CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stretching

6 Iron cobra is on a distinguished road cobra's Avatar

Stretching

I'm wondering why courses don't offer a designated area for people to warm up and stretch? Maybe private courses offer something but I haven't seen any public places where they have some mats or even a stationary bike to warm up. Would be good to have some mats in the clubhouse or near the driving range instead of trying to stretch on wet grass. If I don't go thru my stretching routine before my round, I really feel tight the next day. Just a thought

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    i stretch in my basement before going out for a round of golf. i wouldn't want to be seen in public doing these poses.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/fin...ries/backbends
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    I'm wondering why courses don't offer a designated area for people to warm up and stretch? Maybe private courses offer something but I haven't seen any public places where they have some mats or even a stationary bike to warm up. Would be good to have some mats in the clubhouse or near the driving range instead of trying to stretch on wet grass. If I don't go thru my stretching routine before my round, I really feel tight the next day. Just a thought
    You're not going to see anything like this at a public facility (save for maybe a locker room) because there's no money to be made off of it.

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar
    Just wondering why you need to stretch just before you hit balls? If you stretch in the AM when you get up that should suffice, save for a few golf specific exercises, which no one would question, while you are waiting for the group ahead to tee off. Stretching should be an every day event, golf or not. Flexibility improves your quality of life regardless of your athletic interests.

Thread Information