100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Where will lebron end up?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will stay in CLE

2 18.18%
  • He will go to NY and get paul, williams or anthony to follow him next year

0 0%
  • He is doing to CHI

0 0%
  • he is going to MIA to play with Bosh and Wade

9 81.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lebron james??

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

Lebron james??

i guess tiger is happy someone is taking all the attention away from him. I wonder where king james will end up??
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    I will never like Lebron, he's such a jackass. Hope he tears both ACLs and is out of basketball permanently.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I will never like Lebron, he's such a jackass. Hope he tears both ACLs and is out of basketball permanently.
    i wonder what would come out of your mouth if you weren't drunk off your rocker and posting on ottawagolf
    willy

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    strikeout html doesn't work on this site anymore? damn.

Lebron is cool, but this 1 hour special on ESPN to announce where he's going is ridiculous.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I vote who cares
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

agreed, i'm going to go join my boy FD and have a few drinks before I watch it.

If he goes to MIA everyone is going to say him, bosh and wade planned this right from the start... they were also the same three that took 3 year deals instead of 6 year deals at the same time with CLE, MIA and TOR.

If he goes to NY everyone is going to say he went for the money and that he will try to lure derron williams, chris paul or carmelo anthony to NY.

If he stays in CLE he will sign a 3 year deal and we will go through all this again in 3 years.

If he goes to CHI everyone will say he is trying to cop jordan and he will forever be compared to him and will never match up.

If he goes to any other team i will shave my head (after my engagement shoot LOL)
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I vote who cares
    funny, that is exactly how 270mil americans feel about hockey lol
    willy

Shagging Balls DIbit is on a distinguished road DIbit's Avatar

Lb

Toronto should sell the Leafs then try to get Lebron to play for the Raptors.
    They could offer him a 6 year 180 million.
    Bite, Bite!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    Who's Lebron James?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenisO View Post
    Who's Lebron James?
    Does he play golf?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

The Miami Heat is now my favorite b-ball team! Just having Wade and Lebron would have been sick, but throw in Bosh too?? I'm liking their chances to beat Orlando or Boston in the east.

5 Wood Shushu is on a distinguished road Shushu's Avatar
    I don't understand how you can be such a Lebron hater. How is he nay more of a jackass then any other number 1 draft pick?

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    +1. And the NBA is just a joke..
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Maybe I don't watch enough B-Ball. He doesn't seem any different then anyone else out there. Just wants to win, Player of the year either in the running or winning for the last 3-4 years. If I owned a team...he's exactly who I'd want to lead it. Along With Steve Nash of course.

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar

sorry if this is too long...

Letter from Cavs Owner

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shushu View Post
    Maybe I don't watch enough B-Ball. He doesn't seem any different then anyone else out there. Just wants to win, Player of the year either in the running or winning for the last 3-4 years. If I owned a team...he's exactly who I'd want to lead it. Along With Steve Nash of course.
    I don't think its the talent people question, its his pompous, arrogant attitude.

Nash is the exact opposite of LeBron in terms of character.

Caddy SGH is on a distinguished road SGH's Avatar
    I just don't see how this is all going to work/fit together.

I know Boston made it work for them; however, this just seems different.

James will have to make scoring secondary and focus on playmaking, as that's not Wade's strong suit. A point guard will be a moot point on this team, given they won't want the ball anyone else's hands but the big three. Also, none of these guys are great 3 point shooters, so they'll definitely need someone to fill that role, or they'll see a lot of zone defence with limited open lanes for slashing.

Regardless, this makes me an even bigger fan of the NHL's cap system.

Albatross goliath is on a distinguished road goliath's Avatar
    The salaries these guys are getting is ridiculous. This will forever mark all the careers of all 3. Even if they win championships none will go down as one of the greatest to play the game. I hope kobe beats all 3 next year.

I don't think its the talent people question, its his pompous, arrogant attitude.

Nash is the exact opposite of LeBron in terms of character.
    Is he any different then KG, KOBE, or PIERCE. It comes with being 18....and told he's going to be better than Jordan and makes $90 million endorsment deals without stepping on the NBA court. He has to have that swagger of being the best. All of the best players have it. Whether it's football, baseball, hockey or any other sport. If he wasn't as good as he is, but still commanded the money I would agree with it all.

I do beleive in the Salary caps as well.... especially rookie caps....

Quote Originally Posted by Shushu View Post
    Is he any different then KG, KOBE, or PIERCE. It comes with being 18....and told he's going to be better than Jordan and makes $90 million endorsment deals without stepping on the NBA court. He has to have that swagger of being the best. All of the best players have it. Whether it's football, baseball, hockey or any other sport. If he wasn't as good as he is, but still commanded the money I would agree with it all.

I do beleive in the Salary caps as well.... especially rookie caps....
    ya, he is different - can his ego get any bigger? I don't recall any of those guys holding a prime time special to announce "where his talents will go".

MJ, Magic, Bird never acted like that and they were the best of the best.

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    I'm not an NBA fan but the way Bosh and James handled free agency is disgusting. I love the letter the Cavs owner wrote and hope the Heat never win a title. They could have shown some respect for their now former teams. James has been built up for so long that you can't really blame him for the way he acts, ego wise, but he'll never be the greatest imo. He's got a bunch of tattoos and from what I've read they're pretty much all about self worship.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Miami! Wow. Who cares?? More people than all the fans of hockey worldwide put together 10 times.

The salaries they make are commensurate with the sport's polularity.
    Andrew

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    ya, he is different - can his ego get any bigger? I don't recall any of those guys holding a prime time special to announce "where his talents will go".

MJ, Magic, Bird never acted like that and they were the best of the best.
    Interesting Lebron gets dumped on so much for this media circus over his free agency...a lot of it is not his fault. Do I agree with holding a 1-hour special to announce where you will sign...no.

I don't think he's any more arrogant or egotistical than many other players. Did you watch MJ's Hall of Fame induction speech...not so gracious. Lebron said all the right things on camera yesterday...hard to fault the guy for going somewhere where he thinks he can win. Ultimately he wants to win...all the legacy talk is a bit much. If you win...people will remember you...regardless of whether he gets put in the category with MJ, Kobe, Bird or others.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leafseh View Post
    Letter from Cavs Owner

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    People can say whatever they want about Lebron, and personally I could care less because basketball is insignificant in my world.

But what I DO know is that Dan Gilbert has to be the biggest baby that I have ever seen in my life!! Are you freaking kidding me Dan?!?

All Lebron wants to do is win and all you had to do over the 5 years that you owned the team was to put some talent around him. But instead of spending to the cap in an effort to win the Championship that you claim to want so much, you just lined your pockets with the revenues that Lebron generated for you.

Dan Gilbert has no one to blame but himself for James leaving.......it isn't about the $$ for Lebron it is about winning and quite frankly, the Cleveland Cava-whiners did nothing to help Lebron win in Cleveland.

I seriously can't believe what Gilbert wrote. I'd expect something like that from a 17 year-old girl not a grown, successful businessman

Here's hoping that the Cavs tank BIG TIME and that Dan Gilbert loses his shirt in the process.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm with you Hacker, this is insane. He was with the team for a long time and they aren't getting it done plain and simple. Can't wait to see the Heat dominate.

I know why Dan Gilbert wrote that letter, because he's covering his butt! Dan Gilbert is responsible for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He was praising James when James could have still stayed with Cleveland. Now that James is gone, Dan Gilbert paints James as the devil so that Cleveland fans rally around the team. He had no other choice. If he didn't blame James for leaving, then Cleveland fans would start blaming someone else for losing their best player. And who do you suppose would feel the heat? Yes, Dan Gilbert. Dan Gilbert is being a politician and shifting the blame away from himself to James. Like Hacker said, he should have added some real talent around James. Not an old Shaq and a bunch of nobodys. This is all Dan Gilbert's fault, and the letter he wrote is pathetic!

Team Match Play Champ 2010 DenisO is on a distinguished road DenisO's Avatar
    I've never seen so many "quoted" "words" in a letter "ever" before. He "really" needs to get himself a "real" editor to double check his "work" before sending it out to the "public".

5 Wood leafseh is on a distinguished road leafseh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post

I seriously can't believe what Gilbert wrote. I'd expect something like that from a 17 year-old girl not a grown, successful businessman

Here's hoping that the Cavs tank BIG TIME and that Dan Gilbert loses his shirt in the process.
    I don't have the link handy... but if you actually get to see the letter itself, it is written in Comic Sans script.

Oye.
    Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar

Thread Information