CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Old Course

Lob Wedge DaBassSource is on a distinguished road

The Old Course

Has anyone received any news about a release of an Old Course for DD? I hoped to see an email concerning, but I guess not.

-DBS

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have not yet recieved any info. DD are about as tight lipped as BP and the Gulf oil spill. I am sure it will be a last minute release and completely suprise everybody.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    The last 2 premium courses were released on the first day of the actual tournament. Perhaps there was a problem with Simway and optishot?

Anybody download St Andrews from optishot? It doesn't look quite as good as Simway's video, perhaps a bit scaled down.

I agree Psace the Simway video is nicer than the Optishot one.

Lob Wedge DaBassSource is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    Anybody download St Andrews from optishot? It doesn't look quite as good as Simway's video, perhaps a bit scaled down.
    Just saw it... What a disappointment. Talk about scaled down. That doesn't really even seem to be a "Premium" course. Maybe I would like it more if I didn't know what it should look like.

DBS

Putter LarryKu is on a distinguished road
    I believe there is a bit of over reaction in the video comparisons. Although the Simway video looks better than the Optishot video, consider these two points.

1. The Optishot fly over is at a much higher elevation.
    2. It appears the Optishot video was made with "Overcast" being selected for the weather. This alone would make the Optishot video appear to have less contrast and thus not look nearly as good as the Simway video.

Unfortunately, the only way to get a true perspective of the Optishot course is to make the purchase and see how it looks on your setup. I would bet the Old Scot course was created by Simway, so there should be very little difference from what they offer other simulators.

Good points, Larry. I would hope you are right. However, I don't believe that was an overcast view. To me, it looks like it is a clear view as you can see the blue sky. The other thing I noticed is there are not as many buildings in the optishot video. The little shack behind the 18th and the one in front of the buildings on the first hole shown on the video. These are just two things I noticed.

You are right, one would have to buy the course to find out and that is why I asked my question a few posts back.

The next premium course should be Whistling Straits another course with a rugged terrain and the site of the PGA Championship in August.

You may be right Larry. Did anyone purchase the new course and if so how does it look? I am not biting the bullet and would hope hat they can bundle courses at a lower cost. I would also hope for a launch measurement but that probably won't happen .

DD should be releasing Whistling Straits this week. Should be an interesting one. Anyone buy the old course yet?

Bought the Old Scot course last night. It is much better than the Optishot preview. However, it is still St. Andrews and a little boring on the scenery side. There are many undulations on the fairways and greens to make it interesting.

Thread Information