CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GSA software

Putter buddylee is on a distinguished road

GSA software

Can the GSA software be used with just a launch monitor like the Vector Pro? I'm just trying to get some ideas for a future home renovation and seeing what the options are. I have read quit a bit of these forums and checked out Cory's site but haven't seen anyone ask this.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Hey buddylee -

The answer is...maybe. The GSA Software is open to integration from most hardware - there's an integration toolkit developers can use (that I used to create my own interface to my Golftek device). But, most people aren't programmers so they rely on the hardware manufacturers (like P3ProSwing) to integrate their device with GSA Golf and provide the "connector". Really it depends on the specific launch monitor - you'd have to contact the Vector folks to ask if they have an integration option for GSA Golf or whether they're considering it. I know that the GC2 (another launch monitor - camera based) integrated with GSA Golf.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    RDH how does the GC2 input the ball flight for GSA when GSA does not accept spin data?

I'm not sure. I know GGS was working on changing the GSA interface to accept spin data (since they now have camera systems that measure spin), so maybe that was completed. Otherwise I'd guess that the GC2 feeds in the ball direction, speed and launch angle (as measured values) and then uses their measured spin to back-estimate the club path and face angle to feed those in to GSA Golf. Just a guess though.

Putter buddylee is on a distinguished road
    thats interesting, I found a use vector pro for a decent price and thought that it would be good enough by itself to build my sim if I could get it to work with one of these software systems. Are there any other pure software settups that I could look at?

I'm not sure. GSA Golf is unique in that it's being sold with multiple hardware systems (a developer toolkit is sold to the various companies so they can integrate their hardware with the GSA Golf software). So, it is available for several different hardware platforms. That's the only software like this that I know of. Other simulation software is generally owned by, and offered with, a single hardware vendor's product. i.e. 3DD Golf is only available from Dancin Dogg and only works with opti-shot, the software used with the AboutGolf and Full Swing systems are proprietary and only sold/usable with their hardware, etc.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    I don't think I would bother with GSA. If their time to submit a quote takes as long as it currently does, I would hate to see how long their support would take?

I spoke with Martin recently and with the GSA folks down in Florida as well. The nice thing with the system is the modularity of the sim. They are in the process of fixing some issues with the launch high speed camera. They are also developing the mx ball sensor as well as the vx vertical launch sensor. The products are not yet available but will be soon. I think they will be very good. The slow response is probably related to the fact that the products are not ready yet. They said probably in the next 6-8 weeks.

For those who have or are thinking of the p3pro and the launch camera, I have discovered that the accuracy is incredible with some minor changes. I am using the ps3eye webcam which is cheap. It is incredible and has a high fps rate (up to 60). The software driver that you can download allows for you to pick the fps rate at 30 (limit of the p3pro video software). You can't do that with the Logitech software. You also need to add more light when using this cam at that frame rate. The accuracy is simply awesome.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    I have had both ends of the spectrum with GSA - some questions are answered instantly and some take weeks or never get answered.

The key here is that Martin is the 'mad scientist' developer who is also trying to run the company. I can't imagine trying to develop / fix products, provide tech support for exisiting clients, informing new clients, dealing with resellers, doing sales and trying to own and operate a company all with little or no help.

It would be great if he could focus on the development side as I think he has the potential to put out some really great stuff. I know that he tried to have help with the business side, but it hasn't really panned out as well as he hoped.

This is one of the main reasons that I do not represent GSA anymore - however I have been in discussions with Martin to find a way to make it work.

Hope that helps!

I couldn't agree more Cory - I've thought the same thing. I think Martin is a brilliant guy, but even beyond his ridiculous workload I think he needs someone on the business side to "rein him in". It seems every few weeks a new product is showing up on the GGS website. It's like he's constantly starting new projects...and I think that prevents him from fully finishing up and polishing previous products. I think he just needs more of a business approach applied (define a product, properly develop it, fully test and release it, THEN move on to the next product once all is good) and he could be very successful in this industry. Oh well...at least he seems to enjoy it all!

Similair to being the owner of a restaurant as well as the hostess, waiter, chef and busboy.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Yup - love it
    LOL

Thread Information