CorporateGolfXtra 2023

View Poll Results: Do you wear sunglasses while you play golf

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

117 57.64%
  • no

47 23.15%
  • sorta (I wear them on the course but remove them to hit shots)

39 19.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar

Talking Yes to Sunglasses this season.

I have tried playing with sunglasses in the past but found it hard to play.
    Now after 2 eye surgeries in the past 3 years my eyes are incredibly light sensitive and the bright sun is just killer on my eyes. I have to wear prescription glasses all the time and have for years. I am thinking I will be wearing prescription sunglasses this summer all the time on the course. My eyes just can't take the glare or the bright sun anymore. Maybe it will improve my game.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

70's
    Gulfer

70's
    You wear g30 off the golf course? They are pink. I have G30 and I only wear them on the course and I even hate doing that because I feel they are girly glasses. I wonder why O would make golf glasses pink of all the colors?

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    I wear prescription glasses so I do put my clip-ons on. They make the glasses a little heavier, so on hot muggy days there is a lot of slippage down the nose. If I don't I'd have to take a second Advil for the headache. Could I get my eyes done? Sure, but not a fan of things touching my eyes. Would like to use my kool wrap-around lenses to have greater eye protection, but then cannot see whether I'm in the left or right rough.

6 Iron Old Man is on a distinguished road
    After I have read these posts I think it might be time for me to take the plunge and get used to playing with sun glasses on and think about the damage the sun is doing to my eyes . Jeez this site is good as it only took a few minutes of reading about this on here to wake me up compared to my better half telling me about this all these years. Should I mention this to her ?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I have never played wearing glasses before but I figured I'd give it a try this season so I ordered a pair of Maui Jim Kanahas.

Played my first round with glasses today and didn't have any issues. The Kanaha's are very lightweight, which is nice. We'll see how it goes in the summer when the sweat starts to be an issue.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Playing Winter Rules Swerve is on a distinguished road
    I am also convinced. In the past my sunglasses have been quite large and I tend to wear my hat pretty low so my biggest problem was figuring out that combo. I picked up a pair of Hunter Mahan series Sundogs (NOT the white ones!) and they seem to do the job perfectly. Have used them at the range 3 or 4 times already but looking forward to testing them out on the course.

That reminds me, the other problem I have is that I have prescription glasses that I NEVER wear... except when I play golf. Looks like I might have to get that figured out now too...

Lob Wedge Sand Trap is on a distinguished road Sand Trap's Avatar
    I wear sunglasses every time I play but they are polerized. I find the polerization helps cut down glare and make everyting look so much clearer.

Caddy PowerFade is on a distinguished road PowerFade's Avatar
    Nope, I can't get used to them. They mess with my depth perception and I don't like the hassle of taking them off, cleaning them, making sure they're protected and not scratched, etc. A good hat and squinting work for me.

Pitching Wedge joey0162 is on a distinguished road joey0162's Avatar
    I almost always wear them on the course. I don't think the style of glasses matters, thats up to you, but look for what some manufacturers call a g20 lens or a g30 lens. This is suppossed to be made specifically for golf.

Pitching Wedge joey0162 is on a distinguished road joey0162's Avatar
    Forgot to mention, they do come in Sun Dogs which are generally cheapish in price not quality.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I bought a pair of Sundogs this summer for golf and I love them. It's the first time I have worn glasses full time on the course, and I find that they really help me.
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I bought the UVEX 3 interchangeable lens (Costco), with 1 clear, 1 for sunny days and 1 for cloudy days. I have always worn sunglasses when I play because I wear contact lenses and the little flies love flying into my eyes. I have come acustomed to how they feel and like Scott I also find that they really help.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Shotmaker bNeill is on a distinguished road bNeill's Avatar
    Oakley radars with golf specific lenses are the real player glasses

Driver Brent4Hire is on a distinguished road
    It takes about 5 minutes for me to get a migrain outside in the sun. In overcast conditions - 2 minutes. Yup - I wear shades pretty much all the time, and golf's no exception.
    If you're gonna walk on thin ice, ya might as well dance.

7 Wood golfguy is on a distinguished road golfguy's Avatar
    I wear Oakley Fast Jackets with G30 Lenses. No need to take them off at any time, they are bright and contrast is spot on SHARP!

Oakley has made the G30 especially for golfers, everything "pops" so nicely!

2 Iron Hooterguy is on a distinguished road
    I wear sunglasses all the time outside, hitting shots, putting, searching for my ball in the woods, mowing the lawn, driving etc. You get the picture. With the UV rays burning down on us it's a no-brained for me, with a family history of cataracts and macular degeneration. I've been wearing golf-specific prescription Oakleys for over 10 years now, and just recently had new Essilor Varilix S Nanoptix installed. These are truly amazing. Expensive, yes, but far cheaper than a new set of irons and well worth it. It's your vision, after all.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I'm another who wears Oakley's when it is bright. I take the off sometimes on these days but will mostly keep the on. Mine have a light yellow brown tint and are great I find. Have not tried the Callaway as I really like the Oakley.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I have Oakley Flak Jackets XLJ and am confused about two possible lenses for golf. They are G30 13-660 and Prizm 101-106-004, any insight would be appreciated.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    I have Oakley Flak Jackets XLJ and am confused about two possible lenses for golf. They are G30 13-660 and Prizm 101-106-004, any insight would be appreciated.
    I have the golf prism lens. From my understanding, the golf prism lens are new for 2015 while the G30 is the older version. If you are close to the Tanger outlets in kanata...you can visit the Oakley store and probably try them both out. My nephew purchase sunglasses there a few weeks ago and got great customer service.

Lob Wedge hacker03 is on a distinguished road
    Bought prism lenses this year for my flak jackets, hands down best lenses for golf!

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Started wearing the prizm golf lens and they are incredible.

Thread Information