CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too funny...

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

Too funny...

I took the attached picture at GolfTown today. The bilingual wording on the Golf Launchpad is hilarious - check out the translation below the "Launchpad is terrific" quote. I'm not strong in French, but I still don't think "Terrible" means terrific in French. Even if it does, the literal interpretation in english is still funny!
    Attached Images

1 Iron kekchose12 is on a distinguished road
    The translation is actually not bad at all. If you ask somebody "Comment ca va" and you get a "pas terrible" as a reply, it means that the person is not doing so great. I agree that "terrific" and "terrible" on the next line is quite funny

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Well, especially since the launchpad is recognized as being pretty terrible in comparison to the DD or other systems, it is funny!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kekchose12 View Post
    The translation is actually not bad at all. If you ask somebody "Comment ca va" and you get a "pas terrible" as a reply, it means that the person is not doing so great. I agree that "terrific" and "terrible" on the next line is quite funny
    Pas terrible would mean not bad.... so terrible means awful....
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Putter he4dhuntr is on a distinguished road
    Actually, "Terrible!" could be seen as a good thing, but I agree the translation could've been much better.

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    "Terrible" (as used in the context of the translation on the box) is interpreted in Québec as meaning ''awesome'' (I think Ding et Dong were the first to use it as such). There was a Pepsi advertisement in Québec in the 90s where the actor would say something like ''Pepsi, c'est terrible!''. Of course, many people would agree with the literal translation on that issue
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Thread Information