CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar

anyone know of a good high speed camera that works well in low lighting

Thanks Bubba...

Does anyone know of a good high speed camera that works well in low lighting (indoors)? That is to say, one that doesn't cost an arm, leg and a couple of berries in between?

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    You need good light. Outside is no issue even at sundown. Inside you need good lighting. Very good camera.

6 Iron SJA is on a distinguished road
    What you are asking for is in conflict with its self. High speed camera's have a fast shutter speed. This requires bright light. The faster the shutter the more light. To change this equation requires money.

LOL, yes I know... but technology is changing so fast that I am sure someone will come up with something someday and it never hurts to ask if someone found something that works

Quote Originally Posted by SJA View Post
    What you are asking for is in conflict with its self. High speed camera's have a fast shutter speed. This requires bright light. The faster the shutter the more light. To change this equation requires money.

Lob Wedge i505 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Par2Pro View Post
    LOL, yes I know... but technology is changing so fast that I am sure someone will come up with something someday and it never hurts to ask if someone found something that works
    By far, the most cost effective solution is to get a (relatively) cheaper camera like the casio and couple it with a good light. I use mine indoors to work on my putting stroke sometimes and have found that a small floodlight works very good in the 420fps mode.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    High speed cameras will require more light due to the faster shutter speeds. I don't know of one that can be used with low light. I use flood lights from Walmart for indoor swing analysis with the Casio. I shoot at 210 fps. I love the camera for outdoor use. Played on the weekend with my wife and 2 kids and we had a great time watching the slo mo videos of our swings. Kids are still laughing about the videos.

Great rounds Marine1. What's the delay in getting the sim going?

Found One!

Hey All,

I ended up finding a great camera with HD video and slow speed (up to 270 fps or something like that).

It is the Canon SD4000ls - I took all of the PGA Fall Expo videos with it, so you can check out the links in the new post that I am about to post.

It works very well in lower lighting, still not the best but I am really happy with it for the price.

Thread Information