100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: P3pro users?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    For the p3pro range and the 2 p3pro courses, yes. The launch angle is calculate and the ball height is influenced by the launch angle. Low punch shot or thin shots will show as such on the screen. They are still trying to get the launch angle data input for the GSA courses . So for now the launch angle does not work with the GSA courses and the launch data is determined based on the club loft just like the dd. I am hoping that they will get this resolved soon.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    How do you like the grass top? Do you hit irons directly off the grass or do you tee them up? I have the P3Pro without the grass and really don't like hitting off the rubber base.

Sand Wedge sailer is on a distinguished road
    I use a short rubber tee for irons.

I do like the grass top. It is very durable. It certainly is not cheap. I hit balls directly off it with the irons and tee up the driver. I think the p3pro grass top from custom design or through Par2pro would be a cheaper but very good option. I did not like the rubber top.

Gap Wedge diggler is on a distinguished road
    Quick question- does the p3pro software work with Windows 7?

Sorry for the repost, but the reason I ask is this page:

http://www.p3proswing.com/p3proswing-system-requirements.htm

At the bottom is says XP only, but I assume this is specific to the Tiger Woods interface and not the overall software.

Yes both the dd and p3pro work with windows 7. I find windows 7 much better than vista for both sims.

Thanks again bubba--- I'm zeroing in on a decision!

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Yes, the only thing is that the Tiger Woods interface does not work on Windows 7 and they do not hae any plans to change that (at least at this point).

5 Iron chasiv is on a distinguished road
    No changes to that status Cory. There are no plans to get the Tiger Woods interface to work with Windows 7. EA Sports has not released Tiger Woods for the PC since 2008. Windows 7 was released nearly 2 years after that. So to spend money to improve software for outdated producted did not seem reasonable.

As Cory stated, everything else works fine on Windows 7.

And Bubba -- EVERYTHING is better with Windows 7 then Vista... Vista was a horrible mistake by Microsoft (at least in my opinion).

I agree. I have windows 7 now and love it. Vista was terrible. Windows 7 works great.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Yeah...hopefully some people lost their jobs over Vista. For the most part I skipped it altogether, but do have it on the computer that runs my simulator. I'll have to upgrade to win7 at some point...I have had windows 7 on a couple laptops and love it...one slick operating system if you ask me!

chasiv, any news on the P3pro launch angle and the GSA courses? Any thoughts about a ball cam?

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    I hade a P3Pro that I sold on this forum a few years ago. The reason I sold it was because I hated the reflective tape you needed to add to the bottom of the club and the oil on the pad. I guess they fixed the oil issue by adding synthetic grass? Does it come standard now?

Also I hit balls off it outside one evening and was not impressed on the accuracy. Does the web cam launch monitor add-on resolve this issue. Has anybody tested the accuracy? If so how?

TY
    Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Grass top extra. Cheaper to get grass top from custom design or Cory at Par2pro, but the p3pro grass top is very durable and feels great hitting from.

It is difficut to test the accuracy of any sim. The dd and p3pro use the same sensor technology. They rely on the club path and face angle to determine the direction of the ball and the spin, both of which are estimated. The launch is totally estimated except if you have the launch measurement. There is no ball sensor except the launch measurement. Certainly a sim that measures the club and ball as well as spin will be more accurate. If your expectations with the dd or the p3pro is that type of meaurement and accuracy then you will be disappointed. I think the p3pro is quite accurate in the left to right measurements of the ball based on the information at hand. The launch angle measurement for sure increases the accuracy. I would hope they develop a ball sensor as well. My testing the ball speed and club head speed with the accusport vector monitor show the sim to be very accurate.

P3Pro lowered their price on their Grass Top - it is only $200 now (with the purchase of a new system), so it makes it a more reasonable option for those on a budget.

As for the oil, there is no oil needed. The tape does wear out a little more with the grass top, but we have found that using scotch tape over top of the reflective tape makes it last longer.

Also a quick note about the P3Pro -- outdoor use can definitely be an issue. The sensors use infrared technology and we all know that the sun (even on the cloudiest days) emits infrared lighting. So unless you have extreme shade, you are going to have issues with outdoor use. Also remember that the P3ProSwing & its power supply cannot get wet !!

As for DD using the same technology -- of course they do. That's why they were sued by P3ProSwing and lost. They had reverse engineered our product to develop their product. That's why they no longer can use reflective tape.

OK...

P3ProSwing + Outdoor Use = Inconsistent / Non-Existant Readings

Basically we have tried almost everything in the book to get this to work well outside - even building a wood frame enclosure. The problem is that UV light gets in as long as there is an opening somewhere. I am surprised that the golf academy worked in their video (where they opened the door and hit the balls to the outside of the building - must have had quite the depth on that one

If anyone does get it to work, please post your success here as there are a lot of people who would love to use this outside (including me )

Cory- your post makes me think I will probably have to keep my garage doors shut when I use this in my garage... although they are north facing and my unit will be on the far south wall... so maybe that won't be a big deal.

Yup, keep as little lighting in your room as possible.

Cory - did you see the new video in the Video section of the P3ProSwing website? They used it at the Crowne Plaza International outdoors for their 'Hit it Big' spectacular.

OK, I watched the whole thing - wow it was really long...

All I saw was the P3Pro flash at the start which looked indoors. What am I missing?

Yeah it is.. LOL. It is actually outside in a popup tent outside (3 sided like the Ace Package, but white). It shows up about 3 times.

When I tried it, it was at dusk on a cloudy day. No UV interference. Even inside I noticed sometime that ball was obviously pushed and the monitor did not read it correctly and that is why I tested it outside. Anyway I’m not here to bash the product I’m just stating my results.

I’m more interested in it’s accuracy since I might get a P3Pro again or an Optishot since it’s cheaper and it uses the same technology. But if the web cam add-on to the P3Pro makes it more accurate then I might lean toward that one especially that the grass top is now available.

Chasiv - if you could point out the times that it was visibile I would love to check it out. Just trying to watch that whole thing again would kill me LOL

1:50 to 2:04 minute

The webcam setup is definitely more accurate. It works great with the p3pro original software. You would be very happy with it. It has not yet been integrated with the GSA software. They have not given a time frame as to when that will happen.

Putter suzukawoods is on a distinguished road
    Anyone using the P3PRO without reflective tapes applied to golf clubs? Is the accuracy affected if you don't?

I do not tape my irons and they work fine. I do tape my woods for more acuracy. If you don't tape your woods it does work but I find it not accurate.

Depends on the clubs that you are using... If you have clubs that have a good, flat, reflective bottom where the sensor can properly reflect the light, then you should get better readings that clubs that are more contoured with different finishes like pewter brush.

Some people can accept the accuracy without the club taping, but to get the most accuracy from the system, the club taping is highly recommended. This is because you are introducing a constant (the piece of reflecive tape in which the system has been calibrated to the size, reflection, etc) into the measurement and anytime you can have a constant over a variable, you are more likely to get accurate results.

Hope that helps

Thread Information