CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact screen

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by js1010 View Post
    Zmax, Bubba - I also have the screen from CDG and am getting light through it as well as I look from the back side of my cage.

Do you guys know if the HQ screen from Cory is better / different material?
    I don't have the HQ screen yet, but I believe somebody else here has the screen by itself and can answer your question. I would like to know also. I just don't remember who it was.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I don't know about the screen by itself as I have it doubled up with my old screen.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    so hard to make decisions on all this sim stuff...I have looked around the net for impact screen options and a lot say "quiet" material - but in the end you don't know what you are getting until you get it.

I guess stitching something else to the back sounds like a good idea. I wonder if stitching a darker material to the back would be even better.

I don't know? I have a black nylon frame around the impact screen as well as a black netting on the sides. This gives me good contrast. You would want to be sure before forking out to much dough. Anybody try something like this? My second impact screen was a white cordura and quite heavy.

8 Iron bubba827 is on a distinguished road
    well guys I just got my impact screen installed .....I bought some 1000d cordura material and had it sewed together.....really looked great and after i got it installed and hung like I wanted I was finally really to try it out. I have got to tell you guys on the very first swing I used a real golf ball and I will be dammmm if the ball went right thru it, lucky it was a little low and did no damage to my drywall in my garage. I thought that 1000d cordura should have been thick enough, as my swing speed is only up to 82 to 85 mph. so now I guess I will use this screen for a while longer with foam balls and then go ahead and make the plunge and buy 1 from Cory as I should have at first. If nothing else let this be a lesson for anyone else thinking about trying to save a few bucks....

Pitching Wedge Nigel_37 is on a distinguished road
    Yikes! Glad there wasn't any real damage, but still... Yikes!

I got the stuff Cory is selling, and have had guys hit with 115+ mph swings and it holds up pretty good! Stuff is amazingly white as well, so the picture is just great... yet it's thin enough for my projector to go behind it.

When you get the chance, drop Cory an email and order some of this stuff. Truly awesome.

Sorry to hear that Bubba. Bit of a drag. Cory's impact screen is nice. Get the raw material from him it is a bit cheaper. Think about maybe sewing your inpact screen to the back of Cory's as it will make it a bit stronger and prevent light from coming through better.

Lob Wedge 12tree is on a distinguished road

How far from wall?

Hi All,

How far from the wall did you install your impact screens? The only thing I could find was information for the Par3Pro screen that indicated 18 inches. If you have netting behind the screen would this allow me to get any closer than that? I am installing in a game room and the wall is right at the entrance of the room thus I do not want to have it extend too far but at the same time I do not want to hit golf balls through my wall either. Thanks.

12tree

8 Iron bubba827 is on a distinguished road
    well 12tree if u are asking me..my screen was hung about 18 to 20 inches from the wall.....and now that I have had some time to think and try and figure out my screw up I am not 100% sure that material I ordered from ebay was actually cordura 1000D. anyway I am gona just hit foam blalls in it until maybe this summer or even maybe next winter. I am gona post some pics tomorrow of my setup and the hole I punched thru it with first swing on my golf sim...

1 ft for me and I have netting. I have curtains/drapes behind mine also. An old blanket would be even better.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba827 View Post
    well 12tree if u are asking me..my screen was hung about 18 to 20 inches from the wall.....and now that I have had some time to think and try and figure out my screw up I am not 100% sure that material I ordered from ebay was actually cordura 1000D. anyway I am gona just hit foam blalls in it until maybe this summer or even maybe next winter. I am gona post some pics tomorrow of my setup and the hole I punched thru it with first swing on my golf sim...
    I warned you about cordura 1000D. the real material is an off-white wooven fabric. i wish
    i can find my old thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    I have the $300 CDG impact screen and I do see some light getting through the screen. Optishot/GSA golf looks great on it and BlueRays looks good but not great. Contrast is good but black level appears to have suffered a little. I kinda expected it since it's more of an impact screen.
    Hi Zmax, I really dont understand the light bleed if you have an HQ screen. I get none for mine.
    I must have a different material.

Quote Originally Posted by dvshx View Post
    Hi Zmax, I really dont understand the light bleed if you have an HQ screen. I get none for mine.
    I must have a different material.
    You bought yours from CDG for $300 as well? I don't have the HQ screen that Cory sells.

When I bought mine, they only had one kind but in different sizes. I get some light pass through but not a lot. It's enough to lose some shadow detail in dark scenes.

Lob Wedge golfnuts is on a distinguished road

size matters

Just wondering if there is an ideal sized screen WIDTH for indoor simulators for a 9-10' high ceiling? And it seems from all my reading that the best aspect size for golf (and not home theatre) is 4:3. My area meaurements are 12' wide and 18-22' deep.

(as a side note/consideration, according to my wife, we may also use this as a TV/movie screen in the future.)

THANKS!

Lob Wedge colinls is on a distinguished road

Impact Screen

I just finished my golf sim and found a impact screen I am happy with. It is from netting masters and is $3.75/sq ft. they cut it to your specs and hem and place grommets, they made it 2 inches short for me as they made a larger hem to place a weighted chain and didn't acct for the length loss. It is thick and appears very durable. I hit real golf balls from about 8 feet away and they only bounce a foot at the most. I have it hanging on a ceiling curtain rail with a black stage curtain behind it and on the sides instead of a net, (it is the middle of my garage and I wanted to block light). I got the curtain and rails from Chicago Canvas, custom cut, hemmed and grommets. The white impact screen is a thick tight mesh so some light may go thru, I have never checked. The image is very bright though. Here is the link.
    http://nettingmasters.com/asccustomp...=6&navParent=0
    Like many people on this site I spent a lot of time trying to find something to work in my area and most stock systems don't fit in the average garage or basement. It was nice to find someone that sold and sized a screen for a reasonable price. Mine is about 8'8" tall x 10" wide.

Quote Originally Posted by colinls View Post
    I just finished my golf sim and found a impact screen I am happy with. It is from netting masters and is $3.75/sq ft. they cut it to your specs and hem and place grommets, they made it 2 inches short for me as they made a larger hem to place a weighted chain and didn't acct for the length loss. It is thick and appears very durable. I hit real golf balls from about 8 feet away and they only bounce a foot at the most. I have it hanging on a ceiling curtain rail with a black stage curtain behind it and on the sides instead of a net, (it is the middle of my garage and I wanted to block light). I got the curtain and rails from Chicago Canvas, custom cut, hemmed and grommets. The white impact screen is a thick tight mesh so some light may go thru, I have never checked. The image is very bright though. Here is the link.
    http://nettingmasters.com/asccustomp...=6&navParent=0
    Like many people on this site I spent a lot of time trying to find something to work in my area and most stock systems don't fit in the average garage or basement. It was nice to find someone that sold and sized a screen for a reasonable price. Mine is about 8'8" tall x 10" wide.
    That is a great price. Did the screen have grommets all around or just the top? Could you check and see how much light gets through?

On my $300 screen from CDG, a little bit of light does get through and I lose a very small about of shadow detail when watching BlueRay movies. Do you watch movies on yours?

Please post some pictures of the screen. Some with an image and some close up of the material.

Thanks.

screen

It has 11 grommets across the top and a pocket hem on the bottom for some weighted chain, which I still have to get. I don't think they charge for extra grommets though. I don't watch Blue ray just golf since it is cold in the garage. I checked and light does shine through it. I have a Benq XGA projector and a non digital input for now. There are garage lights behid the screen, thus the need for a curtain. It actually seems to work as good as a net anyway and the darker the better.
    Here are some pics
    Attached Images

Nice setup colinls. Since it's custom made, they should be able to put grommets all around for me. That second picture looks pretty good. Did you have any light on in the room at the time?
    Last edited by ZMax; 02-27-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Nice timing for this post - I just put a hole in to my CDG Impact screen today - I have hit ~10K balls in in about a year - guess I can't expect this thing to last forever.

I maybe give Netmasters a try this time- thanks for posting the pics - looks like it may be a bit thicker material than the one I have.

9 Iron SDL is on a distinguished road
    It has 11 grommets across the top and a pocket hem on the bottom for some weighted chain, which I still have to get. I don't think they charge for extra grommets though. I don't watch Blue ray just golf since it is cold in the garage. I checked and light does shine through it. I have a Benq XGA projector and a non digital input for now. There are garage lights behid the screen, thus the need for a curtain. It actually seems to work as good as a net anyway and the darker the better.
    Here are some pics

Your screen looks great! Can you handle hitting wedges with your set-up? It looks like there is nothing to stop the ball from hitting the ceiling or curtain track if you use a high-lofted club.

SDL

Quote Originally Posted by js1010 View Post
    Nice timing for this post - I just put a hole in to my CDG Impact screen today - I have hit ~10K balls in in about a year - guess I can't expect this thing to last forever.

I maybe give Netmasters a try this time- thanks for posting the pics - looks like it may be a bit thicker material than the one I have.
    Shipping cost seems a little high. $77 for UPS ground to Chicago.

Just the projector and the light behind the screen. I usually play with lights on though like the 1st pic, the pic is lighter but I like to see the ball better and use a web cam to see my swing. I get more out of the instant feedback of the web cam then the sim sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by SDL View Post
    Your screen looks great! Can you handle hitting wedges with your set-up? It looks like there is nothing to stop the ball from hitting the ceiling or curtain track if you use a high-lofted club.

SDL
    SDL

I use a wedge, it works since I am so close to the screen as long as am not trying to hit a flop shot, the ceiling is low where I had to hang the screen but I have close to 10' of height where I swing the club. I did buy some Almost balls for my flop shots which are fine. I really still have't hit the ceiling first but have had a couple bounce off the screen to the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Shipping cost seems a little high. $77 for UPS ground to Chicago.
    The shipping cost on the web site is wrong. I think the web site adds each square foot as another thing to ship. I can't remember what mine was but I think less then $15 to Oregon from Kansas or so and it started even higher then $77. The web site and company are not too organized etc., I am still waiting for my ball tray I ordered at the same time but so far what I've seen I've been happy with. Make sure you are very precise with the measurements and size as mine is 2 inches shorter then I wanted, I might let the pocket out or add carabiners to add the length back.

The shipping cost on the web site is wrong. I think the web site adds each square foot as another thing to ship. I can't remember what mine was but I think less then $15 to Oregon from Kansas or so and it started even higher then $77. The web site and company are not too organized etc., I am still waiting for my ball tray I ordered at the same time but so far what I've seen I've been happy with. Make sure you are very precise with the measurements and size as mine is 2 inches shorter then I wanted, I might let the pocket out or add carabiners to add the length back.
    $15 makes more sense. I did shoot them an email about the shipping. I also asked if they had small samples that I could look at and compare.

colinls, do you mean by precise that you didn't measure your environment correctly or they screwed up and made the screen two inches shorter than you told them to?

Got a reply from NetMasters. There shipping calculator is messed up. Shipping for me was actually $18.

They are sending me a small sample of the screen.

I bought an impact screen from netting masters this morning - told me two weeks before I get it.

One thing they mentioned was to watch out for balls that been scuffed as this can cause threads to rip and cause premature failure of the screen. I should have realized this - and is probably what happened to my CDG screen after 10 months. I am curious to see this screen vs my CDG material.

Got to start paying more attention to my balls ie: removing older balls from the mix....

My screen was from netting masters. Its a little off white but very heavy, soft and quiet. Mine does not leak light.

Thread Information