100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge MakingtheCut is on a distinguished road

Question Ball crossing yellow and red hazard around green

Hi All,

What are my options? Where do i drop?

I don't have a diagram so picture this if you will. I pull my tee shot on a par three. In front of the green is a yellow staked WH. To the right of the green is a red staked LWH - same body of water but i think that's irrelevant. The tee shot crosses the WH, over (and to the right of) the green and lands in the LWH. I cannot drop within 2 clubs lengths of the LWH as i'd be nearer the hole (practically on the green) and it is impossible/impractical to drop on the other side (equidistant).

Thanks
    Mike

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    If the ball last crossed into the hazard over the WH then the 2 club lengths option is gone. The drop depends on where the ball last crossed the hazard so your options in what you described are to keep the flagstick and the point of entry in line and go back on the side that the ball entered the hazard keeping those points in line or go back to where the previous shot was made which in your case would be the teeing ground.

Sand Wedge MakingtheCut is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by "If the ball last crossed into the hazard over the WH". It was Calabogie #3 if that helps and I believe its staked as described above. The ball flew over the WH and then the right side of the green and then crossed and landed in the LWH.

So even though my ball rests in a 'red staked' body of water, the 'yellow stake' rules apply?

Thanks again.

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    If it crossed the land after crossing the yellow stakes and then went into the red staked hazard, then yellow stakes do not apply. It _last_ crossed the red stakes. I'd think that if you can't drop there no closer to the hole, you have to replay your shot from the tee.

Gerry, do I get brownie points?

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingtheCut View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by "If the ball last crossed into the hazard over the WH". It was Calabogie #3 if that helps and I believe its staked as described above. The ball flew over the WH and then the right side of the green and then crossed and landed in the LWH.

So even though my ball rests in a 'red staked' body of water, the 'yellow stake' rules apply?

Thanks again.
    The water is just one body of water. It doesn't matter where the ball is. It's where the ball last crossed a margin and the colour of the margin that counts.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I do know Calabogie #3 well and I've been in the water in front and I've flown the green and the drop will be on the tee side of the small pond in front of the green. In fact they do have a drop zone there that I've used a number of times. The way it is marked there is no way you would get a drop on the green side unless they've changed it and made it a LWH around the green.

Thread Information