100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stack & Tilt

Putter freshman is on a distinguished road

Stack & Tilt

Anybody had success with this swing? It looks cool.

There's a school in Toronto next week with Plummer and Bennett and I may be going

Consistently present Kiwi is on a distinguished road Kiwi's Avatar

Thumbs up Stack & Tilt

Have seen it. Looks like it may be easier on your body than the traditional swing. Might be suitable for older guys, guys with weaker abs or guys that have back issues. Be interested in your assessment after the course.

4 Iron Domo is on a distinguished road Domo's Avatar
    I play with it. Great swing method, all about controlling low point and curvature of ball. And it works.
    Locally, Graham Gunn can help you at Orleans Golf Academy/ aka White Sands. There is also a one day school in Verona (near Syracuse) at the Turning Stone Resort on either Aug 1 or Aug 5 which is a little less expensive than the TO school, though only the one day vs the two days at Piper's Heath. I am attending on the 5th. http://stackandtiltgolfswing.com/clinics/

Kiwi's assessment on suitability is only a tiny bit correct. It's better on the back and body in general but I can assure you I don't have weak abs, am only 39 and do not have back issues ;-)

The emphasis is that the method works.

amateurgirl
    I was taught this method as well from a instructor at Pipers Heath in Toronto. I started with the traditional swing from another instructor but I then switched to this method and found it a lot better in terms of consistency in striking the ball.

I think it will help my game because i dont hit down on the ball. the cost is high and this is a chance to have juste a fewe other player with 4 certified S&T teaching pros. mike bennett and andy plummer too.

i emailed a guy about it and he said its good to go to toronto because they only have 1 certified teacher in canada if i need help.

Trust me when I tell you Graham Gunn in Orleans, while technically not "certified" knows everything you would need to know about the swing and teaches it very well. He plays using S&T too.

I am thinking (but don't know for sure) the only "certified" guy in Canada might be Conor O'Shea at Core Golf Academy (Piper's Heath) who I have heard many great things about and his youtube stuff is also fantastic. But why drive 4+ hours when you can get lessons in your own back yard?

Do the clinic in TO, take everything away with you but you can continue your progression up here.

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    Gunner knows his stuff. I have spoke to him about S&T many times.

do you know if graham Gunn been to one of the schools? If he has and he is close I will call him after I go to t.o
    The teacher in toronto is nick starchuk. its on the toronto forum too

3 Wood goley is on a distinguished road
    I dont know if Graham has gone to their schools but he has taken lessons and studied from some of the S&ters. Graham will b out of the country trying to qualify for the British Senior Championship over the next week or so. You can get ahold of Graham at the Orleans Golf Center, and check up on Nick at smartergolflessons.com I am also very good friends with Nick and he knows his stuff. You will enjoy your time with both of them. Not only are they very knowledgeable but both are very good players.

Graham works with Dave Wedzik who owns one of two certified academies in the US - Golf Evolution in Erie, PA. He also worked with Mark Evershed prior to that, a TGM guy who developed his own system that is inline with the S&T principles.
    Nick Starchuk is a name I definitely recognize from the facebook group. Don't know him but he definitely gets it.
    Graham is back in Canada on the 26th of July. If you speak to him you can tell him Dominic sent you his way.
    If goley is who I think he is, his recommendation has a lot of weight to it as well cuz he ain't too shabby in the instruction department either.

Have fun in TO!

quick follow up. Graham is not back til the 3rd of August and he also qualified for the Senior British Open. He tees off at 10:30 Scotland time tomorrow a.m. (0430 here).

Thread Information