http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1872740

We will never know what happened.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1872740

We will never know what happened.

IMO, by dropping the charges, we know what happened. Consesual sex, opportunity for an out of court $$$ windfall that didn't happen. Next up, the civil case...lets hope that doesn't go ahead either. Kobe cheated on his wife, not sure why she's still with him, her perogative, but I think that's the only wrong doing here.

Putter duffernine is on a distinguished road
    not sure why she is still with him? wish you could hear me laughing...

Don't you think she likes the million $ rings, the clothes, trips, being spoiled rotten?

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Kobe's a piece of crap for cheating on his wife. Too bad she didn't use the opportunity to divorce his sorry ass and take half his millions. Adulterers should be shot.

As for the alleged victim, by backing out of the case, she ensures that we'll never know the real story, one way or the other. Apparently it was her parents' decision after they realized that Kobe had assembled an OJ-ish defense team that would tear their daughter apart in court.

I personally hope that no money exchanges hands in the civil suit. That would affirm that SOMETHING happened, but that the justice system screwed up again.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    I personally hope that no money exchanges hands in the civil suit. That would affirm that SOMETHING happened, but that the justice system screwed up again.

Dan
    If the civil case goes ahead and Kobe loses, it doesn't mean that "something" happened, civil proceedings do not have the same burden of proof, and he could have to pay her millions because something "might have" happened.

Look at the civil suits that happen in the US, millions for spilling coffee on yourself, robbing a house and then suing because you get injured....I'm sure people try in Canada, but it seems our judges have a bit more common sense

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g8r
    If the civil case goes ahead and Kobe loses, it doesn't mean that "something" happened, civil proceedings do not have the same burden of proof, and he could have to pay her millions because something "might have" happened.

Look at the civil suits that happen in the US, millions for spilling coffee on yourself, robbing a house and then suing because you get injured....I'm sure people try in Canada, but it seems our judges have a bit more common sense
    A few years ago, in Canada, a guy was breaking into someone's house while they were away. The would-be burglar attempted to enter through a skylight, but the glass caved in, sending the intruder plummetting into the kitchen, where he impaled himself on a kitchen knife that was not properly put away. The crook sued, and was awarded $800,000.

My point about the civil suit wasn't so much that I hope Kobe isn't ordered to pay, but rather that he doesn't make a backdoor arrangement. To me, voluntarily coughing up millions in out-of-court settlements is pretty much an admission of guilt.

Michael Jackson anyone?

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27

My point about the civil suit wasn't so much that I hope Kobe isn't ordered to pay, but rather that he doesn't make a backdoor arrangement. To me, voluntarily coughing up millions in out-of-court settlements is pretty much an admission of guilt.

Dan
    Agreed...but I think that if he was going to cough up cash, it would have been before charges were originally laid. If he's innocent, like he says, then he'll take his chance in a civil suit as well, but reading his court statement that his lawyer read, he might end up paying. It's in today's Ottawa Sun, here's an excert
    Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did....I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

Thread Information