+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge skinsthegolf is on a distinguished road

New user with questions

Hello to all. New to Forum and new to Dancin Dogg. Had some questions and was wondering if their might be a resident expert who could answer them for me ? Looking forward to hearing from one and all.
    Thanks in advance .

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Welcome skinsthegolf. Just go ahead and post your questions here - that way you'll get responses from anyone who has insight into the particular topic(s). You've found a solid group to tap into for advice.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Welcome skinsthegolf. Just ask the questions and you should get a response. I encourage you to read through the forum as you may find the answer to some or all of your questions. Lots to read but there is very good information there.

Thanks to rdh and bubba 22. Right now two problems. With Optishot 2010 if i use its default settings for clubs, game improvement for example, it seems i can't hit as far as usual shots go ? I have played around and added my set and tweaked the settings to get the ballpark distances. Is this to be expected ?
    Your experiences...how accurate is the shot data ?
    Lastly, for now, regarding Tiger Woods 08, it seems it doesn't matter what settings, if i swing my normal swing, the golfer on screen takes a quarter swing at the ball and tops it down the fairway.
    Any help on these would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes that is to be expected. I need to tweak my distances. Shot data is fairly accurate, better with the irons vs the woods in my experience. Where the accuracy is really bad is in the determination of the shot distance and flight of the ball based on the launch. If you hit a low skulled ball then the simulator will use the effective loft and represent a normal shot. Without the launch angle measurement I think all shots not hit perfect will be very questionable and not accurate. (We all hit every shot perfect, right!!!) That is why I have switched to the p3pro with the launch angle measurement. Ideally we would like to know the spin as well but I think estimating the spin based on the club path and clubface angle is better than estimating the launch angle based on the effective loft. The ability for the dd to measure the club path and clubface angle is good especially with the irons but bad with the woods in my experience. I think there are better systems out there than the dd but for the price the dd is a very good unit. If you want more you have to spend more.

I don't use the Tiger Woods game so I can't answer that question.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Welcome Skins!

This forum is a great place to post your questions!

I have been selling the Optishot for years and try to answer as many of the questions posted here as possible.

The users in this forum really know their stuff and have improved my knowledge by asking some questions that I have never run into with my clients (or even from personal experience).

If you have a question and I can't answer it, I will find the answer for you ASAP.

Cheers,
    Cory

PS: You can also conact me directly at cory@par2pro.com with your questons and I will provide you with unbiased answers.

Quote Originally Posted by skinsthegolf View Post
    Hello to all. New to Forum and new to Dancin Dogg. Had some questions and was wondering if their might be a resident expert who could answer them for me ? Looking forward to hearing from one and all.
    Thanks in advance .

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Bubba had a good answer to your questions on the sets...

As for the TW interface, sometimes you can change a few settings that you would not expect would make a difference:
    1. Resolution must be set at 1024 x 768 in both the game options and your OS settings.
    2. Try turning off the True Swing Mode

If you still have problems, just give their tech support a call and they should have you up and running in no time.

Cheers,
    Cory

Thanks to rdh and bubba 22. Right now two problems. With Optishot 2010 if i use its default settings for clubs, game improvement for example, it seems i can't hit as far as usual shots go ? I have played around and added my set and tweaked the settings to get the ballpark distances. Is this to be expected ?
    Your experiences...how accurate is the shot data ?
    Lastly, for now, regarding Tiger Woods 08, it seems it doesn't matter what settings, if i swing my normal swing, the golfer on screen takes a quarter swing at the ball and tops it down the fairway.
    Any help on these would be appreciated. Thanks

Again thanks to all responses. Cory can you elaborate. How you check for resolution settings ? If you turn True Swing mode off, what mode do you use ? Do any other software programs work on Optishot, The company SimwayGolf comes to mind ?
    Thanks

Simway is the company that is making the courses for dd. As far as I know there are no other companies or programs that work with the dd.

Sorry for the delay replying. Thanks for asking about my back Cory - it's been 100% better for a few weeks now, so I'm just being careful to warm up properly and am keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. It wasn't much fun. Shooting an 83, though, WAS fun! Thanks for your help in getting there.

Keep in mind the GSA Golf system uses a completely different structure than 3DD. With 3DD, Dancin Dogg (I believe) contracts SimWay to develop courses. So, Simway has to do all the work along with their other workload. GSA Golf is a modified version of CustomPlay Golf 2010 (a PC golf game). It has a course designer, so there are several hobbyists developing courses. That enables them to come out quicker, and at an extremely low cost. I keep an eye on http://www.24-hrgaming.com/forum/for...stomplay-golf/ to get updates new courses being developed or released...a couple previews were just posted there for Sunningdale and BroBalsta. I'm not sure what will happen as far as courses like that being released for P3Pro, but they are all being released through GGS.

Exciting stuff on the beta testing for P3Pro...we'll look forward to hearing your assessments Cory/Bubba once the beta testing is complete (and public knowledge!).

Pitching Wedge Nigel_37 is on a distinguished road
    Again thanks to all responses. Cory can you elaborate. How you check for resolution settings ? If you turn True Swing mode off, what mode do you use ? Do any other software programs work on Optishot, The company SimwayGolf comes to mind ?
    Thanks
    Skins, you can also adjust the power settings from the practice zone preferences screen. I've attached a pic of what you should be looking for.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Images

Thanks to all,

Nigel 37 I went to that page and put all the settings on longer or more. It didn't change anything.

Cory suggested
    1. Resolution must be set at 1024 x 768 in both the game options and your OS settings.

How you check for resolution settings ? If you turn True Swing mode off, what mode do you use ?

Pitching Wedge Nigel_37 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks to all,

Nigel 37 I went to that page and put all the settings on longer or more. It didn't change anything.

Cory suggested

How you check for resolution settings ? If you turn True Swing mode off, what mode do you use ?
    Weird. How about adjusting the slider in the Player tab (from Optishot practice zone's preference menu)?

To change your resolution in TW08, click on the Options, and go to Video. It will show which resolution you're using.

That's about all I got...

Cheers

To Nigel 37. I changed TW08 to higher resolution 1024x760 or something like that as opposed to 800x600 what it was set and the video could not keep up with the real time activity. I would swing and maybe 5 to 8 seconds later the golfer would swing.
    It would also appear that the poor distances are because of what the game interprets as a bad swing. The shot information shows data information in red on the analyzer.
    Yet Optishot / DD works well and i am satisfied with that, but would enjoy TW08 and playing the "big name courses"
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all !!
    I'm off for some beauty sleep. I work tonight, the first of 3 12hr shifts.

Thread Information