CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

Interesting new product...

I know the GGS hardware hasn't had much discussion here, but they continue to impress me with their product development efforts. Their website now has a new product (part way down the page at http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm). I've attached a picture of it here. It looks like a compelling alternative to the Golftek Pro 7, and probably even to the P3Pro / Golftek ST1 once you consider the launch angle aspect. It has an integrated launch angle monitor plus ball speed/direction monitors that also work for putting so it doesn't need a separate putting sensor. Plus it doesn't need a 4" subfloor like the Golftek Pro 7. I'm not sure on the pricing, but I was told it will probably be in the $3,000 range. Very interesting considering the Golftek Pro 7 is close to $5,000 with the putting sensor and then you have to build a large enclosure/subfloor.

Figured I'd pass the info along...it would be nice to see some GGS users on here to get some feedback.
    Attached Images

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the heads up RDH. I will certainly look into it. Could be just what the doctor ordered!

When you get to the point of looking into this, you may want to talk to Cory. A while back he was looking at re-establishing his relationship with GGS. I'm not sure if he'd actually look at getting one of these in for testing, but it would be nice to get a first-hand account of how well it works. The product looks great and if it does what it's supposed to, I may have gone that route instead of the Pro 7. The 4" subfloor and the higher cost weren't ideal. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy with the Pro 7...but this looks like a very similar product at a lower price and with easier setup.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Very impressive. Hopefully the price is right but it looks quite nice. There are not too many GGS users out there. Would be nice to know how the system works.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey rdh,

Sounds good, but I just spoke with Martin and he said that the MX sensor is not going to make it to production. Maybe he was talking about the original MX ball sensor that was suppost to eliminate the need for a putting sensor.

Have you discussed this new sensor with Martin at all?

Cheers,
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    I know the GGS hardware hasn't had much discussion here, but they continue to impress me with their product development efforts. Their website now has a new product (part way down the page at http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm). I've attached a picture of it here. It looks like a compelling alternative to the Golftek Pro 7, and probably even to the P3Pro / Golftek ST1 once you consider the launch angle aspect. It has an integrated launch angle monitor plus ball speed/direction monitors that also work for putting so it doesn't need a separate putting sensor. Plus it doesn't need a 4" subfloor like the Golftek Pro 7. I'm not sure on the pricing, but I was told it will probably be in the $3,000 range. Very interesting considering the Golftek Pro 7 is close to $5,000 with the putting sensor and then you have to build a large enclosure/subfloor.

Figured I'd pass the info along...it would be nice to see some GGS users on here to get some feedback.

Just through email Cory. It was the "PX series mat with MX double ball track and VX vertical launch angle sensor" on that page (http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm).

When I spoke with him a few weeks ago he did say that the mz and vx launch sensors would be available in the fall. We will have to wait and see.

Yup it sounds like something else - did he confirm that it was available or was this just what he is thinking he might put into production?

A few people got burned on this before, he had put a sensor on the website that you could buy online, but it never got put into production and they had to buy something else.

Don't get me wrong, Martin is a great guy and the products that we have tested are ok (the ProX software isn't one of those that I am satisfied with), but everyone just needs to reconfirm availability and know what they are getting into before buying ANY GGS/GSA products.

My business is based on adding value to my customer's purchases - because I am not the manufacturer, I provide unbiased, real information. That being said, product availability is one of the issues that I am working out with Martin before agreeing to be setup as his dealer again.

He said they will be available in about 6-8 weeks. He also said they are revamping the high speed camera monitors as well.

I hope that the timeline is correct, but I wouldn't count my chickens before they are hatched LOL

Not to be disrespectful, but I everytime I asked about the mx ball sensor, it was always only a few weeks away from being ready and after almost a year of promises, I was told that it will never make it into production.

I think this is why Optishot is smart in not revealing too much, as you never know what may happen in the development stage that may prevent it from making it to the shelf.

Cheers,
    Cory

Good point Cory. They really should have all the testing etc done before they launch the sale of a simulator add on, courses etc. Who knows if the mx or vx GGS add ons will fly. Are they having some issues with their vertical launch cameras as well?

It looks like the prices of the mx and vx add ons for ball and launch have significantly increased. The prices are 2,500 each now http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm. Anybody else catch this. Along with the mat you are looking at over 6 grand which puts it at the same level as the pro7.

Hey Guys,

I overheard something about problems with the cameras but nothing solid.

Yes, I caught the price - I agree, the Pro7 for the price is way better and you get your money's worth in support alone!

Cheers,
    Cory

Am am at a loss to understand why there are no GSA/GGS users on the forum. There must be some users that can give some feedback. There products look fantastic albeit somewhat expensive http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm. I would love to try it out as they have many modular options. It all seems somewhat confusing and who knows what products are actually available. All I can say is that their sims look very good. Perhaps the price, lack of support etc has kept users away. At least we can enjoy the GSA courses.

Yes, it would be nice to have some user feedback here...

For the record, when I was selling the GSA products, the customers who purchased them did not give any glowing feedback and I had a couple of returns.

I have had the PX2 in my office for a while and just haven't had the time to test it as much as I want. I would really like to find a way to get it to work well and be able to provide enough support to make it worth selling again.

I am going to meet Martin in January to see what we can do to make it work better.

For now, there are just much better options with similar or lower prices and service that is miles above what we got with GSA.

For anyone out there who has a GSA system, we would love for you to post something here

Just a question for Cory or Chasiv --- Are these products from GSA http://www.golfsimfactory.com/CircuitBoards.html able to be integrated with sims like the p3pro or dd? If so is that something the companies have to do or can an individual do it themself?

I'm sure that anything is possible in life, but it is a matter of logistics.

From P3Pro's standpoint, (at least in my opinion) it would be a nightmare trying to work with GSA on the details needed to integrate the sensors and then if something happens they would have a tough time getting support - I am sure that P3Pro is very protective of their brand and want to deliver the best quality possible. Until Martin can focus his time on just support and development, I don't see this happening.

As for a great programmer like rdh, maybe, but the same rules would apply. One of the biggest road blocks would be to get around the software code access. Most companies will not open up their DLLs to anyone - it would be like smashing your own storefront window and walking away. Prprietary information is what keeps companies in business - they have worked really hard to develop something, so they don't want to take the chance of having it stolen, recreated and sold off to someone else cheaper because they didn't spend money on R&D to make it happen. I don't blame them one bit

OK, back to coffee LOL!
    Cory

Great explanation. Makes total sense. I agree that there are better options than the GSA now. Their products look awesome but quite confusing. Cory is that a GSA video that you have using the PX2?

It was the original residential club sensor mat (what I had called the CSM). The PX2 is a commercial version that has been updated a bit.

Hoping to get some time over Xmas to play with it more and see if I can get it working right

Just as I mentioned, Martin is working on a new product called the ADX sensor mat http://www.golfsimfactory.com/ElectronicSensors.htm . It looks like it works with no overhead light (reflective) and will measure club and ball data including launch angle. Not sure how the ball is captured. There is no doubt that someone will develop a more complete system like this at an affordable range for the home user. Hopefully this system will fly as it looks very good.

I assume the ADX will require club taping like the P3Pro without being shadow-based...would be good to find out on that. Depending on the price, and depending if it works, this is the type of device I think a lot of people would like to have. Basically the P3Pro concept with launch angle and ball direction/speed tracking added. It could be quite the product...but as usual, Martin just has SO much in development. It's mind-boggling how many products he works on developing at a time. This fall I think he should have stuck to his GC2-type product, to get it FULLY tested, tweaked and properly released, and THEN move on to something like this in the winter. I think he gets so excited by new ideas that he just starts on them before fully wrapping up previous product releases. Fingers crossed that this one does make it to market and at a good price...it could be what you've been looking for bubba.

I fully agree rdh. It certainly has lots of potential but who knows when or if it will ever fly. Lots of unanswered questions.

It looks like the ADX sensor will be available this fall. I heard word today from Martin at GGS that he is concentrating on developing this sim which will have club and ball data including launch. This will certainly be a serious contendor to the p3pro and st1. I will keep you posted as I hear more.

Be sure to keep us posted bubba, I really hope that Martin can come through on his developments as he has a lot of great aspirations.

When you spoke with Martin, did you find out if there will be club tape needed?

No there will be no club taping needed which is real bonus. Interesting that it is IR sensors that require no light above and no taping.The base unit will be a club analyser similair to the p3pro with the option to add a ball sensor that will give you ball speed, direction and launch angle. The price I suspect will be similair to the p3pro. The unit sounds awesome. I will certainly keep you up to speed as I hear more. If the price is right and p3pro don't add the launch angle then I am certainly pulling the trigger on this one.

Sounds interesting, but I would be weary about how the system reads all types of different clubs without having a constant in the algorithm. Remember that Optishot also statest that you do not need to tape clubs either

I'm thinking along the same lines as Cory here...it sounds too good to be true, so I'll be looking forward to hearing how it works out. It would be very cool to eliminate the overhead lights if it doesn't sacrifice accuracy. My projector image looks much brighter and sharper with the lights out - I used to love that aspect of using the DD. I put shields around the overhead lights to try to minimize how much they flood out, but it still lightens the area noticeably.

Ya we'll see how he does it.

Putter suzukawoods is on a distinguished road
    Subscribed!

Lob Wedge TheFonz is on a distinguished road
    Anyone have more news or updates on this one?

Thread Information