CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Impact screen

7 Iron shoot4one is on a distinguished road
    Santiago, at 4 meters away, when you hit your driver how far does it bounce back? How big is your screen? Did you install it as Foresight suggested?

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    My screen is 4,2 meters wide and 2,9 meters high. Its exacty the same size as the ones you see in Coreys videos from the PGA show, since i took one of those they had for backup;

Bounce is not an issue, maybe 1,5/2 meters with driver. Intalled with a local guy who did a few modifications to the room and put the steel frames for the net.

Santiago, I thought you said you had the Foresight screen?

Yes I do....

Ok, I was confused when you said you bought it from Cory. Hope to have mine up soon and I hope it works as well as yours and not as bad as thegolfer.

I bought it at the PGA show in Orlando on January. Is the same screen and size as the ones you can see in Coreys videos from the PGA show 2012.

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    I liked Corys screen, but i would also like to try a screen that stays flat, with no wrinkles, like the standard home theater ones, is it possible? How?

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    Just got the time to sew Cory's HQ, nearly up.

Thought with the Bungee tension it would not have wrinkles.

It is a while since I looked but I thought it could be ironed or steamed?

7 Iron MICHO54321 is on a distinguished road
    Thks CPA, nut the wrinkles i am talking about are from the bungies tension, not because it was folded.

bcgc0918
    Hello all, Happy Thanksgiving!

I was swimming through this thread looking for any information on how to wash my HQ screen from Cory. When I was rudely interrupted by my lovely wife and she informed me that the turkey was not going to cook itself. So my search is over and time to just ask for help.

Thanks in advance this place is so helpful.

PS: the new Protee is getting close to ready for an online match.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Good for you bcgc! I haven't washed my screen yet but was hoping to throw it in the regular washing machine. If not, then will probably use a commercial laundry mat. Beyond that, a dry cleaning establishment.

It is getting to be time for online play again now that the weather is turning for the worse. Make sure you follow Zmaxs' instructions in the ProTee online thread. PM one of us when you are ready to try it out. Zmax has a teamspeak server setup if you want to yell and scream when you play! Otherwise, you can type messages when you play. Make sure to download and install the quickupdate file listed in that thread.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

Just a couple of notes on the HQ screen:

1. To get the ripples out of the screen, try tensioning the screens at all four corners first. If the screen is tensioned at the bias first it will have less wrinkles. If it still persists, try putting a grommet through the bottom corners (or velcro strip) and bungee it directly to the floor.

2. As for the cleaning & maintenance, check out the pdf: http://www.par2pro.com/downloads/HQ_...structions.pdf

I tested out a steamer while the screen was mounted and ended up causing a pucker because the steamer streched the screen out (you can see it in some of my videos), so please BE CAREFUL when steaming.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US and Happy Grey Cup weekend to all in Canada!

Cheers,
    Cory

bcgc0918
    Thanks for the info.

And just let me say that the screen is still in perfect condition after an entire year of use. you can barely see some spots from dusty balls (sorry I am not a good duster). That thing got a good test as we play at least 4 nights a week with a 3-4 players. and on the weekend we play at least 72 holes per day with it so it got used and abused. One of the guys I play with hits it 300+ with a club speed of 110 -120. And we use real golf balls for every shot. Thanks for suggesting it, it has been money well spent.

I will try it with dish soap as suggested.

I hung mine with 5 grommets on top and weaving a long bungee and pulling it tight to the top pole. And one on each side in the middle and one near the bottom at about 12" I have no wrinkles or puckers. One I get it back up I will see about posting pictures of my set up.

No problems, thanks for the post. I always love hearing how the screens are being used. I had one that I used in my garage and then on tradeshows - about 5 years of abuse and then sold it off as I moved to a house with a bigger area. I think the customer who bought the used one is still using it!

I look forward to seeing the pictures

Hybrid mathman is on a distinguished road
    Will have a screen soon, and debating how to attach top and sides. The screen will have grommets 12" OC. Ceiling and walls are wood, and screen sides will be apox 6" from walls. Screen can be mounted permutably, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest using bungees through the grommets and attaching it to slotted angle iron mounted to the side walls.

You can pickup the slotted angle iron at your local home depot:
    US: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/crown-b...gle-18250.html
    Canada: http://www.homedepot.ca/product/papc...gle-gal/955688

Hope that helps,
    Cory

Putter educ8r is on a distinguished road
    I'm a newbie here and I have been reading posts on here for about the past week and figured I needed to join for some advice I couldn't find. I am thinking about making the purchase on the Optishot, but I have some questions about the screen. I apologize if I missed this throughout the readings....

I plan on setting this up in my garage and I am only going to use the "almost real golfballs."
    1. This may be a silly question, but would the "ar balls" break through a regular projection screen?
    2. Has anyone tried the back part of vinyl? If so, did/will it work? I say the back because it would create less glare with the projection picture.
    3. Has anyone tried suede fabric? If so did/will that work?

I will be using a projector so it would need to give off a decent picture. Or my last option for now would be to buy a white net to put in front of the screen to "save it."

I know these ways are "cheap" but for the time being I want to make sure I enjoy the Optishot and I am waiting to get a new job before putting down a few hundred additional dollars on an impact screen.

Thanks in advance for your help. I know this thread is old and may be becoming redundent. I just started getting more interested in the sport last year. I am not wanting to become a professional, but have fun and get better in the process.

Do your golf game a favor and use real balls with an impact screen. Buy raw HQ and sew it yourself.

Is that what everyone is buying from Cory? Sewing isn't an issue. What kind of cost is that?

Go to par2pro shop. Plug in screen width including 1 foot for sewing. Price will magically appear........

Hey educ8r,

1. This may be a silly question, but would the "ar balls" break through a regular projection screen?
    - yes

2. Has anyone tried the back part of vinyl? If so, did/will it work? I say the back because it would create less glare with the projection picture.
    - yes, it is possible to use with foam balls and possibly Almost Golf balls, but real balls will break through it (it is also extremely loud!)

3. Has anyone tried suede fabric? If so did/will that work?
    - yes, again - it is possible to use with foam balls and possibly Almost Golf balls, but real balls will break through it (it is also extremely loud!)

This all depends on the type of vinyl or suede as there are many variances of each. I would suggest that anything that you try, be sure to put another backstop behind it just in case it blows through it.

I will be using a projector so it would need to give off a decent picture. Or my last option for now would be to buy a white net to put in front of the screen to "save it."
    - while that is possible, you will end up getting shadows from the netting which messes up the picture (unless you can do rear projection)

I know these ways are "cheap" but for the time being I want to make sure I enjoy the Optishot and I am waiting to get a new job before putting down a few hundred additional dollars on an impact screen.
    - try a really cheap bed sheet and then add a second one or plywood in behind it just in case

Alternatively, I do sell the material that I found that works the best:
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...products_id=98

If you are unable to sew it yourself, we can finish it for you, but then it gets rather expensive (as we use a very high quality finishing company that does an amazing job without getting the screen dirty and we also back it):
    http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...products_id=99

Hope that helps!
    Cory

Thanks for the replies guys! I will hopefully be ordering from you soon. The impact screen is the way I want to go. Need to save a few bucks first. I'm looking to get an 8x9 screen so those dimensions you sell will work great.

No problems - happy to help

Sand Wedge Dawggolf is on a distinguished road
    Do I still need a Net behind the screen? What is downside to building frame out of wood and using eye hooks to attach the screen?

no net if using HQ screen.

is the setup permanent?

what are the walls made of? .....wooden studs behind plaster /brick etc.

is the screen going to go from one wall to the other?

Sand Wedge Dawggolf is on a distinguished road
    The studs will be connected to support walls for my house. Unfinished 2x4s. Yes one wall to other inside of the side walls. Set up is permanent.

Lob Wedge sliceanddice is on a distinguished road
    I haven't done the math on launch angles but would something like a few folded quilts two feet or so in front of the ball work? I already have a good screen for my home theatre.

Bogie Libbing is on a distinguished road Libbing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawggolf View Post
    The studs will be connected to support walls for my house. Unfinished 2x4s. Yes one wall to other inside of the side walls. Set up is permanent.
    I use a wood frame (2x4s attached to walls) in a permanent setup without a problem. Use angle irons rather than eye hooks. Easier to attach, more options for affixing the bungees at more intervals, etc.

Here are a couple of pics of the HQ screen setup using angle iron without and with a cover over the mounting area. In this particular setup we had to use two 2x4's between the bulkhead and the floor to create a frame. The 2x4's were later covered with draping. Hope that helps.

HQ-AngleIron.jpg
    HQ-AngleIron-Finished.jpg

Asics
    That looks really nice, Cory. Did you do anything to protect side walls or the ceiling?

Thread Information