100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heading to T.O.

Sand Wedge bulldogger75 is on a distinguished road

Heading to T.O.

Hi guys,
    I'm heading to T.O. for the RBC Canadian Open in a couple weeks. My buddy and and I are looking to play a round of golf on the Wednesday. Any recommendations for courses either along the 401 or in the GTA area? We don't want to spend anymore then $50-$60 a round. I know that's cheap by GTA standards, just checkng to see what's out there.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Did some research and I'm booked at Timber Ridge next Wednesday. Looks like a pretty nice course.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You have made an excellent choice
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thanks Lefty! Have you played that track yourself? If yes, does it compare to any of the courses we have here in the Ottawa area?

Thanks,

Jason

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    don valley is very accessible and cheap
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Its a great track, lots of bunkers, fairways are subtily undulated, makes you think around the course. The first tee is nice, slightly elevated. Comparing it to something local I am not sure, maybe Eagle Creek but not nearly as tight. It seems like every hole has something to think about off the tee and every green is well protected and offers any errant approach shot a chance to find some caca or maybe that was just me. The website gives great information as I recall on yardages and each hole's layout.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie irish_OG is on a distinguished road irish_OG's Avatar
    hey - have u heard of any other reasonable courses in TO - around the 50-60 price range........i'm heading down next week

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Its a great track, lots of bunkers, fairways are subtily undulated, makes you think around the course. The first tee is nice, slightly elevated. Comparing it to something local I am not sure, maybe Eagle Creek but not nearly as tight. It seems like every hole has something to think about off the tee and every green is well protected and offers any errant approach shot a chance to find some caca or maybe that was just me. The website gives great information as I recall on yardages and each hole's layout.
    - OG

Thread Information