CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Pakenham vs Dragonfly

OK, that's it.
    I'm :mad

We can't have a single thread going without Broken or Stevie K. pushing the virtues of their favorite courses, Dragonfly & Pakenham.

This is the official debate & then the rest of us will vote on your presentations......

Steve, you're up, then Dano gets to place a rebutal...then Steve.....etc.....

Suggested topics can be;
    greens, prices, availability, playability, fun, cart girls (Oops cheap shot, no beer at the 'Fly)............

(Farzin, don't even try to mention Falcon Ridge)

Good luck to both of you & we want to see some PASSION

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    We can't have a single thread going without Broken or Stevie K. pushing the virtues of their favorite courses, Dragonfly & Pakenham.
    Actually it is one of many favorites George. But you have said it all for me by posting yet another thread on Pakenham

But just for you.....................greens are in great condition, price is good at $38 weekends, availability usually whenever you want, playability is good for all levels of golfers, fun during tournaments as you can go for all the par 5's in 2, cart girls..........well, sorry broken..........I win that one hands down if they dont have one at Dragonfly!!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road

(Farzin, don't even try to mention Falcon Ridge)
    My mouth is Zzzipped, I haven't been there for a while, but can't wait until Sunday though, it's like going to a pilgrimage.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Maybe we should combine the courses. But which name do we choose, Pakenfly (sounds like you're going on a trip) or Dragonham (sounds like you're towing a pig)?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Well, without hesitation, I will say that I do in fact like Pakenham as well. But, Dragonfly is, in my opinion, the best course accessible to us green fee golfers.

Reasons?

1 - In good shape before any other course other than perhaps Calabogie, and likely even in better condition faster than the Bogie.

2 - Front 9 and back 9 have slightly different styles of layout, and a drastic difference in terms of up-and down terrain. Front 9 gets you warmed up, while still presenting a challenge, and the back 9 is tough but fair (at least from the whites).

3 - Lack of beer cart girls never stopped me from enjoying a round of golf, unless it is because of stupid Ontario Liquor law (11AM crap) or because she just isn't making enough rounds. While I can't recommend BYOB, I will suggest pre-drinking a bit, and stocking at least a 6-pack in the car for apres-golf pints.

4 - My last few experiences at Pakenham (albeit last season) were unimpressive. We played 36 holes, with two different combos. I think we did Lake twice, Canyon (?) and Island once each. The pace during our first round was ridiculously slow, and although it improved during the secound round, we were still waiting a lot.

5 - I've never been witness to slow play at Dragonfly. Well, that is to say, I've never been held up by more than one group, and in that situation they let us play through since there was nobody behind us for at least two holes. (We were two with cart, they were four on foot).

6 - I can play all day on $24 (w/coupon) at Dragonfly if I choose to walk (while I am not sure it is a club policy, I have been fortunate enough to be charged only for an optional cart on my second round). Pakenham has always charged me at least 50% on my second greens fee.

Hehehe.... Believe me. At this point I'd gladly play either course, but money is tighter than a frog's ass at the moment. Guess I'll have to settle on Falcon Ridge (if I'm lucky) this weekend....

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Thread Information