CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar

Cheapest/Best Rate?

Looking to get out with a few buddies (from out of town) next Wednesday. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good deal out there for Golf + Cart for a non-twilight round? (10am tee-time etc). No CG or RM here.

Anything within an hour of the city, courses > Bearbrook plz

We're all headed out to Banff next month, so we're looking to try and save a few bucks, but still get a round in while they're here next week.

Thanks.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Renfrew is an hour from the city, on Wednesday you can golf in the morning for $35 walking or $46 with cart. You're not going to beat it for value, its in great shape, but it is at your distance limit.
    Andrew

Timbuktu
    Canadian is $25 after 5pm for 18...another $10 for a shared cart. I'm hoping to take advantage of that tonight.

Mountain Creek also has good twilight rates.

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbuktu View Post
    Canadian is $25 after 5pm for 18...another $10 for a shared cart. I'm hoping to take advantage of that tonight.

Mountain Creek also has good twilight rates.
    There are a bunch of good twilight offers kicking around, unfortunately due to time constraints, we have to tee off before noon. Good deal though.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Metcalfe, Casselview & Hammond have golf + cart for about $ 50 pp

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    I would highly recommend Richmond Centennial. Daytime (weekday) green fee is 29$ per person. This is a very well maintained par 67 course, with a very challenging back 9. It is also usually not too busy, so very easy to get the tee-time you want. You will not be disappointed.
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Pitching Wedge Leejanzen is on a distinguished road
    If quality really isn't a factor and you just want to get a few swings in while catching up, I'd recommend Poplar Grove. It's inexpensive and long enough to feel like a real course. It's probably the worst course I've played in Ottawa, but the price has been lower than all of those other courses too (so it's fair). I actually thought it was a relatively interesting golf experience. They have tons of trees lining narrow holes, but there is rarely any thicket under those trees, so you always have a shot out of them. Greens are slow but roll fairly true (almost surprisingly). Every time I've played there, I managed to pay about $50 with a cart.

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I've only played there maybe 2 or 3 times, but each time I was thoroughly disappointed by the amount of bugs lol

Quote Originally Posted by triple-bogey View Post
    I would highly recommend Richmond Centennial. Daytime (weekday) green fee is 29$ per person. This is a very well maintained par 67 course, with a very challenging back 9. It is also usually not too busy, so very easy to get the tee-time you want. You will not be disappointed.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    What you wanted more bugs
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

AEberhard
    If you can go on Tuesday or Thursday between 11am and 1pm it's $25 with tax at Glen mar and I think a cart is $34 for two people. If not the Canadian is $40 with shared cart during the week in prime time.

3 Wood triple-bogey is on a distinguished road triple-bogey's Avatar
    LOL! That's why I always bring my pet bat . Seriously though, was there (RC) again this morning, and I can tell you that I was disappointed this time around (first time this summer): fairways showed many signs of heat exhaustion at several spots, and they were punching-sanding some of the greens

Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    I've only played there maybe 2 or 3 times, but each time I was thoroughly disappointed by the amount of bugs lol
    Is the Pope catholic? Does a bear crap in the woods? Does Ricky Fowler wear orange on finals Sunday?

Thread Information