CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact screen

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Balog View Post
    Received my screen today. Love how white it is, and without a seam. I can't believe how thin it is, too! My wife thinks a real ball will go right through it, but I said it must work if Corey endorses it. I plan to set it up this weekend.
    Are you preparing it yourself?

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    Yes, I bought a grommet kit, hooks, and string and plan to tie the top to my ceiling and mount the bottom part into the wall. I will post picks when everything is done.

Yes, I bought a grommet kit, hooks, and string and plan to tie the top to my ceiling and mount the bottom part into the wall. I will post picks when everything is done.
    Cool. Would love to see the pics. I already have a screen but I'm thinking I might go bigger. I got a quote from Cory yesterday and the price was pretty good. My mother -in-law has a sewing machine and I can get a grommet kit from Ebay.

Are you going to hem the edges or just put the grommets in?

8 Iron Bruce Balog is on a distinguished road
    I was planning on just putting the grommets right in. Does hemming the edges provide any benefit other the look of the screen?

I bought a grommet kit from Lowe's for like $12. Whole setup process should be about $30, plus the cost of my screen which is 8'x10'

I was planning on just putting the grommets right in. Does hemming the edges provide any benefit other the look of the screen?

I bought a grommet kit from Lowe's for like $12. Whole setup process should be about $30, plus the cost of my screen which is 8'x10'
    I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that hemmed edges might help when the screen is hung and stretched out. Might keep it uniform and flat or It might not even matter. Perhaps Cory can chime in on this subject.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Hemmed edges won't fray and will be more durable, just a fact of dealing with cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    Hemmed edges won't fray and will be more durable, just a fact of dealing with cloth.
    Thanks Northgolf.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Hem it if you can. I love my screen. i doubled it up with my old screen and love the visuals as well as the lower impact noise. I'll post pics next week.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Guys,

Sorry about the delayed response - I'm still on the injured list and having a hard time typing.

Anyways, yes the screen is best if it is hemmed and then grommeted - prevents rips in the material. ALSO, be sure to mount the screen using bungee cords or bungee rope, as cable ties and solid rope may put too much strain on the screen material and rip over time.

Hope that helps - but feel free to call me at 1-877-417-2161 if anyone has any other questions.

PS: I have changed the material to be sold by the linear foot so that it all goes out in 10' 6" by whatever length that you want - there was a lot of confusion about the per square foot price and it was taking way too much time and waste to cut it down to that size. The price is still extremely cost effective though

Keep your eye on the ball (and on your knife ),
    Cory

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    Sorry, newbie question here but what exactly should the materials for a impact screen be made of? For example, those commercial or high end screens, what is the material? The reason I ask is because of picture quality. I've made my own home theater screen using materials similar to blackout cloth. It's just fabric with a painted surface which provides better PQ compared to just any white fabric. It also seems pretty durable but I don't know if it will take the full impact of a real golf ball. I would like to purchase the best screen material at a reasonable cost but noticing many members getting HD projectors while using materials with questionable PQ. Kind of defeats the purpose of the HD projector and money could be saved by going with a lesser quality projector or simply upgrading the screen material to get the full HD effect.

Quote Originally Posted by espresso View Post
    Sorry, newbie question here but what exactly should the materials for a impact screen be made of? For example, those commercial or high end screens, what is the material? The reason I ask is because of picture quality. I've made my own home theater screen using materials similar to blackout cloth. It's just fabric with a painted surface which provides better PQ compared to just any white fabric. It also seems pretty durable but I don't know if it will take the full impact of a real golf ball. I would like to purchase the best screen material at a reasonable cost but noticing many members getting HD projectors while using materials with questionable PQ. Kind of defeats the purpose of the HD projector and money could be saved by going with a lesser quality projector or simply upgrading the screen material to get the full HD effect.
    Good question. Maybe bubba22 chime in on this topic. I'm planning on upgrading my screen and will probably go with the material from Par2pro.

The exact material in some high end sims is not clear. The ususal material would be a Cordura of some sort. I initially had a cordura with a seam but since have gone to Cory's (Par2pro) HQ impact screen and I am very, very happy. The material is well priced, projects the image very well and withstands a golf ball well and quiet. Highly recommended.

Bubba22,

How much light does your HQ screen allow to pass through, if any?

Not much for me as I have a double layer. i had a company sew my new impact screen onto my old screen to double up the screen. Very little light passes and it looks and sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Not much for me as I have a double layer. i had a company sew my new impact screen onto my old screen to double up the screen. Very little light passes and it looks and sounds great.
    Thanks bubba22,

Have you watched BlueRays with it? How does it look?

I have it hooked to my computer and have watched 720p movies from the computer and it looks really nice. I have not watched a 1080 blueray yet but I am sure it woill look very nice.

I have it hooked to my computer and have watched 720p movies from the computer and it looks really nice. I have not watched a 1080 blueray yet but I am sure it woill look very nice.
    I have the $300 CDG impact screen and I do see some light getting through the screen. Optishot/GSA golf looks great on it and BlueRays looks good but not great. Contrast is good but black level appears to have suffered a little. I kinda expected it since it's more of an impact screen.

Any way you can put something behind it to keep the light from going through?

Any way you can put something behind it to keep the light from going through?
    I don't know. I think I would have to put it right up against it you did. Once the light gets through, it's lost.

I'll have to upgrade to the HQ screen.

What I did was buy the HQ screen raw material and used my old impact screen as a second backing layer. Easy to get someone to sew them together.

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    After reading these threads, I made the dive to placed my order for Corey's HQ impact screen. I also needed a projector so I went with an Epson PowerLite 8350. Hope it turns out great!

Quote Originally Posted by pboon View Post
    After reading these threads, I made the dive to placed my order for Corey's HQ impact screen. I also needed a projector so I went with an Epson PowerLite 8350. Hope it turns out great!
    Did your research show anything about Epson 8000's premature bulb blow-out? They might have switch bulb suppliers.

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone have thoughts on creating a pull down impact screen? Like if I were to use a manual pull down projector screen and used foam golf balls? My setup would be in the garage and it would be great if it was easily "folded" away when not in use. I'm sure the screen material is thin but I was wondering if reinforcing it would work as an impact screen?

Sand Wedge pboon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMax View Post
    Did your research show anything about Epson 8000's premature bulb blow-out? They might have switch bulb suppliers.

No I did not know there were bulb issues. I decided to change my initial order to an Epson 8700UB.

Sand Wedge ProTee is on a distinguished road ProTee's Avatar
    @bubba22

What's the 'bounce' factor of this new screen you have? When you hit is with a driver, how far does the ball land from the screen?
    Visit our website for more details on our Golf Simulator products (http://www.protee-united.com).

There defenitely is a bounce factor. The Impact screen is the hq screen from Cory at Par2pro. I have modified it by adding a second layer of cordura behind to soften the blow and keep the ball from sprqaying. It is hung with bunji cords from a frame and netting on the side. I would say that there is still bounce from the screen of probably a foot or more. Depends on the angle the ball hits the screen but in general I am happy with the response of the ball on the screen.

Sand Wedge ProTee is on a distinguished road ProTee's Avatar
    A foot would be acceptable.
    Visit our website for more details on our Golf Simulator products (http://www.protee-united.com).

It is acceptable. it can fly farther if hit on the right angle however in general the bounce is low.

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    Zmax, Bubba - I also have the screen from CDG and am getting light through it as well as I look from the back side of my cage.

Do you guys know if the HQ screen from Cory is better / different material?

Not sure js10 as I don't know what the CDG impact screen is like. If there is light coming through, maybe try putting something behing the screen. I used my old impact screen and had a Tent and Awning store sew it together. With that there is very little if any see through plus the impact is quite nice. Maybe try an old white comforter or something like that behind before you buy another one? All in all I have Cory's hq impact screen and am very happy with it.

Thread Information