100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: P3pro users?

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by chasiv View Post
    Also -- one person mentioned hitting off the rubber friction tee. You can surely do this, but you'll likely chew threw your friction tees quickly. I'd suggest the pushing the friction tee all the way down to save on destroying it.
    So if you don't hit off the rubber friction tee, where do you hit your fairway shots from? Directly on the sensor pad? Can someone post a quick picture of how they setup the ball on the unit for an "iron" shot? I still feel like I'm doing something wrong with the way I use my unit.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I use rubber tees that allow real tees to be placed for the woods. The rubber tee sits just below the grass so when I hit from the grass the ball is actually on the grass.

Here are some pics. The pics also show the launch cam with the extra light for launch measurement. It works very well.
    Attached Images

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    Is that the official p3proswing grass top? I guess part of my problem is that I'm still using the rubber mat to hit off of, but I think it's time to upgrade to a grasstop.

Ya it is the grass top. I would recommend the grass top or get the cdg one from Cory. PM dvshx as he speaks highly of the cdg grasstop. The p3pro grass top is firm (like hitting from a tight lie) and very durable but nice to hit off and much better than the rubber top.

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the pics, Bubba! If anyone has other pics or videos of their setup, we would love to see it.

Are you set up yet Bruce?

Not yet, I am still making decisions on screen and projector. I am having a hard time finding a projector that will throw a decent sized image from 12 feet. Ideally, I'm looking for 7 feet high by 9 feet wide. I might check with Cory to see what he knows of.

Looks like I found an impact screen that I like, but it is only 7.5" feet high and I'm not sure if that is high enough for me. I plan on making impact with the ball 5" away from my screen, so I need to determine if I can hit a wedge higher than 7.5" feet in a distance of 5 feet. Might have to do a little geometry to figure this one out!!

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    5 inches from the screen??? That's awfully close! (Sorry, I couldn't hold back from commenting on the 5" thing!)

My screen is about 9.5' x 9.5'. I currently have an older discontinued projector (Epson EMP-74) that is placed 13' from the screen and produces an image 9 feet wide and a bit under 7 feet high. So long as you look at short-throw projectors, you should be fine. I actually could have had the projector a foot or two closer to the screen to get the same image (I have it zoomed right now). It's just if you start looking at HD (1080p) projectors that you'll struggle to find one to give you what you want.

Haha, 5' from the screen, not 5". Might be hard to generate clubhead speed with a 5" follow through.

7 feet high by 9 feet wide of an image is exactly what I'm looking for. I will keep searching and let you know what I find.

Just some valuable info about the p3pro tee heights. The tee heights should be adjusted by 1 inch ( 1/2 inch for the grass top and 1/2 inch for the ball as the reference of the angle of attack is through the centre off the ball). Therefore if hitting from the grass without teeing up set at 1inch. If teed up then add 1 inch from the measured tee length above the the grass. I confirmed this with Chuck today and did more impact tape testing to show its accuracy. The angle of attack and club heights are extremely accurate.

Just received my P3Pro unit today. I had some time to hit some practice swings with the foam ball, as I wait for my impact screen. I have a couple questions for those who already have the unit.

1) My club readings seem way off at the moment. I am hitting the ball 20-50 yards shorter than I do in real life with my irons, and about 100 yards shorter with my woods. It is also showing everything as hit off the heel, when I know it's not all the time. I think my problem is I have not yet taped my clubs. Didn't have time to do that today. Also, I am standing 2" below the ball since I have the grass top and no stance mat (yet). This may be affecting the results. I am not concerned I have a faulty unit at the moment. I think I just need to apply tape to my irons and woods and try again. Does anybody have any other suggestions on improving accuracy? Am I correct in assuming as little light as possible around the unit? It's pretty dark where I hit, so I don't think this is a factor. Oh, the accuracy reading bar on the driving range was only about 2/3 full on every swing. To anyone that has the unit, are you getting 100% readings every time?

2)Is there a way to maximize the screen while playing the new courses? The image only took up about 2/3 of the screen, and I couldn't figure out how to utilize the whole screen. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but I didn't have time to fully investigate.

Overall, I'm really excited about the potential this unit has. I love the graphics on the courses, and am very impressed with the technology. Can't wait to get everything working and have friends over to join me.

Congrats Bruce. Make sure you have your mat set up with the sensor pad firmy secure at your target on the screen. In the p3pro program you need to adjust to your tee heights. I use 1 inch for the iron tee shots and fairway shots and 2 1/2 for the woods. What type of irons do you have? Most people with reflective irons do not need tape. Make sure you clean your sensors as described. I regularly use compressed air to clean them out. You can increase or decrease you distances on the p3pro software by 10 percent whgich affects the virtual courses as well. Do tape the woods for more accuracy. The virtual courses should be full screen. Look at your options for full window. The unit is wxtremely accurate and you will really enjoy it once set up.

Thanks Bubba, I will try those things and report back. Do you keep the grass height at 1/8"? I hope to not have to adjust the distance settings, but will if I need to. It seems odd that the distance works perfectly for you, but wouldn't for me. Like I said, I will try the tape and see what happens. I have 858c Tour Classic irons. Not sure if those are good or not for the sensors.

Irons should be fine. Keep the grass height a 1 inch if you have the grass top. This accounts for the 1/2 inch grass and the ball (1/2 inch or so). Don't leave it at the default 1/8 inch. The irons tee height I leave ar 1 inch as well because I hit my tee irons directly off the grass top. If you tee it up then add 1 inch plus the tee height measured from the grass. The wood height should be 1 inch plus the measured tee height from the mat.

You may very well have to adjust your distances if you think that the distances are short for you. Remember there is no ball measurement so the system will not be able to tell how the equipment may influence your distance. Take for example your 7 iron. The loft on your iron may be stronger than mine thus you may get different launch and distance. The system will not be able to detect that. You may hit prov1 vs a Molitar ball and get longer distance. Again the system will not be able to see that. In other words it can`t determine the smash factor without measuring the ball. Make sense? I would encourage you to hit bunch of 7 irons and see what you are getting and adjust accordingly.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    Bruce- I would not adjust distances or anything until you have your mats so you are at the correct height. If you are getting greatly reduced distances, you should check your area for any reflective surfaces (i.e. windows, mirrors, metal objects, etc.). The Dynamic Distance tuning will not adjust enough for the issue you are seeing. Distances that short are usually accompanied by reduced club head speed (this is the reason your distances are short). You may also see 'wide-open' club face readings (over 18 degrees). These are all signs of a reflection/environmental issue.

As for the Virtual Courses - You need to go to Options and then Screen Settings. Select the last resolution listed in the box and click OK.

Bubba -- the 'Full Screen' mode was removed as it was not appropriate (it would not let the interface be on top all the time like is necessary). The Course software (when the resolution is set appropriately) will take up the entire screen except the Windows Task Bar.

Good points chasiv.

Thanks chasiv, I was able to fix the full screen issue by doing exactly what you said. I don't think there were any reflective issues when I was swinging yesterday because it was dark outside and my room had very dim lighting. I will the tape the clubs and try some other things tonight to hopefully correct the issue. My goal is to get the accuracy reading bar that is shown on the driving range to be all the way up on just about every swing.

Keep us posted Bruce.

Ok, after 3 nights of practicing the P3Pro, I now have a better understanding of the software and the unit. Here are my thoughts/questions.

I have corrected the issues with the terrible club readings by better positioning the unit in my room away from reflective surfaces. I also taped my drivers, hybrids, putter, and two of my irons. I do not yet have an impact screen, projector, or stance mat, but those are all coming soon. I am using foam balls for the time being.

My main issue/problem right now is with the club head speed. I should be hitting my driver 100-105 mph, but the unit is only reading around 90 mph on every swing. I feel like I am swinging even harder than I do on the course, and the results still aren't there. One time I swung so hard I almost fell over, the ball went straight, the accuracy meter was all the way up, and my club head speed was only 96 mph. Surely, this can't be right. I even tried two different drivers, and had similar results. If I change the setting to increase my distances by the maximum 10% (for woods and irons), then my distances are comparable to real life. My driver then goes about 265, 5 iron 195, 8 iron 155, etc. Without this adjustment, my distances are about a club and a half short of real life yardages. I am worried that once I start using real balls, the 10% adjustment might not be large enough since club head speed decreases with use of a heavier ball. Hopefully this is not the case. I am still miffed by the club speed though (even though I can adjust my distances). My only thoughts are 1) faulty unit, 2) being 2" below the ball is somehow affecting the speed 3) Since the unit is not trapped in, it is moving slightly (even though I don't think it is), which is causing the club head speed to read slower.

I will say, however, that my hooks and slices are showing up very nicely. Every time I try to go left or right, the unit reflects this both in the course game and on the range. I'm very impressed with this feature and it should really help my game.

Chipping is not bad. Only thing I wish is that the lob wedge showed a higher ball flight and a softer landing. I like to chip the ball very high from most places around the green, and I find myself having to play pitch and runs from almost everywhere around the green on the P3Pro, even with a lob wedge. Obviously the system doesn't have launch angle, but the default for the pitching wedge, sand wedge, and lob wedge should be higher, softer shots in my opinion.

Putting is actually fun, but I find the distances to be much different from real life. I feel like I hit a 10' putt in the game about 25' in real life just to get it to the hole. Is anybody else experiencing something similar? What does the ball/friction meter mean on the course options? I tried adjusting this up and down, but it didn't seem to help. Not sure if this even deals with the putting speeds.

Taping my irons didn't go so well. I tend to hit down on the ball (take large divots in real life), so after about 3 swings with my 7-iron on the grass top, the tape was completely off. Taping my irons would only work if I teed them up all the time. This isn't an issue though, as the unit seems to be getting good readings (other than swing speed) on my irons without the tape. The tape stays on the woods no problem, since I tee them up.

Overall, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but 1) Faster swing speed 2) higher chip shots and 3) faster putts would really enhance my enjoyment of the game. Any suggestions for improving these three issues would be greatly appreciated. I love the GSA courses, love the accuracy of hooks and slices, and love the potential this unit has for years of fun. I will continue to try different things, and I'm sure everything will be fine with time.

Correction: Usual driver swing speed is 105-110mph, so it appears to be off by 15-20mph.

How are you checking your normal driver swing speed? I think the swing speeds for the p3pro are fairly close to reality. I just spent the afternoon on a About Golf launch monitor/sim. eally sweet. My average swing speed was high 90's with a few being in the 100's. I always thought my average was really 105-110 but thereality is it is in the high 90's low 100's. My average on the p3pro is in the low to mid 90's so it is a little lower but not by much. The difference is the ability to measure the launch and the spin to determine the exact distance. I would say that the distances should be adjusted if you find them too short.

Sand Wedge sailer is on a distinguished road
    I find the P3 clubhead speed to be accurate as well when I compare it to my Zelocity LM.

Sailer do you have the Zelocity integration with the p3pro or another Zelocity unit?

Bruce you probably don't have to tape your irons. The friction meter should be set on 1.7 or so. the putting is very good on the unit but I agree probably doesn't roll as far as expected. Keep in ming the hills and breaks for the putting as sometimes they are difficult to appreciate on the screen. You are right about the wedges but we really need to get the launch measurement working to really appreciate the true ball flights.

Sand Wedge sailer is on a distinguished road
    I have the PureLaunch but don't have it hooked up/integrated with the P3....too expensive ($500 or so) and not sure what I would gain by having the two integrated with each other. Both units have their strengths and weaknesses. I use the P3 for fitting irons with some Zelocity help and the Zelocity for fitting woods with some P3 help. Zelocity doesn't have takeaway to impact time where the P3 does. P3 has swing path and face angle at impact where the Zelocity has face angle (but not accurate enough) and no swing path.

Very nice. Good to hear that the p3pro data is accurate compared to the Zelocity. I find my p3pro unit very accurate compared to the Accusport launch monitor as well.

Any update on the setup progress Bruce? Is your setup complete yet? Interesting to test your swing speed once setup is cmplete to see if it is any different.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

Response Time

With the new courses what is the response time from the point you swing your club and the moment the ball appears on the screen ? Thank you.

Almost instant, less than a second. Keeping the integration window on all the time will help the time.

Thread Information