100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road

odd question, ignore if not appropriate

I enjoy reading the rules section, but rarely retain some of them, so hopefully you'll be able to help, but it needs some backstory, and if its too long to give any answers, its fine.

I went golfing today with a good friend, who I will call MR X, and 6 friends of his. We were 2 groups of 4. I was in the first four, not with Mr. X. One of his friends said to another that Mr. X would most likely score better than both of them. The other fellow, who I will call Mr. ANNOYING , said "No way, Ill wager a beer I score better". The beer bet was on.

In the back nine, the groups got shuffled for other reasons. Mr. ANNOYING and Mr. X were teamed together, along with me. I play with Mr. X regularly, and I know he just enjoys hacking and having fun. He was NOT IN on the beer wager. Unfortunately Mr. ANNOYING was taking it very seriously, and re-aded every hole and questioned Mr. X's scores repeatedly.

Mr. ANNOYING was quick to point out EVERY LITTLE VIOLATION and penalty, but was sometimes remiss to point out errors in Mr. X's favour (one hole Mr. X said he scored 8, but I pointed out it was 7).

Mr. ANNOYING annoyed me so much, because (IN MY OPINION) he was making clear violations himself, but not taking penalties.

Thats why I'm here. I'd like to email back and point out that Mr. Annoying's score is in error. But I'm not sure by how many. Heres the incidents I noticed Mr. Annoying do:

1) His ball was on the green, he didnt mark it, it was hit by another ball and knocked 2 feet closer to the hole. I told him he should replace it in its original spot. He ignored me and proceeded to ht, knocking it in. Does he lose any strokes for this?

2) He hit into fescue, NOT out of bounds, and found his ball. His second shot went 120 yards further down, but IN FESCUE. He could NOT find his ball. He dropped beside the fescue, closer to the hole. He finished out the hole. Penalty?

3) He hit into water from the tee. He dropped beside the water, not nearest point of entry. Pen?

4) He was on a cart path near the green. His ball was on the side of the path closest to the green. He lifted his ball and threw it in the rough on hillside of the green (thus closer to the green). I called him on it, he ignored me.

5) He submited a final score in comparison to win the beer. Any violation for that?

Thanks.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Five times yes
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Add 10 strokes to his score. DQ in tournament play for submitting an incorrect scorecard. Eternal shame.

Hey Steve, I'm glad you don't like beer that much.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    With that kind of attitude, I wouldnt have friends to buy it!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information