100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smuggler's Glen

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road

Smuggler's Glen

I am golfing there next week and looking forward to this great course. I am a bit confused, however, as to exactly where this course is located.

When I look at a page on their web site (pix also attached):

http://smugglersglen.com/golf_course.html

I see a very attractive picture of a golf course that seems to be backing on the Thousand Islands. But when I look at the course on a map, it seems to be well north of the 1000 Islands Parkway - not at all close to the river.

Is this picture accurate ?
    Attached Images

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    That seems about right. You can see part of the St-Lawrence seaway on the first hole but then you go inland for the rest.Mind you, its probably the nicest course in the whole Ottawa-Kingston area with its beautifull layout. Dont worry about not being close to the water as every hole is spectacular.Enjoy.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    It's on the Ivy Lea Parkway, on the north side, just across the hwy from the water. You can see the hwy in that pic and while it is close, it is not on the water but as Mark said you can see the water from the first tee but that's about it.

btw, bring lots of ammo, its a tight course, especially the first time around. I think the back plays easier than the front as well.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thanks for the input guys. I have heard so many good things about this course and am really looking forward to golfing it.

I am still very confused about the picture on their web site. As I look at the picture, it seems to me that the view is looking towards the south, with some of the holes almost right on the river. I see no visual of the Parkway between the river and the golf course. But the map shows the course north of the parkway and no where close to the river.

I just don't get it - this picture cannot be the same course ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    it looking towards the south, but the light green area on the other side (south side) of the hwy is not part of the course. It is a pic of SG, you'll figure it out when you get there.

look at this:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...13711&t=h&z=16
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    that pic is accurate. The clubhouse is situated at about 1 oclock on the pic. the very bottom middle of the pic is 4 fairway. the parkway, if you look close can be seen about 1 inch down right in the middle of the pic and goes to the left for about 1.5 inches..# 1 and 2 run parallel to the parkway, then #3 goes down to the middle of the pic over the pond which is just left of the exact center of the pic! the long hole down the left is the par 5 7th.and the green in the bottom middle left is the toughest hole on the course, #6. and all the pics on the right from bottom up are 13, 14 15 a very short par 3 16, 17 and 10 and 18 run parallel with 18 going around that big pond! Great track. enjoy
    THUNDER

Thanks guys, I've got it now. Can see the parkway. Mystery solved.

Thread Information