CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from PEI

Putter PEI Golfer is on a distinguished road

Hello from PEI

Hey everyone I just wanted to say hello and post an introduction. I work with golf PEI and manage their social media marketing. I'll be checking in from time to time and can answer any PEI golfing related questions! Check out my next post for info on our facebook photo contest! you could win a nike driver

3 Wood LeftyT is on a distinguished road LeftyT's Avatar
    I'm going to be in PEI from Aug 22nd till the 29th!

Any suggestions for courses? I am definitely going to book at Crowbush!

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyT View Post
    I'm going to be in PEI from Aug 22nd till the 29th!

Any suggestions for courses? I am definitely going to book at Crowbush!
    Hey LeftyT, definitely Crowbush as it is our signature course, I would also suggest Dundarave or Brudenell (located in the same area-georgetown), Green Gables (located in cavendish), Fox meadow (located 5 minutes east of Charlottetown) Glasgow Hills and Eagles Glenn (located in Cavendish).

These are just a few suggestions, to see a complete list of our course check out www.golfpei.ca

We can also book golf as well as stay and play packages by calling 1-866-465-3734

Also dont forget to submit a photo to our photo contest with a chance to win a nike driver! (unfortunately our deadline is Aug 16 so it won't be one from your PEI vacation) http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/48087

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Save your money and forget Crowbush. There are equivalent courses for far less money. Glasgow Hills and Cavendish are awesome courses as is Anderson's Creek. However the hidden jewel of PEI golf IMO is Mill River which is where The Big Break was played.

If you do decide to play Crowbush do yourself a favor and play it from the tips otherwise it is an average course albeit with spectacular views.

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar
    Hacker couldn't be more wrong...I am from PEI and a must play is Crowbush, you ask any local and other PEI course owners ( who I wont name ) and its no comparison....It was top 5 at one point in all courses in Canada.

When the wild is howling it is tough, number 11 might be the toughest Par 5 in PEI....

Glasgow is great, and Green Gables had some reno's and is #2 I would say on the island. Mill River is not in the top 5.......old tradional course....but not a must play by any means.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Save your money and forget Crowbush. There are equivalent courses for far less money. Glasgow Hills and Cavendish are awesome courses as is Anderson's Creek. However the hidden jewel of PEI golf IMO is Mill River which is where The Big Break was played.

If you do decide to play Crowbush do yourself a favor and play it from the tips otherwise it is an average course albeit with spectacular views.

You know what they say about opinions eh Going low??

For the record I'm an Islander too and the vast majority of Islanders who are golfers will agree that for the money there are many courses that are ahead of Crowbush. It's become a cash grab course.

To say that Mill River isn't in the Top 5 on the Island must mean the you are from Charlottetown or further east

Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    Hacker couldn't be more wrong...I am from PEI and a must play is Crowbush, you ask any local and other PEI course owners ( who I wont name ) and its no comparison....It was top 5 at one point in all courses in Canada.

When the wild is howling it is tough, number 11 might be the toughest Par 5 in PEI....

Glasgow is great, and Green Gables had some reno's and is #2 I would say on the island. Mill River is not in the top 5.......old tradional course....but not a must play by any means.......

Any good deals while I'm out there??? One site has a deal for 220plus tax for 3 rounds of golf...one at the following...crowbush, dundarave, brudnell river and mill river.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Smile Crowbush

Just wanted to ad my two cents. I have had the pleasure of playing on the Island twice and hope to go back one day. I do not know the prices of Crowbush these days but it is a must play and it is to me ahead of Mill River. The only course on the Island that we have played and did not like to much was Belvedere Lori Kane's home course. It is still nice but it is a little below the top choices on the island.

6 Iron Keithsguy is on a distinguished road Keithsguy's Avatar

I have played golf on the Island for many years and have never had a bad experience. Played (and suffered) Crowbush but loved it. Stayed at Mill River and had a great experience. IMHO, if you have a short time on the Island, stay local and play alot of great courses (Green Gables, Anderson, Eagles Glenn, Glasgow Hills) in the Summerside and Charlottetown area. If you want to take a drive to experience a great course on the Island, on the ocean, and price doesn't matter - Crowbush it is.

3 Wood Shreen is on a distinguished road

Smile

Also from PEI. My $0.02, if you've never played Crowbush, the definately do it. I personally have played it dozens of times and thus I now rarely play it when visiting PEI. I would rather play Eagles Glen, Brudenell, or Andersons Creek on a value basis. As far as the tees at Crowbush you play, if its not too windy play the tips, but its a long day if the wind is howling. My usual 100yd club is a 56sandwedge. One day a few years a go I hit 5 iron from 100yds on #15. Landed pin high and spun (or blew) back off the green. That's windy. In the end there are so more quality courses you can't really go wrong. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyT View Post
    Any good deals while I'm out there??? One site has a deal for 220plus tax for 3 rounds of golf...one at the following...crowbush, dundarave, brudnell river and mill river.

Hey LeftyT, if you are looking to play 3 or 4 rounds at some of the best courses available, Golf Links PEI (manage the 4 provincial course: Dundarave, Mill River, brudenell and Crowbush) has the 3 and 4 course specials. I think that is what you were referring to. For more details call Golf Links at 1-800-235-8909 or check out www.golfinkspei.com

Anderson's Creek and Green Gables also have a deal if you play both course as they are operated by the same company. You can call them at 1-866-886-4422.

Cheers,

Alastair

Bogie GoingLow is on a distinguished road GoingLow's Avatar

Pei

There you have it Hacker......Crowbush on everyone's list...at the Top Spot....I am not a massive fan of paying 100 $ or more for a round of golf anywhere as I play alot and dont feel most courses should charge that....In O Town we have to pay 100 for Eagle, Hunt, Royal, are they worth it.....yes...is Crowbush worth ( 120 with cart I paid in June ) ABSOLUTELY!!!! in no way is this a cash grab.....head to Scotland and Ireland and similar courses are 300 bones.....

BTW - the only 3 courses last time I checked on Canada's Top 100 from PEI are Crowbsuh, Brudenell, Dundarave.....Green Gables after the reno's is as good as these.... so maybe Mill River cracks the top 5....if you are from there I guess?????????

Quote Originally Posted by GoingLow View Post
    There you have it Hacker......Crowbush on everyone's list...at the Top Spot....I am not a massive fan of paying 100 $ or more for a round of golf anywhere as I play alot and dont feel most courses should charge that....In O Town we have to pay 100 for Eagle, Hunt, Royal, are they worth it.....yes...is Crowbush worth ( 120 with cart I paid in June ) ABSOLUTELY!!!! in no way is this a cash grab.....head to Scotland and Ireland and similar courses are 300 bones.....

BTW - the only 3 courses last time I checked on Canada's Top 100 from PEI are Crowbsuh, Brudenell, Dundarave.....Green Gables after the reno's is as good as these.... so maybe Mill River cracks the top 5....if you are from there I guess?????????

Obviously it isn't on top of everyone's list, because it doesn't top mine and in reading some of the other posts, it doesn't top other's list either.......but I digress.

What makes it a cash grab is that it is $120. PEI isn't Ottawa and they shouldn't be looking to get that kind of money for any course on the Island. Now don't get me wrong, Crowbush is a great course but I'm sure that after playing it ONCE, there aren't many people that would choose to play it over any number of other Island courses that are just as good and far cheaper.

As for my preference of Mill River over Crowbush, I prefer a mature parkland style course over a links style course every time, it has nothing to do with where I'm from because as a Summerside native you'll never hear me talk about the virtues of my original home course

Putter slik67 is on a distinguished road
    I've played Brudenell, Dundarave and Crowbush and they are all beautiful courses. If you want to play a course that is truly stunning visually, then you should try Dundarave...the red sand is very unique. Take a cart though there...some extremely long walks between holes.

I am heading to the Island later this month and will be playing 1 round at Brudenell, and 3 at Crowbush. I'm paying $90 for the rounds at Crowbush...not bad really. It is a fun course to play, and plays completely different if the wind is blowin' which I fully expect it to be.

Any comments about Fox Meadows? Glasgow Hills? Eagles Glenn? Green Gables?

THANKS!

I'd rate those four like this:

1. Green Gables
    2. Glasgow Hills
    3. Eagles Glenn
    4. Fox Meadows

Not much between Gables, Glasgow and Eagles......Gables gets my nod because it is more mature.

Fox Meadows is a nice course but a slight bit below IMO

Lob Wedge Muligan is on a distinguished road Muligan's Avatar
    As an Island golfer, I can tell you most of us leave Crowbush to the tourists. It is well conditioned with nice views, but you can find nice views anywhere on PEI, so that means little to us.

On a windy day, it is foolishly tough, unless you like standing with a driver in your hand with an all-carry shot over white-capped water to small green. Of course, the wind is directly in your face with the salt water bouncing off your rain gear and touque. I have found it sends most golfers games into a downward spiral.

Green Gables is well conditioned and never busy. The price is a bit steep, but the location gives you a chance to play while the rest of the family is down the road on the beach. Anderson's Creek is OK, but their greens have not been up to par this year. Glasgow Hills have great fairways with the ball sitting up. Greens are good, too but the movement can seem a bit much at times. Forget Fox Meadow, unless you like going around in circles and get bored easily.

Eagles Glenn is a great round and Belvedere GC in Ch'town is close, convenient and challenging. Brudenell is my favourite and Dundarave is empty most of the time but worth playing once.
    "Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you."
    -Anonymous

Par tyorke1 is on a distinguished road
    Al the talk and no Avondale, best value on the island, great golf course , place is empty, bugs are bad but there bad at alot of places. my top five, Dundarave, crowbush, mill river from the back, avondale, green gables if they wil ever cut the greens, great layout but they like slow greens.

Lob Wedge Muligan is on a distinguished road Muligan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyorke1 View Post
    Al the talk and no Avondale, best value on the island, great golf course , place is empty, bugs are bad but there bad at alot of places. my top five, Dundarave, crowbush, mill river from the back, avondale, green gables if they wil ever cut the greens, great layout but they like slow greens.
    Grass hasn't been growing for almost a month, so cutting greens does little. I agree most days Green Gales greens seem like velcro, but one day last week when Andersons was closed, the greens at Gables were very fast.

Slow greens on a tourist course is a good thing, because it speeds up play. But as most days at Gables the course is empty, so pace of play is of no concern.

But, you are right about Avondale from what I hear. I have heard it is a beautifully manicured spot, but haven't played there this year.

BTW I hope Welton went easy on you in your match play at Anderson's Creek (I am the guy who was kidding around kissing my bicep after my huge bomb on 18 the other day).
    "Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you."
    -Anonymous

Thread Information