100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Who will be #1 on Monday?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Woods

14 51.85%
  • Singh

11 40.74%
  • Els

2 7.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    I don't get it, how many times you got to poll for this one, It really doesn't mather who is the #1 or will be the #1.The ranking changes time to time. What mathers is who is the greatest golfer ever?
    We have all heard about and or seen Jack, Arnie, Gary, Else, Norman, VJ, even Phil. They are great golfers, but aren't the greatest. There could be only one greatest golfer. I say Tiger is the greatest golfer ever.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    :readheart :readheart

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    We have all heard about and or seen Jack, Arnie, Gary, Else, Norman, VJ, even Phil. They are great golfers, but aren't the greatest. There could be only one greatest golfer. I say Tiger is the greatest golfer ever

Never thought you had that much sence of humour Farzin.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

5 Wood golfmania is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Farzin
    I don't get it, how many times you got to poll for this one, It really doesn't mather who is the #1 or will be the #1.The ranking changes time to time. What mathers is who is the greatest golfer ever?
    We have all heard about and or seen Jack, Arnie, Gary, Else, Norman, VJ, even Phil. They are great golfers, but aren't the greatest. There could be only one greatest golfer. I say Tiger is the greatest golfer ever.
    I like Tiger, but even I wont go this far. Other than majors won, most wins, and lifetime of great golf, you're right.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Sigh.... Didn't expect that from ya Farzin...... Not at all.......

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Other than majors won, most wins, and lifetime of great golf you're right.

So if Tiger hasnt got it all, how can he be?? You guys need a little help

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    So if Tiger hasnt got it all, how can he be?? You guys need a little help
    That was my point, I was being sarcastic...sigh, even the Tiger haters are jaded.

Hey, hows Singh doing? OOOPS !!!!

Hey, hows Singh doing? OOOPS !!!!
    Doing the Tiger thing, getting him right where he wants him. 12 shots behind Tiger means for a great sat/sun push!!!

Doing the Tiger thing, getting him right where he wants him. 12 shots behind Tiger means for a great sat/sun push!!!
    I just wonder how badly Tiger has to play for your best players to become number one after all this years. How many more chances Tiger has to give to VJ, Else or Phil to take the Title. Tiger has been giving them a few Muligan each. How many more do they each need to proof it that they are worthy of #1 at least for a week or so. If they can't do it now, it's hard to belive they can ever do it when Tiger puts his driver together. They all need a percenage of a point or so to get the job done. DO they have it in them? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I don't think they have what it takes to be the # 1 ranked player, forget about being the greatest ever.

I just wonder how badly Tiger has to play for your best players to become number one after all this years. How many more chances Tiger has to give to VJ, Else or Phil to take the Title. Tiger has been giving them a few Muligan each. How many more do they each need to proof it that they are worthy of #1 at least for a week or so. If they can't do it now, it's hard to belive they can ever do it when Tiger puts his driver together. They all need a percenage of a point or so to get the job done. DO they have it in them? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I don't think they have what it takes to be the # 1 ranked player, forget about being the greatest ever.
    The problem is Tiger's title, based on two years, is still riding on his excellent performance before his slump. Now his average is going down...and he better change something.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I just wonder how badly Tiger has to play for your best players to become number one after all this years. How many more chances Tiger has to give to VJ, Else or Phil to take the Title. Tiger has been giving them a few Muligan each. How many more do they each need to proof it that they are worthy of #1 at least for a week or so. If they can't do it now, it's hard to belive they can ever do it when Tiger puts his driver together.
    1. Being #1 is not a "TITLE." It is just a statistical index based on a mathematical formula. It is about as meaningful as an average.

2. History will decide who is the greatest golfer ever so until Tiger's PGA Tour career is over, any judgements are probably 20 years premature.

3. While Tiger's current position in the NEC is good considering his driving, it is his short game that keeps him in contention. The "greatest" golfer has a complete game.
    Great golfers don't go into denial about the state of their swings, and use the expression "I'm close," to justify their awful play. All he has to do is go back and look at the videotapes of his swing when he was playing well and work on those things that got him there, even if they are Butch's ideas.

His full driver swing is obviously too long, loose, over the top and above plane. His mid/short iron swing is tight and on plane and is amazing to watch. Hello!!! Should the "greatest ever" not be able to make a connection between the two.

Hello!!! Should the "greatest ever" not be able to make a connection between the two.
    He did and did it very very well for 30 years. Thanks for the memories JACK!

Steve,

I think you're forgetting something.

Tiger: -7, Tied for 2nd.
    Singh: +3

golfmania
    I'm in for that one.
    allears

"YYAAA, Tiger. You're the best"

Quote Originally Posted by golfmania
    Steve,

Tiger: -7, Tied for 2nd.
    Singh: +3

allears
    YAAAAAA Cink!!!! You're the best!!!!!!!!!

Tiger lost.

Dan

Andru
    The problem is Tiger's title, based on two years, is still riding on his excellent performance before his slump. Now his average is going down...and he better change something.
    When did this slump actually start this year?

"YYAAA, Tiger. You're the best"
    Thanks Steve, you're a man of honour. Broken, I know what kind of man you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru
    When did this slump actually start this year?
    Just my opinion. Slump is subjective. He certainly is bringing his average down, lets put it that way.

Thanks Steve, you're a man of honour. Broken, I know what kind of man you are.
    Do you? That would make you the first person in the history of the internet to qualify someone based on their forum presence.

Dan

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar

Who will be Tiger's Alternate Shot Partner

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Ya, He drove the ball everywhere but his own fairway, yet managed to finish seconed place. Where did everybody else go? They should have done it this week and take the title away from him at least for a short while. That might have woke Tiger up and made him do something abour his driver. But no. They couldn't do it. Now Tiger has figured that he really doesn't need his A game to beat this guys whenever it's count, . Lots of confidence builder it is, Isn't it?

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Now Tiger has figured that he really doesn't need his A game to beat this guys whenever it's count, . Lots of confidence builder it is, Isn't it?
    He still didn't win, he was tied for first amongst the losers. Again he scrambled well, but he shouldn't have to do that with his skill level.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Ya, He drove the ball everywhere but his own fairway, yet managed to finish seconed place. .... Lots of confidence builder it is, Isn't it?
    I don't know what your point is, except to say that Tiger can't win unless he gets his A game back. Until he drives consistently (and Sat and Sun were pretty bad), do you really think he can win anything?

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Do you? That would make you the first person in the history of the internet to qualify someone based on their forum presence.

Dan
    What about qualifying someone based on television and hearsay?

I don't know what your point is,
    Point is Frazin :readheart Tiger.
    Nothing more than that

Who finished better, Tiger, Vj, Else, or Phill? Tiger played the course , and not the field, all of the course, every where, and he still managed to beat those guys.. That's the point.
    The ranking as he said it, will look after itself. and it did.
    The guys came so close, but no cigar
    and that poll too.

Who finished better, Tiger, Vj, Else, or Phill? Tiger played the course , and not the field, all of the course, every where, and he still managed to beat those guys.. That's the point.
    The ranking as he said it, will look after itself. and it did.
    The guys came so close, but no cigar
    and that poll too.
    I agree Farzin, thats why I placed the bet. My worry is: the gap he used to have is huge, now its a mere few points. He's gotta get his game back.

the gap he used to have is huge, now its a mere few points
    So small that the putt for bird on 18 was very important afterall. Had he missed the putt, he would have lost #1 next week even if Tiger and VJ arent playing.

http://www.golfdigest.com/newsandtou...23ranking.html

Getting Exemptions The Shtick is on a distinguished road The Shtick's Avatar
    Well, it comes down to today folks. If Vijay wins, he's #1. If Tiger wins, he keeps the title for one more week.

I have a funny feeling that Tiger will shoot a 75 and Vijay a 73. Pressure for that #1 spot will get to both of them. I'll be glued to the TV this afternoon!!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I say VJ takes it over #1 today and will be on the cover on Sports Illustrated this week!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information