100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impact screen

Hybrid View

Pitching Wedge espresso is on a distinguished road
    Sorry, newbie question here but what exactly should the materials for a impact screen be made of? For example, those commercial or high end screens, what is the material? The reason I ask is because of picture quality. I've made my own home theater screen using materials similar to blackout cloth. It's just fabric with a painted surface which provides better PQ compared to just any white fabric. It also seems pretty durable but I don't know if it will take the full impact of a real golf ball. I would like to purchase the best screen material at a reasonable cost but noticing many members getting HD projectors while using materials with questionable PQ. Kind of defeats the purpose of the HD projector and money could be saved by going with a lesser quality projector or simply upgrading the screen material to get the full HD effect.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by espresso View Post
    Sorry, newbie question here but what exactly should the materials for a impact screen be made of? For example, those commercial or high end screens, what is the material? The reason I ask is because of picture quality. I've made my own home theater screen using materials similar to blackout cloth. It's just fabric with a painted surface which provides better PQ compared to just any white fabric. It also seems pretty durable but I don't know if it will take the full impact of a real golf ball. I would like to purchase the best screen material at a reasonable cost but noticing many members getting HD projectors while using materials with questionable PQ. Kind of defeats the purpose of the HD projector and money could be saved by going with a lesser quality projector or simply upgrading the screen material to get the full HD effect.
    Good question. Maybe bubba22 chime in on this topic. I'm planning on upgrading my screen and will probably go with the material from Par2pro.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    The exact material in some high end sims is not clear. The ususal material would be a Cordura of some sort. I initially had a cordura with a seam but since have gone to Cory's (Par2pro) HQ impact screen and I am very, very happy. The material is well priced, projects the image very well and withstands a golf ball well and quiet. Highly recommended.

Bubba22,

How much light does your HQ screen allow to pass through, if any?

Not much for me as I have a double layer. i had a company sew my new impact screen onto my old screen to double up the screen. Very little light passes and it looks and sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Not much for me as I have a double layer. i had a company sew my new impact screen onto my old screen to double up the screen. Very little light passes and it looks and sounds great.
    Thanks bubba22,

Have you watched BlueRays with it? How does it look?

I have it hooked to my computer and have watched 720p movies from the computer and it looks really nice. I have not watched a 1080 blueray yet but I am sure it woill look very nice.

Thread Information