CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: P3pro users?

Putter suzukawoods is on a distinguished road
    Thank you both! I am really leaning toward the P3PRO option (vs DD) but I'm not sure if I will be willing to go through the hassle of taping my clubs.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Keep in mind the DD and P3Pro are no different in their club sensing technologies. So, by going with DD, you wouldn't be avoiding the taping of clubs...if your irons work okay on the DD without taping (which most do), then they would have worked fine on the P3Pro as well. Untaped woods are the big problem on both systems. It just sounded like you were viewing the taping of clubs as a "minus" for the P3Pro compared to the DD...but that's not the case. You need to go to a shadow-based sensor system (like the Golftek ST-1) to eliminate the need for taping altogether.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    If taping is the issue then you whould be looking at the Golftek/GGS/Pro tee for shadow technology with no need to tape. I personally think the Pro7 is the best option out there that has launch etc. It is more expensive than the p3pro.

The st1 is nice but there are no plans for launch which is in my mind very critical.

The p3pro has launch which is extremely accurate and measures angle above 40 degrees or more. The majority of irons will work fine without taping. I only tape my driver, 3 wood and hybrid. The taping to me is a non-issue. I bought some reflective strips and tape. You can buy from Cory at Par2pro. You can actually buy cheap from a hardware store so cost is a non-issue. The tape on the woods will last for a long time if teed up. Irons like I said are a non issue and if reflective work well without taping. The one big advantage of the p3pro over the dd (besides accuracy) is the launch. There are some whom it doesn't matter to, but trust me, knowing and seeing the vertical height at which the ball is hit is at least 1/2 of what the true ball flight is. Not knowing it will simply render the shot to be innaccurate. The launch add on for the p3pro is at a good price compared to other methods from other companies. I just hope they will integrate it with their new GSA software.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Club taping may also not be a big deal - for some users like myself, the club taping did not take that long and I was able to use one set of time for a whole winter (we get almost 8 months of winter here in Edmonton ).

For our friends and family, we had two other sets of clubs taped and ready to go

Each system out there has its strengths, so just be sure that you get a system that is strong where you want it most.

Putter itdude69 is on a distinguished road
    Did i read somewhere that i can tape my irons & drivers for more accuracy on the DD right ? Is the reflective tape shiney black or shiney silver ?

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 08:03 AM.

yeah, i'd like to return my DD too and get the P3PRO ... too late to return it. Just not accurate enough ... i get embarrassed when my buddies notice the flaws ... i wish i would have just spent the money and purchased the P3PRO originally.

But now that the price is lower and that they jsut dropped price for the turf i'll probably buy it soon.

my projector died too , so now looking for another one too! (sigh).

i think i'm reading that P3PRO is best option on the market right now so leaning in that direction but will keep reading this forum until i buy to make sure nothing has changed.

Cory, i'll be calling you! (if i can, i'm US)

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Last edited by readygolf; 02-23-2012 at 08:03 AM.

What are/were the main problems you guys are having with the Optishot?

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I have to add my 2 cents here. I have the dd and other than the missing launch angle it is very accurate and a hell of a lot of fun. You have to follow the instructions on setting it up for everything to work properly. You should not have to tape your clubs. Some drivers work and some do not. Your new R9 will probably not. Callaway drivers seem to work the best. My FT-3 is perfectly accurate without tape.

Bubba has the most experience with both systems and can answer your questions regarding the differences

That is why I asked the question what problems they are having with the Optishot. I still think the dd is a very good unit. If there are issues then we could try trubleshooting them.

The Optishot can work for some... it really comes down as to what to expect from the system. If you know the system's strengths and weaknesses and are ok with it, you will be happy.

The P3ProSwing is great too, but it does have its limitations.

What is it that you are looking to get out of the system?

ok, good points. for example, frequently i've seen the system show a fairly clean shot but i actually mis-hit the ball and didn't even hit the screen to the right ...

distance accuracy as well ... some of my friends and i have been able to swing the driver 350 yrs with 130mph club head speed or higher ... just doesn't seem right.

i know the closer you t the ball the better

but yes, i have not customized it for my clubs ... i use some older ping ISA-K's

to answr your question Cory, well i just want something that is truely indicating my swing speed, path, & face orientation ... so that i know what I am actually swinging.

DD has helped me for sure ... just wish it was more accurate. I've gone from shooting 130 to high 90's fairly quickly but a lot of that is just learning the game.

thanks for the info all on the trade in or EBAY option ... i'll find out if DD will do the discount on trade in.

Thanks!!!

There has been some mixed reviews about the woods and the dd. There are some users that claim good success with their woods on the dd. I must say I have tried everything from getting their Optishot driver, taping, tee height changing, software offset adjustment etc. and have had poor results with the woods. With the p3pro, I have had no issues with the woods. Not to saty that the p3pro is perfect because there is no ball sensor therefore any swing without a ball will result in a potential ball flight. Therefore the sims really measure your potential not the always the true result.That is why I like the concept of having a ball sensor or at least a launch sensor is very important for some.

Gap Wedge TVANS216 is on a distinguished road

P3Pro on sale

They are currently having a sale on the Claret and the new 37 courses for $1650.00 and this sale last until Oct 15 and I am trying to convince my wife of how good of a deal this is. I may have to sell my DD and go all in now.

Yup, for those of you in Canada, I will match that sale (plus exchange, customs, etc.) - it is a great deal, as the courses are on sale for less than what I pay for them!!!

It is a good deal. I would encourage all who are interested to call and talk to Cory at Par2pro.

What iron and tee/grass heights do people set their p3pro if they have the grass top?

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    What iron and tee/grass heights do people set their p3pro if they have the grass top?
    I have custom design golf grasstop on a mounting plate. It sits 1/3 of an inch higher than the versa mat. I have stock settings on the tee height at the moment.

Generally speaking, all of the heights are raised a 1/2 inch. So if you have a 1.5" tee, set it at 2". I have seen some odd systems that read it a little differently so you can calibrate it by placing a piece of masking tape on the face of your club, measuring your tee height, hit the ball and adjust according to where the ball left the mark on the masking tape.

Sorry if I made a few spelling errors, I sliced up my finger installing the new foam flooring in my house and now it is stitched and bandaged up to the point where I am typing with one hand.

I will try to keep posting on here, but I may be delayed a little bit

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Jeez Cory, you really go all out for Hallowe'en. I usually just buy a fake bloody hand to scare the kids with, but actually cutting your finger to make it look gory...that's dedication man!

Seriously though, I hope the finger is doing okay.

If you are hitting right off the mat do you set it at 1/2 inch or 1 inch? Is the measurement from the mat or the sensors below?

3 Iron walb0034 is on a distinguished road
    I'd be interested in hearing this too, I don't really understand the tee height measurement so I never really changed it. When you guys hit off the "mat" you're still hitting it off the little white tee right, just at about 1/8" height above the mat? I believe the nominal setting is 3/8" for iron shots?

Well I have done some testing with impact tape and have found that the stats are more accurate with the setting at 1 inch when hitting directly off the mat. For me I set the iron and grass heights at 1 inch and the woods at 2 1/2 inch. The impact tape shows the ball position to be very good based on the p3pro analysis and the angle of attack and club heights to be right on. What are others finding?

Oh by the way I use 2 3/4 inch tees but they obviously go into the holder and the diatace above the sensors I measured at 2 1/2 inches.

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road

Exclamation

Tee heights should be measured from the top of the black plastic and not the top of the grass. Also remember that the Wood tee & iron tee heights are only for actual tee shots. So if you hit a wood or iron from the fairway, rough, etc -- it will use the grass height.

Also -- one person mentioned hitting off the rubber friction tee. You can surely do this, but you'll likely chew threw your friction tees quickly. I'd suggest the pushing the friction tee all the way down to save on destroying it.

Thanks for the update chasiv.

LOL - I do love Halloween, but I definitely could have done with some fake blood instead

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Jeez Cory, you really go all out for Hallowe'en. I usually just buy a fake bloody hand to scare the kids with, but actually cutting your finger to make it look gory...that's dedication man!

Seriously though, I hope the finger is doing okay.

Also remmber that the tee heights in the system are relative to where you are measuring the tee height from (ie: if you measure the tee height from the top of the grass instead of the black plastic, then you have to adjust accordingly).

Thread Information