+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Impact screen

Need a Caddy TheGolfer is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Foresight just came with a cheaper hitting screen alternative. It was used at the Fujikura booth for the Orlando PGA Show. Here is a pic with some Long Drivers hitting into it, they where hitting it over 400yds, and the ball just died there. The net was not as tight as the one in the Foresight booth, and pic was not as good but still very decent. It is a cheaper alternative tough, and it had vitually no bounce back.

curiuos if its the pr-20 from west coast netting. i know they have been in conversations with them and looking to switch. wasn't sure that happened yet. they are aware of the textiline hard plastic having big rebound in some cases. if it is the same product just buy direct to get better customer service.

Pitching Wedge Santiago is on a distinguished road
    I have no idea if its the same product, but it might be. I did hit balls in both the Fuji and Foresight booth, and didnt notice a rebound issue in either netting, and I hit everyhting rom wedge to drive at the Foresight booth. In fact i got one of the Foresight screens after the show ended, but I havent installed it yet, hopefully will work just as well as in Orlando.

if its the older textiline plastic like material screen they had rebound issues which is known to industry. they don't have it when its installed in their hitting bay enclosure that is $7k. some users don't always experience but quite a few do.

good luck.

I'll let you know how it goes, as soon as its up. I have no idea if its a new material or the old one, but it was the one used at the booth, since it was the size I was looking for anyway, and it worked great during the show.

Lob Wedge jwright is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGolfer View Post
    curiuos if its the pr-20 from west coast netting. i know they have been in conversations with them and looking to switch. wasn't sure that happened yet. they are aware of the textiline hard plastic having big rebound in some cases. if it is the same product just buy direct to get better customer service.
    west coast netting indicated to me that there would be a seam at the bottom of the screen if i wanted it larger than 8 feet. By looking at this picture it appears that it has a seam 6 inches from the bottom so it might be a screen from them.

Yes, the one at the Fuji booth has a seam at the bottom...

TheGolfer, in the pic above there is alot of sagging in the middle of the screen. How did you design your screen to avoid that problem?

just looked at the picture again. can't tell from the distance but the older foresight screen textiline product was more of a harder plastic like material. made small ball marks on almost every hit but not large impact waves.

it could be the pr-20 they switched to from westcoastnetting. learned from trackman reps that it was well known in industry after i bought it that the foresight textiline screen had a severe rebound problem. i know they were in discussions for the pr-20. my pr-20 does get stretched almost like the picture after a session with balls. when done i just wave my hand throught he fabric to try to straighten out. its an impact panel. that's why i said its good for the sim or practice net but HD movies are not the best because the waves do show up. the textiline was better for HD movies but just couldn't hit balls because they rebounded at your head. still enjoyable for hd just not the best. my priority is the sim for now and frankly i am tired of spending money on this setup. looking at eventually getting a seperate screen from da-lite using their raw material for a cinema screen down the road depending on how the pr-20 lasts. if it doesn't change much over time then won't get the second screen.

having said that though it doesn't look like the sides near bottom are pulled firm. mine i used zip ties that pull the screen right up to the angle iron. actually moved to the 75 pound zip ties versus the small ones since the smaller ones snapped a couple times. so i have the top and sides pulled very tight. bottom is not connected.

yes they have a seem over 8 feet for pr-20. my screen and image is 8x14. i have the seem just at the corner of the floor. i dont even see it. depends on your screen height.

i am assuming the fabric will stretch out over time. in hind site perhaps a way to better manage it is get it a little shorter on the sides to leave a gap. then over time if it stretches redo the zip ties but pull a little tighter each time. repeat as needed?

heard almost all screens if not all have some type of puckering since the balls are going pretty darn quick hitting the fabric. that's why i like my two screen idea, each one is suite best for its own application. the pr-20 and getting raw material from da-lite for cinema quality screens would cost almost as much as what foresight was charging for the screen.

good luck

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I believe bungee cords should be used instead of zip ties. Just from an engineering standpoint, the transfer of energy from screen tension to connection point on a bungee would be absorbed somewhat whereas the zip tie would not stretch any to alleviate some energy from the grommet/screen, and you'll wear down your screen much, much faster. Cory pointed to this in an earlier post, maybe in this thread.

Even a tight bungee (not CRAZY tight) will help leaps and bounds over a rigid setup. Just something to consider.
    Last edited by goatbarn; 02-07-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: grammar

appreciate the insight. didn't think about the long term wear on making the screens tight.

4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    what size grommets are you all using?? I see westcoastnetting has two listed. Is there any benfit to going with the larger ones??? I's likely be going the zip tie route so I would assume the smaller ones be a better fit, but???

i went with the larger ones. no particular reason outside of just having more room for more options to connect. web border.

almost everyone does the bronze plated grommets. do big deal but see if they also have them in black. they would blend in with the black surround webbing more. this isn't against the pr-20 since i think almost everyone uses the same ones. again, no big deal. if you are using zip ties take a look at the 75lb weighted. i used the thinner / smaller ones at first but a couple popped since i made it tighter and then replaced them all with the 75lb'rs and it holds up nice.

4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    thanks for the info

bdbck
    Has anyone compared the PR20 to westcoastnetting's Archery-W-Archery netting for picture quality??
    I have recently purchased this netting since I didn't want any seams....
    I find the picture quality is acceptable, and was significantly improved with placing white bedsheets behind the netting to both improve picture quality and trap any ambient light from behind.
    The ball drops dead. In my mind worth any loss in picture quality from a mesh product.

Just recieved mine in mail. Amazing for under $200 I got the Pr-20 screen (12'x8') with all gromments and seamed sides. Looks perfect for a golf simulator in my opinion, but I havn't tested it yet. Hopefully soon though looks like an early spring in Canada

also curious if anyone has tried their archery netting.

Andisblue
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbck View Post
    I find the picture quality is acceptable, and was significantly improved with placing white bedsheets behind the netting to both improve picture quality and trap any ambient light from behind
    How do you attach the bed sheet?is there a gap bn the 2?

bdbck
    I just draped it immediately behind the net....punctured small holes in the sheet and used zip ties to hang 2 king size sheets since my net is 10' x 12'....

Andisblue
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbck View Post
    I just draped it immediately behind the net....punctured small holes in the sheet and used zip ties to hang 2 king size sheets since my net is 10' x 12'....
    Are you saying that you're using the archery net? Or the pr-20

bdbck
    I'm using westcoastnetting's Archery-W-Archery netting, which from what I understand has slightly smaller holes than the Archery-Golf netting that they carry. I have also seen this type of netting being used in some retail golf stores for their sims. In one location they had draped a sheet like material in front of the netting which might even work better. The reason I draped it behind was one bedsheet was not large enough, so I draped 2 sheets with some overlap.

7 Iron shoot4one is on a distinguished road

Curtain material

What material is your curtains? Canvas? Velour? How much did they cost? I need three panels made for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by colinls View Post
    I just finished my golf sim and found a impact screen I am happy with. It is from netting masters and is $3.75/sq ft. they cut it to your specs and hem and place grommets, they made it 2 inches short for me as they made a larger hem to place a weighted chain and didn't acct for the length loss. It is thick and appears very durable. I hit real golf balls from about 8 feet away and they only bounce a foot at the most. I have it hanging on a ceiling curtain rail with a black stage curtain behind it and on the sides instead of a net, (it is the middle of my garage and I wanted to block light). I got the curtain and rails from Chicago Canvas, custom cut, hemmed and grommets. The white impact screen is a thick tight mesh so some light may go thru, I have never checked. The image is very bright though. Here is the link.
    http://nettingmasters.com/asccustomp...=6&navParent=0
    Like many people on this site I spent a lot of time trying to find something to work in my area and most stock systems don't fit in the average garage or basement. It was nice to find someone that sold and sized a screen for a reasonable price. Mine is about 8'8" tall x 10" wide.

I just ordered my screen from Foresight - have heard a few negative reviews about it - have you had any issudes with the bounce back? How far from the screen are you hitting? Interesting to hear you say it already has indentations in it with so little use, these things get TONS of balls hit into them in a commercial application and I would of thought for home use it would last forever. Are you happy with the screen, would you order it again or get it somewhere else?

I ordered my screen about ten days ago, I guess I should try to cancel it, right? I have the exact setup you do with being 9 feet from the screen, I cant believe it shows wear so quickly. I dont want it to be an issue since we already need to call them for support on the gc2 and software, I think it would be wise to order the screen for a different vendor as to not dirty the waters complaining about their screen, you agree?

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I too use a Netting Masters custom size sceen. I've had it for a year now and its still awesome. The size was pretty close but shortened a bit when they hemmed it. The price was definitely right. My suggestion when placing an order is to add 2" to the sides when giving them your measurements.

I cancelled my screen order so I guess I need to go with Cory's screen, PR20, or Nettingmasters. I think the PR20 is out since I need it 9'6 tall and dont want a seam. My room is a dual use room for golf and media. You both say your screen is awesome, do you mean awesome for an impact screen for golf? Or awesome resolution and great picture? Or both?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Why not talk to Cory at Pr2 pro. He has many options. Many users have his HQ screen and it is durable and has a great resolution.

I bought the Foresight Screen after the PGA show in Orlando, no problemes with mine, it wass the backup screen from their booth. Not sure if its the same material as the one The Goler was using, but this one works realy well and picture quality is outstanding.

Santiago, how far from the screen are you hitting?

About 4 meters away.

7 Iron tahosrfr is on a distinguished road
    I use a separate motorized screen that goes in front of the impact screen for movies. I wouldn't like Netting Master impact screen for movie quality, but for golf sim the display is very nice.

Thread Information