CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact screen

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    My screen was from netting masters. Its a little off white but very heavy, soft and quiet. Mine does not leak light.
    I thought you had bought your screen material from Ebay. This must be you new screen?

How do you like it. That is awesome that it doesn't leak light. How is the picture quality?

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I thought you had bought your screen material from Ebay. This must be you new screen?

How do you like it. That is awesome that it doesn't leak light. How is the picture quality?
    My nettingmasters net is the one I planned to replace with ebay cordura 1000d screen (needed bigger size). When I got the cordura from ebay, I returned it. I am still using the nettingmasters. Mine is only
    8 X 6.5.

It's great screen. I have a 2600 lumens projector 10ft away and there is no light leak. The thickness and softness of this fabric is miles away from a the cordura 1000d that i got from ebay. in terms of picture quality, i mentioned that the color is off white. there is a coating that makes it somewhat glossy. if you have a bright projector, this should not be an issue.
    it has a rougher (wooven) texture, so the text will not be as sharp. Trust me, this screen is very durable.

When you say off white, is it leaning towards grey? If so, then it's actually better than white as far as picture quality is concerned.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    When you say off white, is it leaning towards grey? If so, then it's actually better than white as far as picture quality is concerned.
    Lets just say it's not ultra bright white like a typical projector screen. But it is white.

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    Can the material purchased from Cory at Par2Pro be sewn on a regular sewing machine? I'm thinking it would be nice to have the edges hemmed before the grommets are added. My wife said she should do it if the cloth isn't so course that it breaks the sewing needle.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Yes it can. I did it, and then put the grommets in after hemming. I even folded the material twice when making the hems.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

2 Iron stevnkrn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    Yes it can. I did it, and then put the grommets in after hemming. I even folded the material twice when making the hems.
    Thanks Fhann. Are you happy with the screen? How far apart did you put your grommets?

I am very happy with the screen. I have the grommets spaced at 2 foot centers around the perimeter. I have a 3inch wide hem and the grommets are centered in the hem so I have 2 layers of screen material captured within the grommet. This reduces the stress on the fabric around the grommet area.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Sand Wedge mazda71 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by fhann View Post
    I am very happy with the screen. I have the grommets spaced at 2 foot centers around the perimeter. I have a 3inch wide hem and the grommets are centered in the hem so I have 2 layers of screen material captured within the grommet. This reduces the stress on the fabric around the grommet area.
    Which material did you buy from Cory? Can you hit real balls into it without reinforcement behind? And how much was the cost, if you don't mind me asking.

Lob Wedge colinls is on a distinguished road

Follow up beware of Nettingmasters

Quote Originally Posted by colinls View Post
    I just finished my golf sim and found a impact screen I am happy with. It is from netting masters and is $3.75/sq ft. they cut it to your specs and hem and place grommets, they made it 2 inches short for me as they made a larger hem to place a weighted chain and didn't acct for the length loss. It is thick and appears very durable. I hit real golf balls from about 8 feet away and they only bounce a foot at the most. I have it hanging on a ceiling curtain rail with a black stage curtain behind it and on the sides instead of a net, (it is the middle of my garage and I wanted to block light). I got the curtain and rails from Chicago Canvas, custom cut, hemmed and grommets. The white impact screen is a thick tight mesh so some light may go thru, I have never checked. The image is very bright though. Here is the link.
    http://nettingmasters.com/asccustomp...=6&navParent=0
    Like many people on this site I spent a lot of time trying to find something to work in my area and most stock systems don't fit in the average garage or basement. It was nice to find someone that sold and sized a screen for a reasonable price. Mine is about 8'8" tall x 10" wide.

I am still waiting for a plastic ball tray from nettingmasters ordered 2 months ago but they assured me it was just slow shipping, but they haven't answered my phone calls or emails for 2 weeks so there may be a problem with the company.
    The address of the company on the web site and on my receipt are different states too. If anything changes I will post, maybe moving mixed some things up but I would be careful ordering for now.

They haven't responded to my emails either. Last responds from them was that they were going to send me a sample of their screen. That was 2 weeks ago. Maybe they all went on a vacation?

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I ordered their impact screen two weeks ago and will hopefully have it this week. I did not have good luck reaching them via email either - kept calling until I got someone on the phone to finally place my order and had to hound them to get my screen out - mine will hopefully go out today.

Will let you know how it is once I get it and how it is versus my CDG screen.

Also, I got a sample screen material from Foresight Sports - very different material - almost feels like a wire type of mesh material - also has visible small holes in it where light can definitely bleed through - not sure how good this would be - would probably need something very dark behind this. I know they sell a full enclosure with what looks like a dark padding material all the way around and behind the impact screen. Maybe this screen material would work well with that to provide good contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by js1010 View Post
    Will let you know how it is once I get it and how it is versus my CDG screen.
    Awesome. Hope you get it soon.

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I ordered a custom sized impact screen from them last wk. Had no trouble getting anyone on the phone. The saleman Jed was pleasant and answered all of my questions thoroughly. He did say they were very busy and the lead time would be approx. two wks. I will let y'all know if anything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by mazda71 View Post
    Which material did you buy from Cory? Can you hit real balls into it without reinforcement behind? And how much was the cost, if you don't mind me asking.
    I purchased the impact screen material that is priced by the lineal foot. You can get the price per lineal foot off of his web site: www.par2pro.com

I have a net manufactured by NettingMasters and the back baffle is archery netting. I have hung the impact screen in front of the archery netting. I am hitting real golf balls into the impact screen. The durability seems to be very good, with 3 hour sessions 3 times per week, since early January.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Putter LittleLadynR is on a distinguished road
    How far away does the screen have to be from the back of the wall?

I have 1.5 feet of separation behind the netting to the wall. I used the recommended dimensions that GolfTek and P3ProSwing show for setting up an indoor net system. The information is available by reviewing each web site and the instruction manuals.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Got my Net masters impact screen today

The good : Thick cloth material and is pretty quiet at impact and looks very durable. Feels twice as thick as my CDG screen.

The Bad : Its no where near as good as my old CDG screen in terms of the projected visual graphic quality. The CDG screen is made from a very fine thread that leaves a very flat and smooth surface to project on. The net masters screen is constructed with a thicker weave that actually has a texture to it. This definitely degrades the visual on the screen - I feel like I lost the quality I gained going from my new projector going from 1024 res to 1900 resolution.

The Net Masters screen is also not bright white - but a few shades off of white - I must say the CDG screen may not be as durable but it is bright white and provides for a great display.

I don't want to put this screen down too much as it would probably last forever vs 10 months on my CDG screen - but I have been spoiled with the visual quality of the CDG screen and not sure if I can give that up now.

not sure what I am going to do here...

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that JS. Did your CDG golf only last 10 months?

Yes, 10 months - but I hit 10,000 balls at it in that time - so maybe I got my moneys worth.

the netmasters screen looks like it would last a lot longer.

That was not what I wanted to hear. I guess I'll just keep my CDG screen for now. If it breaks I'll just get another one from CDG or go with the HQ screen from Cory.

Thanks for the review.

JS out of interest, how did the CDG screen fail?

the upper - middle of the screen now has about 3-4 holes in it (each hole bigger than a golf ball) - Its right in the spot that my sand wedge goes to - I have been working hitting thousands of wedge shots and that is where it broke down. Not sure if its becuase of the high spin nature of wedges and maybe some of my golf balls where chewed up from over use and caused it to breakdown the threads in that area.

Guess I really punished this thing...I am going to watch from now on to remove old chewed up balls...

Thanks.

70's
    My brother and I both hit drives over 300 but he hits drives in the 360-365 range and has ball speeds of 185-190. I want a screen that is going to last with this type of pressure. Do you know anything that is capable of this? Par2pro said 115+ but he is in the 130-138 mph swing speed. I do not want him to break anything in the house. We will be hitting real balls and I am lost right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 70's View Post
    My brother and I both hit drives over 300 but he hits drives in the 360-365 range and has ball speeds of 185-190. I want a screen that is going to last with this type of pressure. Do you know anything that is capable of this? Par2pro said 115+ but he is in the 130-138 mph swing speed. I do not want him to break anything in the house. We will be hitting real balls and I am lost right now.
    Good Lord man, you guys should be on tour.

70's
    He is wild, he can play in the low 70 and the next day play in the high 90’s. I am a lot more consistent than he is, but I hit a ball to two balls ob a round and that is why I play in the upper 70’s. I wish I played on tour but I played football in college instead of golf (big mistake). He is wild and I do not want him breaking anything.

I don't think that a projector impact screen will stand up to those ball speeds. You are definitely going to need ballistic impact material which is not as refined a finish to project an image on. The safest method would be to use archery netting material but there will be a huge amount of light from the projector that bleeds through the mesh. You will also need a lot more room than 1.5 feet behind the archery netting to the wall of your room.
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

70's
    That is a bummer, I just ordered the projector today. the last piece I needed to get a sim going was the screen

Perhaps a white golf net directly in front of the screen will work. With the net right up against the screen and very taut, the image will still be affected somewhat but you will be protecting the screen. I'm just thinking out loud here as I haven't tried anything like this.

Thread Information