100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funk-like View Post
    Louis seems like a classy guy, he played very well and deserves the win. A great exhibition of control and power.
    Apparently he bought the entire press room champagne after his press conference...nice touch

3 Wood funk-like is on a distinguished road
    In terms of the course, yes the greens, fairways, tees etc are all the same turf. The fairways are amazing, and in great shape. I played it 5 times last year on two separate trips. Some of the tees were actually a little different than how they had them set up this week - specifically the tee on 18 was placed closer to the 18th green - just beyond the 17th green, but when I played it, the 18th tee was actually to the left of the 17th green. I played it and the hole was actually longer, I think they put it there this week so the pros could drive 18 and maybe make eagle. In terms of the greens, they are firm, you do play the shots a little lower because of wind, but the course drains so well since its on a sand base, that they are just not soft. I played and it had just rained, and it was the same as when it had not rained for a week.
    In terms of liking it, if you ever get the chance to play it - do it. You will not regret it. It is like no other place on earth. You will feel like you know it, and I'm sure you will be 'comfortable there' as I was.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funk-like View Post
    In terms of the course, yes the greens, fairways, tees etc are all the same turf. The fairways are amazing, and in great shape. I played it 5 times last year on two separate trips.
    That is awesome...I am SOOOOOOO jealous. I lived in Scotland for two years and never played a round of golf there ...I'm such an idiot

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Boring?
    OK I'll admit there was nae anyone else who was up to the task master that is The Old Course... Louis was amazing to watch. He ate the old girl for lunch.

I love "The Open".
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Timbuktu
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    I hope you are being sarcastic....are you a golf fan or a Woods/Mickelson groupie?

I honestly don't really like Phil all that much but he is exciting to watch because of his go for it style of play. Sometimes it pans out(Masters), sometimes it doesn't(Wingfoot) but it's exciting as hell to watch some of the shots he plays.

I do however really enjoy watrching Tiger play ever since his amateur days because he revolutionized golf. No one can argue that Tiger is the single reason why the guys are teeing it up for so much money now a days and all your favorite golfers have benefited from it.

If you're telling me the final round was not boring then what was exciting about it? Lee Westwood the par machine? Stenson the motionless swede? Heck the only time things got interested in the final group was when Shrek made Casey pull big stick on 12 and even that slowed there pace to 1.5 holes back.

I'll be watching the Senior Open next weekend as well to see Carnoustie, so I think that speaks for itself.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    That was boring as hell. I pvr'd all of it and maybe watched 45 minutes total. That final round was not exciting golf by any stretch of the imagination.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That was boring as hell.
    Agreed. I chose to clean the basement storage area rather than watch the British Open.

A surgical dismantiling of the field does not make for good entertainment, no matter how impressive it is. Louis put on a clinic, but with nobody making a chase, it was about as interesting as listening to Larry King explain string theory in Cantoneese.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I wonder how many people will tee off with a red dot on their glove this morning.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Count me in the group that said it was boring.

If Casey had made a charge and/or if Oosthuizen had stumbled bringing the guys at -8/-9 into the mix then it would have been interesting.

Not saying he didn't play really well and deserve the win, just that it wasn't exciting to watch.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Thread Information