If it was a completely flat long putt it might not be too bad, but slopes affect the ball speed so much that it is very challenging. For the most part I can 2-putt from where I'd expect to, and I often three putt from very far away...but in my case I do that on the real course too!

Thanks rdh. I find the putting a challenge on all sims. It often is difficult to read the putts. Be aware of the uphill putts on the sim. I totally agree that long putts are the most challenging.

Bruce I had a chance to practice on the About simulator today. My clubhead speed with my usual drive was in the 90-100 range. When I really let go I did get it up in the 110-115 range but that is not my usual swing. With the p3pro I am in the 90 range and if I really swing then above 100. I would agree with you that the swing speed may be slightly lower on the p3pro compared to the About machine I used today. I still think one has to adjust the distance (hence the 10% adjustment option) due to the fact that the ball is not measured and therefore there is no way to measure the smash factor, launch etc which will truly depend on not just the swing but the equipment.

Thanks Bubba, I appreciate the feedback, and I do agree with you. So far, I really enjoy the P3Pro, but wish the distance was a bit more realistic. They advertise as 99% accurate in their distance measurements, but I find it to be 90% accurate. Like I said, the 10% distance adjustment seems to put me where I hit the ball in real life. Not a huge deal for me though, since the adjustment is an option.

By the way, I noticed (per your recommendation) that the delay between when I hit the ball and when the image shows did decrease by leaving the swing interface on all the time. Good advice. The delay is about 2-3 seconds, which is fine with me. I think it would be even quicker if I had a better computer.

My delay is less than a second since I upgraded my computer. My old computer had a 256 video card. My new computer is an i5 with 6 ram and a 1 gig ati video card and it is very quick. I think the adjustment of 10 percent on the distances is probably more realistic for me as well. I also have the Optishot and when it registers with the driver, my swing speed is about the same. The problem with the dd is that I get some really wacky results with the driver while the p3pro is very consistent. I do think that the 10 percent adjustment is needed however.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

Delayed response

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Balog View Post

By the way, I noticed (per your recommendation) that the delay between when I hit the ball and when the image shows did decrease by leaving the swing interface on all the time. Good advice. The delay is about 2-3 seconds, which is fine with me. I think it would be even quicker if I had a better computer.
    What type of computer do you have? I'm really considering upgrading to the P3pro and the new courses but a 2-3 second delay after each shot would be a huge drawback to me. I currently have Geforce 9200 series 256 dedicated memory that is integrated and I also have a Geforce 9400 GT that has 1G of dedicted memory that I have not installed because it's not needed to run the DD.

The dd has a quicker response for sure however the delay in the p3pro is 1 second. You do need a better processor and video card, I would recommend the 1 gig card not the 256 card. Also make sure there are no other programs running in the background.

I can't, for the life of me, tell what kind of video card I have. I have a laptop, and have searched for the details, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out. I imagine my video card isn't very good though. I have to set my in game graphics at low detail, no shadows, otherwise it is very choppy. I have 4 GB of RAM, plenty of hard drive space, and a 2.1GHz processor. I have thought about upgrading the video card (if that is even possible on laptops). I'm not sure how much that would cost, but the 1 gig card that Bubba bought has me intrigued. I'm not 100% convinced that would make things completely better though, since my processor speed barely meets the minimium requirement. Might as well buy a new computer if I'm going to upgrade the processor, and that is not in the budget. I am fine dealing with a 2 second delay and minium graphics on the courses. Hopefully it still shows up okay once my image is projected.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    You generally can't upgrade graphics cards in laptops as the video chips are integrated right onto the main board. I had a decent laptop when I first got my system set up...but then I found out it had a very weak video card and I had trouble with the software. I was frustrated since I thought I'd bought a solid laptop...but I never paid attention to the video card when I bought it (I didn't play video games or anything so it was of no concern at the time). I ended up having to get a suitable computer to dedicate to the simulator.

Ya bin there done that. My laptop had a 256 video card which I found a bit choppy with the P3pro GSA courses. It worked fine with the Optishot. I upgraded to a desktop with a much better processor and video card and it works just fine. The details are better, it is not at all choppy and it respons quicker. In general you can't as rdh said upgrade the laptop video card.

Bruce the other thing that may give a delay is the video and launch angle windows on the original p3pro program. Just make sure they are disabled or turned off on the original p3pro program.

rdh, I thought I read somewhere that you cannot upgrade graphics cards in laptops, so thanks for confirming this. I

Bubba, thanks for the tip. I checked, and both options were already turned off.

One more thing about the delay, TVANS, is that the response time is less than one second when I am not playing the GSA courses. It is only when I play the courses that the time is 2-3 seconds. It really isn't a big deal though, and would be a lot quicker if my computer was better.

The delay on both the p3pro courses/driving range and the GSA virtual courses is 1 second with a good computer/graphics card. You defenitely need a decent computer and a good graphics card. When the launch monitor is enabled and working it adds a second to the calculation but even that delay is nothing. The launch add on is truly a fantastic once it is setup. The setup is not at all hard and at least getting the launch numbers and variable heights shown on the sim is worth it for sure. Hopefully it will be enabled in the GSA side. Curious to know how there upgrade is coming.

Lob Wedge colinls is on a distinguished road

swing speed

I just found this thread and am having similar problems as Bruce. I just bought the device and my usual swing speed with a driver is 95-105mph. This has been measured many times with Trackman as the driving range I go to has a bunch I hit from. My distance is 240-275 outside. I am 180 to 200 on p3pro. Dicks also was consistant with my real swing speed when I hit off their mat. I haven't been able to get over 85 with my driver and its down to 65mph with 7 iron. I know I can adjust the ball 10% but this just seems inaccurate so I am wondering if the sensors are bad.

I am also getting all misses to the right sometimes wayyy right, in real life 80% of my misses are left with some pushed shots to the right. With this I am slicing a lot esp with driver. It is taped but a bit of silver is still showing off the heal of the club. R7 460.
    I hit in the garage off a mat and I turned the lights down so far I could barely see the mat and no differance. the accuracy meter is about 90%. I tried it indoor by my big screen with no ball and though the accuracy meter was still high I was getting weird open clubface and weird swing speed deviations so I assume it was glare from the TV.
    I am also getting heal shots when I try to just hit off the toe, I havn't cleaned the screen but it did this new out of the box. (grass tee).

Any advice? I want this to work, but I don't want to change my swing to hit straight on the p3pro then go out and hook everything. Also how much light is OK, how do you add video if its so dark? I did get the extra courses and they are great and work fine off my dual core laptop. I don't have a projector or screen yet, waiting to see if this is what I want.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    For DD, I have to adjust both club type and distance to match it to real life. I had all sorts of weird lighting but didnt have any issue. Also, make sure the sensor is aligned properly & tape your driver & woods. It should work pretty well.

Rememer, THE BALL FLIGHT IS JUST CALCULATED.

Go through the usual checks lighting, alignment (really make sure the sensor pad and mat/screen are ligned up and secure), wood taping etc. Have someone else hit on your setup. Do adjust it the 10 percent as dvshx said it only estimates the ball. Also reload your software peogram and clean your sensors. Cleaning and club taping is on the p3pro website. If still a problem then give the tech support at p3pro a call.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    For DD, I have to adjust both club type and distance to match it to real life. I had all sorts of weird lighting but didnt have any issue. Also, make sure the sensor is aligned properly & tape your driver & woods. It should work pretty well.

Rememer, THE BALL FLIGHT IS JUST CALCULATED.
    My bad, I was referring to DD. For the P3Pro I just set iron distance to 1.06. It's within 97% accuracy w the local vector pro for me. heck even the calculated ball flight is prettt accurate. my handicap is 18 and I cant live withou this. hit 13 fairways on yestderday's round and I was 3 strokes away from breaking 90s. the improvement for me is massive.

Keep it going dvshx. I play to a 4 handicap and I think the p3pro has helped me maintain things but not to improve. The biggest issues we have as amateurs is alignment, distance control/club selection and short game. I think thep3pro has helped my swing and I am more alert in squaring to the ball but you still have to pay great attention to the alignment to the pin in real golf because in the sim you pick the alignment on the software. My club path has changed to a draw with the sim as well. I do question how much the sims improve your short game. I just came back from golfing in Pheonix and shot my usual scores with good ball striking but simple mistakes in putting etc. All in all the sims are very fun though.
    Last edited by bubba22; 11-07-2010 at 11:48 PM.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Colinls: Go to http://www.proswingsupport.com and read the Erroneous reading post and click on the link in that post.

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road
    My distances and speeds were way down when I got my unit about 2 weeks ago. As I am becoming more comfortable hitting off it I find my distances are getting a lot closer to what I hit (but still a little under) I see driver entry speed of 85-90 and 7 iron in the 70's. According to my projector I have spent about 20 hours on it so far. I think I tend to swing a little more conservatively in my garage. I find my ball flight direction is pretty close to the fade that I actually play and hopefully I will be able to play a draw by spring, without hooking it. I find short chips and long putts are the most frustrating.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    The short game is pretty tough to work on with all simulators, but at least with the P3Pro you can see what your club is doing.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Sorry it's been a while, I am still on the injured list, but hope to get back typing normally next week. If anyone has questions, be sure to call me at 1-877-417-2161.

Lob Wedge kevivoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by colinls View Post
    I just found this thread and am having similar problems as Bruce. I just bought the device and my usual swing speed with a driver is 95-105mph. This has been measured many times with Trackman as the driving range I go to has a bunch I hit from. My distance is 240-275 outside. I am 180 to 200 on p3pro. Dicks also was consistant with my real swing speed when I hit off their mat. I haven't been able to get over 85 with my driver and its down to 65mph with 7 iron. I know I can adjust the ball 10% but this just seems inaccurate so I am wondering if the sensors are bad.

I am also getting all misses to the right sometimes wayyy right, in real life 80% of my misses are left with some pushed shots to the right. With this I am slicing a lot esp with driver. It is taped but a bit of silver is still showing off the heal of the club. R7 460.
    I hit in the garage off a mat and I turned the lights down so far I could barely see the mat and no differance. the accuracy meter is about 90%. I tried it indoor by my big screen with no ball and though the accuracy meter was still high I was getting weird open clubface and weird swing speed deviations so I assume it was glare from the TV.
    I am also getting heal shots when I try to just hit off the toe, I havn't cleaned the screen but it did this new out of the box. (grass tee).

Any advice? I want this to work, but I don't want to change my swing to hit straight on the p3pro then go out and hook everything. Also how much light is OK, how do you add video if its so dark? I did get the extra courses and they are great and work fine off my dual core laptop. I don't have a projector or screen yet, waiting to see if this is what I want.
    Colinls,

Curious as I get the same WAY OFF to the right results with my new P3Pros swing also. I have tried 2 types of lighting to no lighting. Alignment of the sensor pad is perfect to my mat. I have to close the club at least 20 degrees to even be close to square.

I know the P3Pro swing is way off using my X-20 Callaway irons. I even tried tape and reflectors with the same results. I can swing in-out or out-in easily and I know my face is not >18 degrees open like this sensor claims.

I am calling them tomorrow after I sent 2 e-mails tonight explaining this issue. I also find that Highland Greens hole #3 is black grass while every hole up to #6 is normal.

So far I am not impressed with this sensor. I have i3 due core with 4GB ram and a dedicated ATI video card with 1 GB. The software passes all moving pictures o.k.

I also concur with others that swing speed is much too low compared to others I have tried, distance is too short also.

Regards,

You should just call the tech support at p3pro. Something is up with your system.

Lob Wedge colinls is on a distinguished road

P3pro improving

I cleaned the sensors and I am getting much better results. My swing speed on entry is up to 95 but o exit its 73. Don't get that but the distance is now pretty normal so I guess entry speed is all that matters. This was with my driver so I didn't hit fat just the tee. I still get an occasional very open club face but most are closer. I have a inside out swing ave. 6 degrees but it never goes left which in my real swing I have a draw and sometimes hook.

I have incandescent lights, would florescent help? The accurcy meter is all the way to the top.

One thing I haven''t figured out yet is short putts, if under 2 feet and I swing slow I don't get any reading, then I swing faster and faster till it goes like 30 feet. My 5 feet and up seem to work fine. Do you need to go past all the sensors at a certain speed. Just wondering how the trigger works.

Thanks for the other tips.

Gap Wedge Steveh is on a distinguished road
    I am using Callaway X20 irons with no tape. I have only taped my driver, 3 wood and putter. I am turning off my lights and using the light from my impact screen, I have my projector set on hi-bright so I can use it in daylight also. After a little more practice with my driver tonight I am seeing swing speeds of 90-94mph and 238 yds and with just a little grip change I am hitting it a lot straighter. I have the adjustment set at 0 but I set the player level to advanced as the distances in the online manual for that level are very close to my actual distances that I normally hit. I also notice when I play that there are 2 drivers listed, one regular and one oversize. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the individual club specs as I notice a few of the lofts are different than what my clubs are. As far as putting I find it doesn't have as many dud shots if I keep my putter a little further behind the ball before I start my shot, I think if I rest my putter above the row of sensors behind the ball that it sometimes turns off putting mode. Seems the more I play the more accurate it is getting, perhaps a confidence thing with committed strokes through the sensor pad, I am also using real balls, it works really good as they mostly end up back just in front of my swing mat.

Thread Information