I have Oakley Half Jackets and have had them for over 6 years. I never lose them because the arms hold tightly to your hat or head if that's wear you put them for a while. I figure I wear these glasses about 220 days a year between golf, skiing, inline skating and the beach.

For golf on "low light" days - e.g. slightly overcast but some sun - I use the Oakley G30 non-polarized lens - it's designed specifically for golf. You can also get the VR28 - virtually the same lens but a bit darker (lets less light in than the G30).

For bright sunny days anywhere, including golfing, I use the standard grey polarized lens.

I also have gold polarized for cross-country skiing on bright days when you're getting sun from above and off the snow.

You can find these Oakleys and / or replacement lenses on ebay - I like the Half Jackets but the Flak Jackets are nice too. On ebay, as long as you buy from a seller with 99% positive reputation (there are lots) you will be totally fine.

A lot wearing glasses when you play golf is leaving them on or off - you just have to let your eyes adjust and go with it. Often though I will take them off when putting/reading a putt. No reason, as I can see fine with them on, but just a habit.

Rob