100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

The new GSA courses

Back to an old topic, I was wrong on the new GSA courses being free. There's now a section on their software page that has the 14 new courses released this year as a $200 package. Still not a bad deal, but not as good as free.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    14 courses for $200 is a good deal. Exactly what I mean about DD bundling their courses at a lower rate.

I just checked the P3Pro website, and it looks like all references to the 31 new courses are gone. Have they decided to drop the GSA Golf project completely???

No they still are working on it. In fact they are in the middle of the Beta testing phase and I think it is going well. Hopefully the courses will be soon released.

Glad to hear it. I got the newest courses for GSA Golf yesterday and a couple are really good...particularly the C'oeur D'Alene resort. It has the island green with the boat animated that takes golfers to the green.

Sounds really cool. So are you still able to download courses free? You have the best setup rdh.

I always say, no setup is perfect. I like your higher launch angle limit.

Anyway, I am happy with my setup. I've received the new courses at no charge this year, but I think it's because I'm generally the one prompting GGS when they come out (I watch a forum for "CustomPlay Golf" which is the PC game version of GSA Golf, where new courses are posted). I don't expect that to continue, but it's been good to this point.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Yes, $200 is extremely cost effective for 14 courses!

I am working with Martin right now, as he said that there have been some changes. If anyone bought a GGS system out there - I would love to get any feedback on their experience.

The customers that I had with them were just ok with it, but it is aways nice to get more feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Back to an old topic, I was wrong on the new GSA courses being free. There's now a section on their software page that has the 14 new courses released this year as a $200 package. Still not a bad deal, but not as good as free.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey Bubba,

The Beta testing is kind of on the QT right now, as they don't want to get hopes up too high (they don't want to let their customers down any further right? )

I am one of the Beta Testers and I agree it is miles ahead of where it was.

(But you didn't hear about the beta testing from me ok? LOL)

Cheers,
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    No they still are working on it. In fact they are in the middle of the Beta testing phase and I think it is going well. Hopefully the courses will be soon released.

Once again thank you Cory. I am a beta tester as well. I will keep it on the low and allow p3pro to release any new info. Thanks for all the info Cory. I think the diy site should include all sims as if you try to separate the sims, the info gets somewhat thin. That almost happened with this thread.

When you look at the cost and quality of the GSA courses I think they are cheap compared to the dd premium courses. dd should look at bundling the courses as GSA do.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    Bubba, seeing as dd only has 3 premium courses it will take a while before they think of any bundling. They will probably have to have 5-10 courses before that will happen. It seems that p3pro is taking an incredible amount of time for their courses to be available. I wonder why they keep having deals with no timeframe for the courses to arrive?

I agree psace. Even 3 courses for $100 or 4 for $150 would be a start. 5-10 would be a better number. P3pro are very close to releasing the courses.

Nice to see a dedicated thread for GSA Golf and course discussion now. I was probably boring the 3DD users to death with my comments around GSA golf on the other thread!

It looks like a couple more courses are almost ready - Sunningdale and BroBalsta. There are preview screenshots at http://www.24-hrgaming.com/forum/top...alsta-preview/ - they look pretty good. Once they're published, it is still up to Red Chain to convert them to work with GSA Golf, then it's up to the various distributors (GGS, P3ProSwing, etc.) to package and distribute them.

Bubba - I know you can't give out any details of the P3Pro beta testing with GSA Golf, but you can comment on the GSA software itself and what you think of it (that is independent from the hardware being used). I'm interested to get your feedback on the software. Personally I really like it. There are lots of areas where improvements or new features would be nice, but overall I find it a great piece of simulation software.

Just getting the courses and dongles today in the mail so I will let you know by Wed this week.

Thread Information