CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Nothing really. I will contact Martin this week and keep you updated.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I had an email exchange with Martin today and he said this system is IR-based, so no overhead lighting is needed. He also said it uses high power IR LEDs, so no club taping is necessary. It sounds pretty compelling if it is in fact working and does make it to market...

Key word is if... I hope he will finish the deal.

Lob Wedge kevivoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    I had an email exchange with Martin today and he said this system is IR-based, so no overhead lighting is needed. He also said it uses high power IR LEDs, so no club taping is necessary. It sounds pretty compelling if it is in fact working and does make it to market...
    Martin offered to let me beta test this sensor. Now that I have seen the problems that can be had with IR reflex sensors (P3ProSwing) I feel confident I could make it work out. I just didn't pull the trigger on the ADX and bought the P3ProSwing instead.

I talked with Martin about beta testing as well. It just remains to be seen whether things will pan out with the adx. I really hope it does at a reasonable price especially if there is ball launch and direction measurements. I am going to contact him again to see where he is at with things.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Very interesting - would love to hear how this works.

I am going to see Martin in January, maybe it will be ready for testing then.

It looks like the adx and vx sensors will soon be ready. I just heard from Martin and it looks like it will be ready for testing in the next few weeks. This really looks like a great product that will certainly challange the p3pro/st1 market if it pans out. I am excited because it will have ball measurement especially the launch which is really missing in the dd/p3pro/st1 unless the p3pro resolve get their launch device working with the GSA virtual courses.

I'm really interested to see how well this works. Not that I'd ever replace what I have, but if Martin has come up with a way to make IR technology work well with no taping, with integrated launch angle and ball measurements, that will be an amazing product.

Interesting discussion on the inaccuracy of optical sensor. Martin basically is saying that the optical sensors are inaccurate with the clubface angle and path. The less sensors and increased spacing of the sensors make it even worse. The more sensors and better spacing the better the accuracy. He basically is recommending high speed cameras for true accuracy. I definitely think he is right as even with the p3pro there are many shots that I really question.

I emailed Martin as I have a problem with the diagram on his website. If the sensor row was that short, then what he says would be correct. On the Pro7, even if I hit the ball completely off the toe, the heel of my club is still within the sensor row, so the logic for the interface can still tell if the club was square or not. I think it is an overly simplified critique that may hold true for a device with a shot sensor row or widely spaced sensors, but for most of the devices we're talking about, this scenario can be handled okay. I believe Golftek had the Pro 6 out for a short time before realizing the oversized drivers WERE causing the issue Martin shows on the camera page of his site, so they quickly changed the design to increase the length of the sensor row and released it as the Pro 7.

I fully agree rdh. I think the thinking is quite oversimplified however the concept of less sensors and less spacing will reflect to a more inacurrate reading. Also I do think the shadow concept is more accurate than the reflective. I don't think this will force me to automatically go with a camera based setup unless the price was the exact same. If the price was the same for the camera based vs the sensor based, I may chose the camera for reasons of accurracy and the ability to hit off different surfaces. For now the sensor based is just cheaper and accurate enough to enjoy the sims with some confidence. I still think your pro7 setup is the gold standard. Let us know Martin's response to your email.

The other thing with this discussion is the value of taping the club at least the woods. I do think that the club taping (even if some people do not like doing it) is important for the accuracy in the reflective sims (dd and p3pro). Having that strip of reflective tape if put on properly will at least give the club a constant to work from. I think the dd will work better with taping but because of legal infringement they cannot tell users to tape their clubs.

Lob Wedge TheFonz is on a distinguished road
    Well its mid-end of December... Anyone hear any word on how the ADX Sensor mat is coming along? Price? etc...

Last I heard it was still going to be in prototype mode when I go to visit Martin on February 2nd. I asked to be a beta tester in the interim, but he said that he just wanted to test it in Florida first. I have sent him an email for an update, as I haven't heard anything yet.

I will be following up with Martin as well. It seems to me that he is concentrating more on the camera side of things.

Going to visit Martin on February 2nd? Assuming you'll be seeing him in florida, that will be a nice (hopefully) warm break from the canadian winter cory!

I just heard back from martin on the adx sensor:

"a bit delayed at the moment due to all the other work going on.

A change is that the ADX will now feature both Shadow and Reflex light technology. This will be switchable but bust be Shadow when using cameras."

I am really looking to Florida - going down late January to catch the PGA Merchandise Show (don't worry I will be tking videos and posting them for everyone to see )

Then I am heading out on a tour of the manufacturers to check out the latest systems and see how the factories are coming along. Hoping to get some video there too!

Going to try to get some golf in while in Orlando - anyone want to recommend a course or three?

Orange County National, Mystic Dunes, Champions Gait or any of the Disney Courses.

Thanks Bubba - I may have to try those out

I really wanted to bring my clubs, but the airlines want to charge way too much - guess I'm renting!

Thread Information