+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood hackzaw is on a distinguished road

Not Making a Single Par

Just had our club championship. My one buddy played the final day with this other guy, who's an 8 handicap. He didn't make a single par all day long! And, no, he didn't shoot 60 something with all birdies and bogies. He didn't have anything better than a bogie.

Would you convert your golf clubs into a killer BBQ set if you didn't card a single par and you were an 8 handicap in the last round of the Club?

Seriously, can an 8 handicap not make a single par in an entire round of golf?

(and $^#^%&, if you read this board, I think you're a swell guy - I just can't believe you didn't get a par all day!)

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    That's what we call a "bad day".
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

3 Wood hackzaw is on a distinguished road
    You can say that again.

One other comment from my buddy. This guy had a makable birdie putt on one hole that he three whacked from. Talk about bad day!

I'm still in disbelief.

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    That's what makes this game so amazing...IMO.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    3 weeks ago I went from not being able to shoot over 80, I took a few tips to get my driver going, my drivers now on a rope but i cant hit an iron to save my life, ive gone from a 6.6 to an 8.3 in less then 2 weeks go figure that.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I think it would be very rare for me to play a round where I don't make par (assuming its a standard course and not ridiculously hard and where I have to play from the tips), although I can see it happening. I'd have to have a complete technique and mental breakdown though, kind of like a snowball effect.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Strange things can happen in golf if you play long enough. I once shot even par and never made a par. Nine bogies and nine birdies accounted for that strange day. Better than the final score was the amount of money I made as we paid double for birdies!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

5 Wood par72 is on a distinguished road par72's Avatar
    Toronto, former and often back Ottawanian
    I was gonna call BS but then I saw the user name....not many people I'd believe had 9 birdies in a round. That must have been a hysterical scorecard

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Strange things can happen in golf if you play long enough. I once shot even par and never made a par. Nine bogies and nine birdies accounted for that strange day. Better than the final score was the amount of money I made as we paid double for birdies!
    Fairways and Greens!

It was the most bizarre round of golf I ever played with the most birdies I ever shot in one round. My brother and my brother-in-law certainly thought so! Then again, the course that we were playing on, Riverview Golf Club in Welland, Ontario, was the scene of my only double-eagle - a deuce on a par five. Golf is a very weird game.

Quote Originally Posted by par72 View Post
    I was gonna call BS but then I saw the user name....not many people I'd believe had 9 birdies in a round. That must have been a hysterical scorecard
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Better than the final score was the amount of money I made as we paid double for birdies!
    ... and I'm sure this was TOTALLY coincidental!

Of course. Luck smiled upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    ... and I'm sure this was TOTALLY coincidental!

5 Wood par72 is on a distinguished road par72's Avatar
    Toronto, former and often back Ottawanian
    Oh I believe you did it...From what I hear from some guys on the Toronto board you can REALLY golf your ball.

It is a funny and frustrating game sometimes. Didn't think I'd make more birdies then pars at the National...but didn't think I'd struggle to break 90 either.

It was the most bizarre round of golf I ever played with the most birdies I ever shot in one round. My brother and my brother-in-law certainly thought so! Then again, the course that we were playing on, Riverview Golf Club in Welland, Ontario, was the scene of my only double-eagle - a deuce on a par five. Golf is a very weird game.
    Fairways and Greens!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    He definitely can golf his ball. He was a member at my club here for many years. There was only one guy at the club who could give him a competitive game.

Loved the grunt. Come home soon and bring the purse!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    I'm a 6 handicap, and was lucky enough to play Carnoustie in Scotland last year. I know why they call it 'Car-Nasty'. I made 16 bogies, one par and I double bogied 18 (after I hit in the burn short of the green when trying to lay up short of it). I had 2 goals that day: break 90 and score better than Vandevelde did on the 18th holem(he made a triple bogey 7). I doubled 18 for an 89 (par was 71). My one par was on a 245 yard par 3. Although I made one par - it was a 30 foot putt from the fringe, so I can honestly say that going one round as a sub-10 handicap and not making a par is possible. I know Carnoustie is not your typical course (for sure the most difficult I have ever played), but it is possible.

bbad
    Can't say I've had 9 birdies and no pars, but a few years ago as a 4 handicap I shot 76 with 8 birdies, 8 bogies and 2 doubles. My distance control with the putter was BRUTAL that day.

To add insult to injury, I tried to intentionally miss my long birdie putt on 18 to card a par and somehow put it in the hole. Our pro saw the putt and was happy to see me make it. When I almost broke my putter, he burst out laughing.

Stupid game!!!!

So yes it's possible for a sub 10 handicapp to not get a single par.

Isn't this game great? Super playing Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Quote Originally Posted by bbad View Post
    Can't say I've had 9 birdies and no pars, but a few years ago as a 4 handicap I shot 76 with 8 birdies, 8 bogies and 2 doubles. My distance control with the putter was BRUTAL that day.

To add insult to injury, I tried to intentionally miss my long birdie putt on 18 to card a par and somehow put it in the hole. Our pro saw the putt and was happy to see me make it. When I almost broke my putter, he burst out laughing.

Stupid game!!!!

So yes it's possible for a sub 10 handicapp to not get a single par.

Thread Information